Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

buler

I'll Lock Up
I'll be slowly posting some hats to various threads. Just had a little early xmas miracle. Found a stash of 80+ hats for sale. Met up with RLK and went thru every one of them. Came home with 17 great hats. Here are the first 10 after some initial cleaning. Nice color palette.

B

xmas_miracle_1.jpg

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I'll be slowly posting some hats to various threads. Just had a little early xmas miracle. Found a stash of 80+ hats for sale. Met up with RLK and went thru every one of them. Came home with 17 great hats. Here are the first 10 after some initial cleaning. Nice color palette.

B

View attachment 40258

holy ...!!!!

great haul my man

javadave61

Practically Family

B

View attachment 40258
I'm sorry. Did you just say 17 hats!? How sweet! Looking forward to seeing the gratuitous display.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Buler your find and support of RLK make me envious :)
I hope, as many loungers ask, to see the hats photographed one by one.
My preferred from your picture is the blue (dark red ribbon) and the brown.....

Cavanagh Panamagh

Out of season purchase but with flowers blooming and Buffalo forecast to reach 70 today, not out of mind... a newly acquired montecristi sold by Cavanagh. I was surprised to be joined by only three other bidders on this one, which sold at auction for $100. Era unknown to me but likely post-war to 1950. This is the highest quality straw hat I have handled that was branded to one of the major hat companies. The weave is very even and measures 32-35 crossings/inch horizontally. 2 3/4" brim, 1 1/8" ribbon with bow that is hooked into place like a puggaree. No price or tags other than the handwritten stickers shown below. In excellent condition with no evidence of having been sold to a consumer, it will need to be steamed, shaped and flanged to return it to original form after decades of storage.

cavapanama1.jpg

cavapanama2.jpg

cavapanama3.jpg

cavapanama4.jpg

cavapanama5.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff