Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
J.T.Marcus said:
Dip you finger in cold water, and dab it over the spot. When it dries, the ribbon should flatten out beautifully.

Wow, that really works well. Steam and a warm iron had little effect.
3368561695_e112a5d4d9.jpg

Gilgamark

A-List Customer
RBH said:
I like that one!!!
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Is it the cocoa color?

Yes, it's cocoa. They were out of pearl in everything, so I switched to cocoa. The band is an interesting greenish tan.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Two new hats came to our house today, but only one was for me. We each got milan straws from Miller hats.

Mine: a gray teardrop.

IMG_0904.jpg

Hers: a natural center dent. This is her first fedora. Now she says she's a member of the SHS.

IMG_0899.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

Gilgamark

A-List Customer
BobC said:
Two new hats came to our house today, but only one was for me. We each got milan straws from Miller hats.

IMG_0904.jpg

How 'bout that, Bob. My milan teardrop from Miller came today too (see above). I wanted pearl, but they were out. I debated between the gray and the cocoa. I went with the cocoa because the gray was a little darker shade than what I wanted. Looks good on you, though.

Both of you look great. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Gilgamark said:
How 'bout that, Bob. My milan teardrop from Miller came today too (see above). I wanted pearl, but they were out. I debated between the gray and the cocoa. I went with the cocoa because the gray was a little darker shade than what I wanted. Looks good on you, though.

Both of you look great. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

The cocoa looks good, G. I'm a sucker for a gray hat though. I also bought a silver gray pleated band for this hat, but I haven't had much of a chance to mess with it yet. I think it'll jazz up the darker hat a bit more than the black band.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
This nice specimen is courtesy of Garrett. It's a Resistol (A Byer- Rolnick Product), Kitten Finish, Beaver Twenty. 2 1/4" brim, 5 1/4" crown (open). I do believe it's what we all expect when somebody says "mint condition." Very impressive! :)

P1070293.jpg
P1070294.jpg

P1070291.jpg
P1070295.jpg

I just noticed something. I've turned into my GRANDFATHER!

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
Gilgamark said:
Got home from the office early and found a nice suprise on the doorstep: the Stetson Retro Panama I ordered from Delmonico Hatters last Friday.

DSC02796.jpg

It's presently 75 degrees in Nashville, so I wore it out on some quick errands. It's just about straw hat time in Tennessee.

To make the surprise even better, another box contained the Cole Haan oxfords I got on eBay for $18 (with shipping), but that's another thread.
Looking great, Gilgamark...it's getting close to that time in so. Cal., so I'll have to follow your lead and order a straw. Were you happy with the selection at Delmonico? I've only checked Miller Hats so far.

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
BobC said:

IMG_0904.jpg

Hers: a natural center dent. This is her first fedora. Now she says she's a member of the SHS.

IMG_0899.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg
Fantastic, Bob--you both look great in those lids!

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
Gilgamark said:
Two days, two hats. And should have my Fed IV by Saturday. That's a pretty good week.

Got home to find my milan straw from Miller Hats came in. Some other folks on FL recommended these. I like the look.

MillerTDMilan2.jpg

Question: how are these milan straw hats for durability? How many years can you get out of them?
Ok, I thought you had my attention with the Stetson Panama, but that Milan straw from Miller is fantastic. :eusa_clap And I like that cocoa color. Could you share which one you ordered--the name of the straw/maker--and the brim width? It looks a good bit wider than the Stetson.

Gilgamark

A-List Customer
jazzncocktails said:
Looking great, Gilgamark...it's getting close to that time in so. Cal., so I'll have to follow your lead and order a straw. Were you happy with the selection at Delmonico? I've only checked Miller Hats so far.

I was very pleased with the selection at Delmonico. They had everything from the low end price (like the Stetson Retro) to high end Borsalinos, etc.

Also, they had my order in the mail within 24 hours of its placement.

Overall, I was very pleased.

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
J.T.Marcus said:
This nice specimen is courtesy of Garrett. It's a Resistol (A Byer- Rolnick Product), Kitten Finish, Beaver Twenty. 2 1/4" brim, 5 1/4" crown (open). I do believe it's what we all expect when somebody says "mint condition." Very impressive! :)
That is one beautiful hat, J.T.--great color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran