Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Tango Yankee said:
The only marking in it is on the sweatband, a shield with the letters MB next to script reading "The President."

Here's the eBay photo:

ThePresident.jpg

ThePresidentAfterDelivery.jpg

...It was Friday the 13th. :eusa_doh: Bummer.

Wear it anyway. If anybody says anything, just reply, "A moth bite, or two, just adds character to a good hat." :eek:

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
That's a shame, but if you're looking for a silver lining - I guess you know which hat to call your beater.

buler

I'll Lock Up
Knox Superfine 7 3/8

Found a beautiful brown Knox Superfine homburg this weekend. For someone with a big noggin, 7 3/8. It was in such great shape I couldn't pass it up. Just not sure where I'll find someone interested in hats....

B

3380586404_f6903ab53e_o.jpg

3380586582_08a7f9c8ba_o.jpg

3380586698_e2872bee34_o.jpg

3380586958_279ae493eb_o.jpg

3379770199_d1d117f128_o.jpg

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Tango Yankee said:
Been a while since I perused this particular thread... now there's way too many great hats to mention them all! :eusa_doh:

I do want to mention Scion's straw... that's a beauty! Looks like it has a rather sharp crease on the front, though. You may want to watch that it doesn't break there, Scion!

Carouselvic's Playboy is very nice, and Lefty's Vita-Felt is amazing! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

And now, here's one I received a while back. The only marking in it is on the sweatband, a shield with the letters MB next to script reading "The President."

Here's the eBay photo:

ThePresident.jpg

Unfortunately, my wife picked up a few boxes from the post office for me. She stopped in front of our house and placed them on the porch before driving around to put her car into the garage. She entered the house through the garage and forgot to go get the boxes. Two of the boxes were large as they contained hat boxes. The third was apparently just the right size for two Australian Cattle Dog / Australian Shepherd mixes to play with. This is what I came home to: :eek:

The wire is from the sweatband.

It was the perfect ending to a very long day, which had me working on networking issues at one of our campuses from 8 AM until after 10PM. It was Friday the 13th. :eusa_doh: Bummer.
I am SO very sorry! I was one of the other bidders on that lid and, firstly, I am happy it went to a fellow Lounger, but, secondly, well, the photos speak for themselves.

kiltie

Practically Family
Mail Man Came a Minute Ago...

...and this is what he left:
Stetson Royal Deluxe St. Regis

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/safdkiltie/IMG_0090.jpg
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/safdkiltie/IMG_0092.jpg
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/safdkiltie/IMG_0091-1.jpg
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/safdkiltie/IMG_0093.jpg

It came along with these gloves which, amazingly enough, fit very well:

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/safdkiltie/IMG_0094-1.jpg

It's probably been in storage for some time, but even so, the sweatband is incredibly comfortable. Really soft and conforming.The ribbon is really tight and bow put together well. The wind string was misapplied by the previous owner, and I had to dig it out from under the bow, which was a bit tricky. The hat's gonna need some Scout later today ( looks good, but not perfect ), and I'm gonna have to figure out to do about a bit of general funkiness around the binding ( any suggestions? ).
This one came up on Ebay about a month ago for a mere $18, but I plum let it slip by, forgetting all about it. This was the second time it was listed, and I ended up having to pay twice as much. What a tragedy, huh? Now all I gotta do is come up with a reason to spiff up by the time the sun goes down ( or is that reason enough? ).
Arright - I'm off to find the...
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/safdkiltie/untitled-5.jpg

Meant to add: I found a hand written price tag of $12.95 under the sweat - anyone care to try to put a date on this hat?

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Mike in Seattle said:
:eusa_doh:
Did you bury the dogs and wife in the same shallow grave out in the woods, or separately? ;)

lol lol Considered both options, but was too tired when I got home at midnight and I didn't want to wake up my wife just to kill her. :p I just chalked it up to being the capper on a crappy day.

J.T.Marcus said:
Wear it anyway. If anybody says anything, just reply, "A moth bite, or two, just adds character to a good hat." :eek:

Now that's a great idea! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap At the very least I'll take a photo of myself wearing it. :D

Michaelshane said:
So what kind of hats were they?

No idea who made it. I'll see about getting a shot of the marking on the sweatband in the small chance someone might recognize it.

Mr. Lucky said:
I am SO very sorry! I was one of the other bidders on that lid and, firstly, I am happy it went to a fellow Lounger, but, secondly, well, the photos speak for themselves.

Maybe it was God's way of telling me I didn't need another hat. If so, I didn't listen, chosing instead to interpret it to mean I didn't need that particular hat... :p

Cheers,
Tom

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Fuzzy Alexander

3385161501_cedf033838.jpg

Just pulled it out of the box and attempted to put some shape into it. Needs a little sizing and airing to remove slight smoky odor. Lining attached by a stitch or two only. Tall crown Coronet by G.W.Alexander of Reading,PA.

Gilgamark

A-List Customer
Fed IV Deluxe

My moonstone Fed IV Deluxe arrived today. I ran home to get the box out of the rain . . . only immediately douse the hat with distilled water.

As soon as it dries, I'll post some pics. I gave it a cross between the Stylemaster and the Maltese Falcon bash on the non-Indy thread, but it still has an Indy feel to me, which is fine.

This is my first bash. I was really surprised how easy it was to work with the felt. Wet, it was like putty.

Again, pics coming.

Gilgamark

A-List Customer
Moonstone Fed IV Deluxe

Here's my just dried Moonstone Fed IV Deluxe. I went with a combination of kaosharper's modified Maltese Falcon bash with the height of the store-bought bash on the Akubra Stylemaster. The front is 4"; the back is 3 1/2". I put a tugboat effect on the sides; they rise to 4 1/2" at the back of the dents.

I went with the understated dents and tight pinch of the Maltese Falcon, which I like. Thoughts on making the dents deeper? I think I'm going to snap the back of the brim up a little more. Thoughts?

Overall, I'm please with this for my first bash. I was really surprised how easy it was to work the felt when wet.

I apologize for the poor quality of these photos. The batteries were dying in my camera. In fact, they are now dead. :rage:

DSC02812.jpg

IMG_6167.jpg

DSC02814.jpg

IMG_6168.jpg

Golden Earache

One of the Regulars
rlk said:
3385161501_cedf033838.jpg

Just pulled it out of the box and attempted to put some shape into it. Needs a little sizing and airing to remove slight smoky odor. Lining attached by a stitch or two only. Tall crown Coronet by G.W.Alexander of Reading,PA.

Of all your hats, I like this one on you best. Alexanders are excellent.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
rlk, you do one heckuva job wearing that fuzzy. I don't think it would work on just anyone.

Gilgamark, OK, OK, now I'm starting to get it with regard to those Feds. This is, to my eye, the best shaped one I've seen. Really looks classic. :eusa_clap

carter

I'll Lock Up
Man oh Man. Lefty, That Vita-felt is one beautiful lid. If you ever get tired of swimming in there....[huh]

rlk, That fuzzy Coronet works for you!

Gilgamark, Nice work on your Fed IV Deluxe. I like that crease.

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Gilgamark said:
Here's my just dried Moonstone Fed IV Deluxe. I went with a combination of kaosharper's modified Maltese Falcon bash with the height of the store-bought bash on the Akubra Stylemaster. The front is 4"; the back is 3 1/2". I put a tugboat effect on the sides; they rise to 4 1/2" at the back of the dents.

I went with the understated dents and tight pinch of the Maltese Falcon, which I like. Thoughts on making the dents deeper? I think I'm going to snap the back of the brim up a little more. Thoughts?

Overall, I'm please with this for my first bash. I was really surprised how easy it was to work the felt when wet.

I apologize for the poor quality of these photos. The batteries were dying in my camera. In fact, they are now dead. :rage:

Looks great! You should put these in the non-Indy Federation thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy