Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

immortaldiamond

Familiar Face
billyspew said:
My new green stingy Knox.
It's a very deep rich green, most like the last picture.

3379501042_ae092f5f6a_m.jpg

3379503520_ac6232b29f_m.jpg

3379501916_eaf32d8f6d_m.jpg
Where did you get this one, billy - wonderful colour and shape!

Wandering Fool

New in Town
Purdy Hats and Cowardly Lions

Thanks Harp Player Gene and Even Steven. I look forward to learning some things about my favorite hats. I am currently looking for a 2 inch brim with a telescope crown in grey or black. I have a large, 7 5/8,head size. Thats my current wish list.
At home, I am still dial up, so that makes bidding on e-bay frustrating. One of these days hi-speed will make it to the woods.

Johnny.

New in Town
First post - hey all. Looks like a pretty awesome forum ;)

Anyhow, I just ordered a dark brown Fed IV - looking forward to this one! (Diehard Indy fan here people). Pricing was brilliant.

I picked up this little gem in a Queensland market for $100. It's a nice, Akubra Bogart hat, size 57, pure fur felt. Imperial Quality.

Apologies for my epic fail camera skills. Pics aren't of the best quality. The hat's actually dark black, by the way.

th_S6300011.jpg

th_S6300012.jpg

th_S6300016.jpg

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
Playboy

Playboy, retailed at C.V. Peters Co. in Glens Falls, NY for $10.00. Liner is missing, but unreeded sweat and price would put in the 40's.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I received my Royal Deluxe Vita-Felt thin ribbon today. Aside from 2 of the tiniest moth nips that no non-hat-wearing seller would ever have noticed, and a slightly dirty section of the lapel cord, the hat is fantastic. I think this one went unworn for all these years.

It's tagged 7 3/4, and Extra Long is stamped on the inside of the sweat, but it fits more like a 7 5/8, so I'll only need a little padding for a great fit.

The shots of the inside tags show the true dark gray color.

Here it is, right out of the shipping box.
DSC_0087.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0099.jpg

DSC_0101.jpg

DSC_0102.jpg

DSC_0103.jpg

DSC_0105.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Wow -- that is fantastic, Lefty. Very, very nice score! :eusa_clap

And, carouselvic -- that is one nice Playboy in a great color. :eusa_clap

Congrats, gents. :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Incidentally, Lefty -- the notion that the Vita-felt lids were meant to provide a domestic alternative to the European lightweights seems to be underscored by your lid's resemblance to a Borso Alessandria, don't you think? ;)

Beautiful lid.

Cheers,
JtL

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
The ad should read:

It looks Italian. Heck, it even feels Italian. It's everything you could want in a fine European hat, made right here in America, by Americans.

Stetson Vita-Felt. It's basically Italian, without the whole dictator thing.
Benito_Mussolini.jpg

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Been a while since I perused this particular thread... now there's way too many great hats to mention them all! :eusa_doh:

I do want to mention Scion's straw... that's a beauty! Looks like it has a rather sharp crease on the front, though. You may want to watch that it doesn't break there, Scion!

Carouselvic's Playboy is very nice, and Lefty's Vita-Felt is amazing! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

And now, here's one I received a while back. The only marking in it is on the sweatband, a shield with the letters MB next to script reading "The President."

Here's the eBay photo:

ThePresident.jpg

Unfortunately, my wife picked up a few boxes from the post office for me. She stopped in front of our house and placed them on the porch before driving around to put her car into the garage. She entered the house through the garage and forgot to go get the boxes. Two of the boxes were large as they contained hat boxes. The third was apparently just the right size for two Australian Cattle Dog / Australian Shepherd mixes to play with. This is what I came home to: :eek:

ThePresidentAfterDelivery3.jpg

ThePresidentAfterDelivery2.jpg

ThePresidentAfterDelivery1.jpg

ThePresidentAfterDelivery.jpg

The wire is from the sweatband.

It was the perfect ending to a very long day, which had me working on networking issues at one of our campuses from 8 AM until after 10PM. It was Friday the 13th. :eusa_doh: Bummer.

GWD

One Too Many
carouselvic said:
Playboy, retailed at C.V. Peters Co. in Glens Falls, NY for $10.00. Liner is missing, but unreeded sweat and price would put in the 40's.

This probably didn't have a liner. Great looking Lid!

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Tango Yankee said:

Unfortunately, my wife picked up a few boxes from the post office for me. She stopped in front of our house and placed them on the porch before driving around to put her car into the garage. She entered the house through the garage and forgot to go get the boxes. Two of the boxes were large as they contained hat boxes. The third was apparently just the right size for two Australian Cattle Dog / Australian Shepherd mixes to play with.
:eusa_doh:
Did you bury the dogs and wife in the same shallow grave out in the woods, or separately? ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy