Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GoneSolo

One of the Regulars
HarpPlayerGene said:
WOW, Solo. I just perused your collection. TREEE-MENDUS!
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thanks Gene. I appreciate it coming from someone like you. There are a few others that aren't there yet. I am going to post a BLUE Stetson Bantam tomorrow.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
Next up is another (this makes four of these for me) Dobbs Hanover Square. This one's in moss green. Take that, Jimmy!! :D lol :)

Oh, man -- that one is a real beauty, Gene. Luckily, I was wearing my green Adam Executive today -- otherwise, I would never have been able to withstand this sneak attack! :D lol

Well done, my friend! :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
And while I'm at it...

Alchemy -- great lookin' Dobbs! :eusa_clap

And, Billy -- that Stetson Sovereign is just a classic. Congrats! :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
warmentrout, Love the Shudde Bros.!
nickn5, "Moonstone" is a fabulous color for that Akubra.
billyspewe, Your Lee looks brand new! Great find. And the Stetson is outstanding!
kiltie, If I had that Playboy, I'd wear it all summer!
Alchemy5150, Super Dobbs!
HarpPlayerGene, Wow! Two major rarities in one day! Hard to pick a favorite. Maybe the green Dobbs, but close.

Well done, Gentlemen!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

J.J. Gittes

A-List Customer
Gene, your Hanover looks similar to this Mystery hat I picked up at the Vintage Expo in Santa Monica. I have a thread on identifying it here http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=38622
The only bad thing about it is some of the moth damage, but it isn't anything horrible, the light color masks the nibbles very well, so well that photos of them won't show!

Imported010.jpg

Imported013.jpg

Imported054-1.jpg

UWS Cowboy

One of the Regulars
Gittes, that hat looks amazing. Anyway, here's a stetson (homburg?) I picked up tonight at a thrift store, in excellent condition. I need to steam the creases out of the ribbon sometime soon... Would this be from the 40s?
IMG_4084.jpg

IMG_4083.jpg

IMG_4085.jpg

IMG_4086.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
UWS try just wetting the ribbon and flattening it out with your fingers first. That has worked for me, it may or may not for you depending on how long they have been in but still worth an easy try.

J.J. Gittes

A-List Customer
UWS Cowboy said:
Gittes, that hat looks amazing. Anyway, here's a stetson (homburg?) I picked up tonight at a thrift store, in excellent condition. I need to steam the creases out of the ribbon sometime soon... Would this be from the 40s?
IMG_4084.jpg

IMG_4083.jpg

IMG_4085.jpg

IMG_4086.jpg
I know that my Mid 50's Stetson Back-bow has that same liner. So I'd put it around that are Iguess. I may be wrong. Thanks for the compliment too.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
UWS Cowboy, The unique thing about your Stetson "St.Regis," is the fantastic amount of roll your brim has. Far more than mine! I like it! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

P1060673.jpg

I think yours might be several years older than mine.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Cowboy, I agree with Indy; I'd use my fingers to apply water on the ribbon. It will be quite malleable and should allow you to re-form it. Only once, on a very old Wormser, did this result in the ribbon falling apart on me, and it was going to do that no matter due to dry rot. That's a great piece you picked up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass