Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luis

One of the Regulars
Just picked this one up on the Bay from a great seller for $16 ($11 hat + $5 shipping)
Adam Premier Executive. It is my size, I'm thinking I can send it to Art to have it redone.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Luis

One of the Regulars
Sweet catch, Luis! Too bad about the sweat, but the rest of the hat rocks. Congrats!
Thanks! Just had to. Reading up on some history of the Adam company gave me even more of a warm fuzzy feeling inside.
Yes, felt looks great and hope to get it restored as I need a brown one.

Luis

One of the Regulars
Sewing in a new sweat isn't that hard. If I can do it, anybody can...
Ok I will give it a shot, how hard can it be right? What about the flange? how can I restore the flange in the back to the way it was? or is that something that requires some hatter tools?

Ok I will give it a shot, how hard can it be right? What about the flange? how can I restore the flange in the back to the way it was? or is that something that requires some hatter tools?

While a flange would likely be needed to do it right, those old hats react pretty well to hand shaping, IMHO. Watch this video for a suggestion (Link) Now that I've collected a few tools, blocks and flanges, it's a lot easier for me. However, when I first started out, all I had was a teakettle and a baseball to work the inside of the hat (salad bowls work, too).

You will get better results from a professional blocking/flanging, unless you're much more experienced. However, if you give this a shot, and are satisfied with the way your hat looks afterward, then put the new sweat in and enjoy your hat!

Please take some time to peruse some of the threads on this forum concerning these things, including sewing in a sweatband. I thin most can be found in the "Important Hat Links" thread in the sticky.

Good luck and either way, post pix when finished!

ingineer

One Too Many
Neat! i intercepted another box without anyone noticing and giving me that "What Another hat?" speech.
Resistol 5X 3 -3/4"brim about 6 in open, perhaps late 70s in "crystal" really silverbelly

Last edited:

ingineer

One Too Many
Thank you Tony;
it is always amazing to find western slumbering in boxes and fedoras well used.
Must be people just buy as souvenirs
A nicer to me OR style San Antonio coming up soon

ingineer

One Too Many
Thanks Moon, i need your talent to crease it properly. you have the jimmy the lid hands It almost takes a dry crease into a tycoon

Where is the tea kettle?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany