Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Out and about with a Fred Bare hat I bought in Paris in the 80's, it's black sisol with a ball fringe edge.
f42e1538c7ecd316c4008c724e5ae5e1.jpg

Elevator mirror shot.
943a4d59d5cf02cfd314d77ddc324ccb.jpg

Glad to see everyone is looking as smart as ever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What a beautiful hat! The details make me smile!

Sometimes Ebay pays off, sometimes not so much. This Cavanagh straw looked ok in the BIN listing. It is not a total loss, it just will need some TLC. A good cleaning an reblocking will bring this one back to life. Nice tight weave, stingy 1960s brim and it is a Cavanagh. All is not lost, it does not look as good in had as in these images.
1Jun17 Cavanagh Optimo side.jpg
1Jun17 Cavanagh Optimo crown.jpg
Cav Straw Price tag.jpg
Cav Straw Sweat logo.jpg

Kuki

One of the Regulars
...and you are as well! :)
Thank you Bob! I seem to have posted it in the wrong thread though!

What a beautiful hat! The details make me smile!
Thanks Red! It's a fun hat, with a unfinished look that seems to me is more difficult to achieve than it looks. Your Cavanagh is quite a find, some TLC and you will be looking very dashing with it!

Kuki

One of the Regulars
IMG_1243.JPG
IMG_1244.JPG
IMG_1237.JPG

A recent commission to go with a long black knit dress with thin blue lines. Hand dyed pinokpok (a finer type of sinamay) blocked over hand carved cork blocks mounted on double headband. Very hard work but I'm really pleased (as was the customer) with the result. Hope you like it!

View attachment 75916 View attachment 75917 View attachment 75918
A recent commission to go with a long black knit dress with thin blue lines. Hand dyed pinokpok (a finer type of sinamay) blocked over hand carved cork blocks mounted on double headband. Very hard work but I'm really pleased (as was the customer) with the result. Hope you like it!
So stylish and avant garde! I'm sure this creation will make a stunning statement! You are an artiste!

Sometimes Ebay pays off, sometimes not so much. This Cavanagh straw looked ok in the BIN listing. It is not a total loss, it just will need some TLC. A good cleaning an reblocking will bring this one back to life. Nice tight weave, stingy 1960s brim and it is a Cavanagh. All is not lost, it does not look as good in had as in these images.
View attachment 75911 View attachment 75912 View attachment 75913 View attachment 75914

I think it's a winner as is, Red. Don't get too fussy with it!

DocCasualty

One of the Regulars

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart