Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Just completed my new hat...

DSC_0692_zpsjkajcvhc.jpg

That looks great!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Just completed my new hat...well nearly completed. Missing the liner but the weather in my area changed and is hot now so I am holding off on the liner until the fall. Decided to put my camera to use and try to learn how to shoot with it. All photos taken in doors, at midnight, all interior lights off expect for a positionable table lamp.

Specs:
Block Style: #221
Crown Height: 6 inch
Rake: Front 4 6/8 to Back 4 3/8
Brim: 2 3/4 inch
Brim Edge: Raw
Brim Embellishment: Triple stitched contrasting thread with the felt but matching ribbon
Ribbon: 1 1/2 inch
Ribbon Color: Golden Brown
Ribbon Age: 1930s vintage stock
Ribbon Finish: Frayed edges
Felt: Winchester 2nd (Has coloration problems); Western Weight
Felt Color: Dark Brown
Quality: Blend

I didn't photogram the coloration problems but they kept me from pouncing as thin as I would have liked to. Again this is a western weight felt. I am just about through all my Winchester 2nds, from now on will only order their firsts.

Tripe stitching edge treatment. Three individual passes on the sewing machine. Used precision ruler and magnetic guide to maintain the distance between each row of stitches.
DSC_0704_zpsi5mbqxey.jpg

No liner at this time. Too hot to install one, will put one in during the fall.
DSC_0712_zpssljel04y.jpg

awesome!!!

beautiful work and color choices

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
Very nice work. Great stitching on the brim.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Thank you Harv! I appreciate that.

Very impressive!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thank you dh66!

That looks great!

Thank you Bob!

awesome!!!

beautiful work and color choices

Thank you Moon!

I very much appreciate the likes and the comments. I am a hobbyist hatter, just trying to find time to make hats between work and 3 kids :)

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Just completed my new hat...well nearly completed. Missing the liner but the weather in my area changed and is hot now so I am holding off on the liner until the fall. Decided to put my camera to use and try to learn how to shoot with it. All photos taken in doors, at midnight, all interior lights off expect for a positionable table lamp.

Specs:
Brim Embellishment: Triple stitched contrasting thread with the felt but matching ribbon

I didn't photogram the coloration problems but they kept me from pouncing as thin as I would have liked to. Again this is a western weight felt. I am just about through all my Winchester 2nds, from now on will only order their firsts.

DSC_0692_zpsjkajcvhc.jpg

DSC_0694_zpsqz7snc5t.jpg

The brim flange is modeled after the Connecticut State Police. The sides have more flange than the front and back. Brim is also stiff.
DSC_0707_zpsaaajuhmh.jpg

DSC_0708_zpsdytkuiqk.jpg

Frayed bow work
DSC_0697_zpsdr6le73s.jpg

DSC_0702_zpshgoqaabn.jpg

Tripe stitching edge treatment. Three individual passes on the sewing machine. Used precision ruler and magnetic guide to maintain the distance between each row of stitches.
DSC_0704_zpsi5mbqxey.jpg

DSC_0712_zpssljel04y.jpg

O Boy Kevin ! Man you've been learning the tricks ! Congratulations FANTASTIC Hat !!! Nice Colors too !

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up

Specs:

DSC_0692_zpsjkajcvhc.jpg

DSC_0694_zpsqz7snc5t.jpg

The brim flange is modeled after the Connecticut State Police. The sides have more flange than the front and back. Brim is also stiff.
DSC_0707_zpsaaajuhmh.jpg

DSC_0708_zpsdytkuiqk.jpg

Frayed bow work
DSC_0697_zpsdr6le73s.jpg

DSC_0702_zpshgoqaabn.jpg

DSC_0704_zpsi5mbqxey.jpg

DSC_0712_zpssljel04y.jpg
Impressive, esp the brim stitching.

Specs:

DSC_0692_zpsjkajcvhc.jpg

DSC_0694_zpsqz7snc5t.jpg

DSC_0707_zpsaaajuhmh.jpg

DSC_0708_zpsdytkuiqk.jpg

Frayed bow work
DSC_0697_zpsdr6le73s.jpg

DSC_0702_zpshgoqaabn.jpg

DSC_0704_zpsi5mbqxey.jpg

DSC_0712_zpssljel04y.jpg
Very, very nice Vito! Love the dimensions of this one. That brim is a show stopper. Impressive.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up

Specs:

DSC_0692_zpsjkajcvhc.jpg

DSC_0694_zpsqz7snc5t.jpg

DSC_0707_zpsaaajuhmh.jpg

DSC_0708_zpsdytkuiqk.jpg

Frayed bow work
DSC_0697_zpsdr6le73s.jpg

DSC_0702_zpshgoqaabn.jpg

DSC_0704_zpsi5mbqxey.jpg

DSC_0712_zpssljel04y.jpg
Looks great! Dig the stitching and bow work.

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
O Boy Kevin ! Man you've been learning the tricks ! Congratulations FANTASTIC Hat !!! Nice Colors too !

Thanks Michael, I appreciate your opinion.

Impressive, esp the brim stitching.

Very much appreciated Bob! Worked very hard on that brim stitching.

Very, very nice Vito! Love the dimensions of this one. That brim is a show stopper. Impressive.

Redfokker thank you! After I completed this hat the thread color reminded me of Beaver Orange. I am a fellow Pac-12er (Washington).

Looks great! Dig the stitching and bow work.

Moe, very much appreciated.

Specs:

DSC_0692_zpsjkajcvhc.jpg

DSC_0694_zpsqz7snc5t.jpg

DSC_0707_zpsaaajuhmh.jpg

DSC_0708_zpsdytkuiqk.jpg

Frayed bow work
DSC_0697_zpsdr6le73s.jpg

DSC_0702_zpshgoqaabn.jpg

DSC_0704_zpsi5mbqxey.jpg

DSC_0712_zpssljel04y.jpg
That's amazing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen