Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Good looking Homburg, there, Alan.

I can't think of an "H. D." hat company right offhand, but a "D. H." comes to mind. It could be the Danbury Hat Company. I'll have to do some digging to see if I can find their logo.

Brad

Beowulf67

One of the Regulars
My first picture post-be gentle

Here's some pictures of my "new" Stetson that I got on Ebay. I don't know much about it, so if anyone has ideas about it's age, feel free to chime in.
I had just unpacked it in the first few pictures, but after a quick brushing it looked pretty good.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The images were accessible this time.

That Akubra looks great on you Bob. ;) It also looks like the fit is fine.

Here are the pics:

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thank you, Stoney for taking another look and for pulling the pics over here from photobucket for me. I had in mind doing that but wasn't savvy enough to get the job done. I think I see the way now.

Also thanks to Stoney, IC and Mississippi for your comments.

I will take another picture or two of the hat and brim for you and try again to pull them over from photobucket.

I'm also looking at another Akubra, a Banjo Patterson, to order soon. If anyone has any experience with this one, I'd appreciate your impressions.
There is also a very strong possibility of an Art Fawcett to be added to my stash of lids, say next fall or so in time for winter. Man, are his hats cool or what?

Thanks,
Bob

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Beowulf67, You've got a great look going, there. We've done threads on how to mix black and brown. You, sir, know how to do it well!

BobC, Not only a great looking hat, but you've coordinated it all beautifully. Shirt, tie, hat, they all go together perfectly! I'd like to see the suit or sportcoat you would wear with those items.

For both of you :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

BobC

Here we go, MSL. Hopefully these will show you what you want to see.

The hat is an Akubra Stylemaster in moonstone gray that I ordered with a black band. It was inspired by another AS I saw here on the lounge owned by Benny Holiday whose hat is mid gray with a black band. There are also pictures of a number of others posted here and there.

I ordered the hat from Sam and Everything Australian who had the best price I saw and whose service was very commendable.

Hope this helps.

Bob C

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

MississippiLong

One of the Regulars
BobC said:
I will take another picture or two of the hat and brim for you and try again to pull them over from photobucket.

GREAT LOOKING HAT! the brim work is excellent. The image didn't show up but the link sent me the photo album. Looking slick, Bob!

next time try right clicking on the picture you want to post and go to "Properties" Copy the URL and use that for the "Add Image" in the post.

thanks for the pics! Great looking lid, my friend.

BobC

There you go, MSL. The pics are here now. I gave up the Microsoft/Bill Gates way of life six or seven months ago and was led astray by Steve Jobs....there is no such thing as a right click on a mac, so you have to figure out the mac way of doing things. Usually when I finally get it I give myself a dork stamp for my efforts to make the easiest thing hard to do. But that's a different string.

I really appreciate everyone's input and your kind comments.

JT, now that I know how to get pictures up, I'll show you a jacket I have for this shirt and tie with gray or black pants in a few days when I get the shirt back from the laundry.

Thanks again, everyone. This is a fun forum and I enjoy seeing all the hats. My wife has started to roll her eyes every time I tell her I've found another hat I like, just like she does when she goes to Circuit City or Best Buy with me.

Stoney

Practically Family
BobC said:
. My wife has started to roll her eyes every time I tell her I've found another hat I like, just like she does when she goes to Circuit City or Best Buy with me.

Get used to it Bob.. ;)

Great look Beowulf.

And Alan,

That is a stellar lid. I'm curious to see what Brad digs up as well.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Stoney said:
That is a stellar lid. I'm curious to see what Brad digs up as well.

So far I've struck out. I've looked through all my files and books, searched for a trademark registration, and Google. Nothing has given me a hint of their logo. I do have a contact that used to work in their factory, but it may be a while before I talk to him again. I'll keep looking.

Brad

Beowulf67

One of the Regulars
J.T. and Stoney,
Thanks for the compliments. I'm hoping to be able to look stylish, and most of the gentlemen on here make it look so easy.:)

I've been going through alot of the threads getting ideas. But for some reason I keep going back to Ladies of the Lounge and getting stuck on that thread.

Stoney

Practically Family
bolthead said:
My 1st actually......nice clean lid.

Resistol2.jpg
Resistol1.jpg

Resistol3.jpg
Resistol5.jpg
Resistol4.jpg

Bolthead,

1st class lid my man. Some may not appreciate the era as much as The Golden Age but the history of the 60s brought us much more than the Vietnam conflict. I think of the 60s as the real beginnings of equal rights for all in our United States as well as the first real age of air travel for the common folk. I'll argue that the benefits in the average standard of living and technology growth via the Space Program make the 60s another American Golden Age and this lid represents that age quite well.

Congrats on a super duper stingy and wear it in good health.
;)

bolthead

Thanks Stoney....

Stoney said:
Bolthead,

1st class lid my man. Some may not appreciate the era as much as The Golden Age but the history of the 60s brought us much more than the Vietnam conflict. I think of the 60s as the real beginnings of equal rights for all in our United States as well as the first real age of air travel for the common folk. I'll argue that the benefits in the average standard of living and technology growth via the Space Program make the 60s another American Golden Age and this lid represents that age quite well.

Congrats on a super duper stingy and wear it in good health.
;)
I couldn't agree with you more. I don't know your age, but me personally....I can cope w/ what you're saying. This hat caught my eye immediately, I loved the color and thought the "Jet" was way cool as well. It's already one of my favorite Stingies. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points