Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
What I especially like, about these classic traveller-hats, is these allround/allday-practicality.

-they are looking adventure-like and same way cool and tough, like Fedoras
-they are heavier made, more wind/weather-resistance (and often impragnated)
-they are also lightweight, because of the simple wool-felt
-they are crushable
-they normally got the wide enough brim for effective sunblocking

Perfect hat for german spring, summer and autumn. :)

This came in a couple days ago. Got a real scare when USPS tracking indicated it was out for delivery but noted there was "visible damage." Needless to say I was there to meet the postman and when he handed me the ripped, paper covered box I was pretty anxious. The postman even shook his head. I could see the hat inside and was scared to finish opening it. The original box had crumbled during shipping and was pretty much dust. I was very surprised to find the hat in pristine condition. Kind of an OR clone with a 2" brim.
CIMG0504.JPG CIMG0505.JPG CIMG0503.JPG CIMG0494.JPG CIMG0493.JPG CIMG0495.JPG
I decided I wanted another stingy brim and picked this up at the same time.
CIMG0496.JPG CIMG0497.JPG CIMG0498.JPG CIMG0499.JPG

Justdog

Practically Family
150th anniversary Stetson Pinnacle Pure Beaver Mink. Stiffer than the Caribou I got 6 months ago. Brim is turned up a bit more. Funny since a member mentioned that about the caribou. how it might look nicer upturned a bit more. Stetson Pinnacle Mink (5) (640x480).jpg Stetson Pinnacle Mink (2) (640x480).jpg
Great quality , firm block. very soft felt. Did not think I could buy a factory Stetson with the old quality but this definitely is well made.

150th anniversary Stetson Pinnacle Pure Beaver Mink. Stiffer than the Caribou I got 6 months ago. Brim is turned up a bit more. Funny since a member mentioned that about the caribou. how it might look nicer upturned a bit more.
Great quality , firm block. very soft felt. Did not think I could buy a factory Stetson with the old quality but this definitely is well made.

How's the fit?

Justdog

Practically Family
Size and Fit

How's the fit?
Fits fantastic. With a haircut :) it fits perfect with some space. Without it fits perfect but the hair fills it in a bit more. I got a 7 3/8. I can wear 7 1/4 but recently I find that 7 3/8 is just a better fit vintage wise.
Really good product for 325 Canadian

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
150th anniversary Stetson Pinnacle Pure Beaver Mink. Stiffer than the Caribou I got 6 months ago. Brim is turned up a bit more. Funny since a member mentioned that about the caribou. how it might look nicer upturned a bit more. View attachment 35524 View attachment 35525
Whats that color called? Its very nice!

Justdog

Practically Family
Color

Thx. The Stetson Mink does vary quite a bit. Thats one of the nicer looking variations.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Thanks. Was not aware the color could vary that much. I also heard that the block stiffness is different between colors. The caribou is less stiff than the mink.
I love them both though. Have no intention of snapping down the brims either. Love the raw edge.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Thanks. Was not aware the color could vary that much. I also heard that the block stiffness is different between colors. The caribou is less stiff than the mink.
I love them both though. Have no intention of snapping down the brims either. Love the raw edge.

+1 Brim up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou