Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Nice OR, Bob. Looks good on you too. I feel you about the "slippery slope." When I joined here I had one hat. Though I don't have as many hats as cowboy boots, I can't count all my hats on one hand any more. If they start to rival my boot numbers, I've been told I'll be relocating.

g.durand

One Too Many
Though I don't have as many hats as cowboy boots, I can't count all my hats on one hand any more. If they start to rival my boot numbers, I've been told I'll be relocating.

Bama, I don't have as many pairs of boots as hats, but I have a feeling I would have to relocate, too, if I get another pair. I'm thinking Texas might take me back without questioning my habits.

D@mn, Bob!! What an entrance! Nice to finally put a face to the name. That hat looks fantastic! I love Open Roads. The chore coat is pretty top shelf, too, as are the specs. Shurons? Congrats on that sweet find. Helluva hat for a first go.

Got my first old fur-felt hat! Nothing like what most of you post as it is a bit dirty and his a moth nip under the brim. Good enough for me as I can't have nice things.

I found it in a flea-market in Cabool, MO. It was priced at $59.95, but they were having a 30% off sale so I offered $30 and they accepted. Not sure of the year -- maybe late 1950s (I think Dando's store opened in 1957). That's me in the junk store asking my wife if it made me look fat. Since we were in Texas County I was rockin' the Texas County tuxedo.

Under the sweat band is the number 371238 as well as "58" hand-written.

I blame you all for this. I never really wore hats as my tall head made most hats look pretty goofy. Now I'm old enough that I don't really care. :D

I also have an Akubra coming from a Good Will auction. This may be a slippery slope.

Bob

Good job, BobHufford! A 3x Open Road right outta the chute, not bad. I hope it is the first of many you wear in good health, sir!

Nice OR, Bob. Looks good on you too. I feel you about the "slippery slope." When I joined here I had one hat. Though I don't have as many hats as cowboy boots, I can't count all my hats on one hand any more. If they start to rival my boot numbers, I've been told I'll be relocating.

Well, there are twice as many boots, by definition, right?

I echo Mr Moon and Mr G.durand totally and completely. Great look and great lookin hat. I've yet to get a vintage and I promise, I will.

Really? I guess I've never seen you in one, now that I think about it. Yeah, we have to get you into a 50s Stetson!

<It's not that I wear vintage, it's just been that long since I've updated my wardrobe>

Thanks everyone for the welcome!

Dale -- the chore jacket was my wife's Granddad's. I think it is a Penney's Big Mac from the 1960s. I actually use it for chores and have put my first hole in it. I wanted Shuron frames, but my new insurance threw a wrench into that so these are Converse.

[looks great on you ... hopefully you become a avid hat wearer... looks very natural on you

It looks great on you and matches up well with the tuxedo.

Looks good on you too.

Great look and great lookin hat.

I hope I look half as good in it as you do in yours.

You did look at the photo of me right? You all are a bunch of enablers. :D

That hat looks fantastic! The chore coat is pretty top shelf, too, as are the specs.

At least Dale limited his approval to what I was wearing, not how I was wearing it. It's refreshing ... :cool:

Really though ... thanks for the kudos everyone!

Bob

CONELRAD

One of the Regulars
Got this Lee Adventure the other day, first Lee I've ever owned. It's a nice lightweight hat. Color is actually sort of blue-grey, almost powder blue, but the pictures don't show it.

IMG_05390.JPG

IMG_05440.JPG

Last edited:

Justdog

Practically Family
Rare liner

Bob

That is actually a great deal. That is a rarer liner. It is also an open road. It has great character and looks real good on you.
Great find.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner