Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
My new Optimo Frank Lloyd Wright model in Bison felt arrived today. Nice felt, but I can't really say I like the way it looks on me. Maybe it will grow on me.
4a2dc8cbef2019290569d4e110d30b4a.jpg
e51aa07a6624ebcfbefb9adda730e92a.jpg
651b817d6f14a49045de3bc4afefc40b.jpg
678978775e020eb8ede4a3975d9aa63d.jpg
37bd2a43b316e950e39ca6cc5456a7b6.jpg
544c819de87ee4bcbae275844c70c1cb.jpg
370d5d64c1f2fb04434a08b3a7ef2cc4.jpg
ed4bfaa164f7ab04444ea9dc8e37d6f7.jpg
0edd16159a02812c3c5acc6e2812482c.jpg
9b2d43d276674f773eb4c2f40580cb01.jpg
cb62469fca2512281c3ced41f059be69.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

It’s good to have some diversity of styles as well as colors. I have a few westerns (and I dig your El Presidente), Homburgs (I know you do too), gambler, Outback, etc. to keep things fresh and interesting. I think your new Optimo is a good addition to your collection. There’s nothing wrong with knowing exactly what you like and getting it, but sometimes I feel like a broken record when commissioning hats and providing specs. Of course, you have to be comfortable in the hat too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
It’s good to have some diversity of styles as well as colors. I have a few westerns (and I dig your El Presidente), Homburgs (I know you do too), gambler, Outback, etc. to keep things fresh and interesting. I think your new Optimo is a good addition to your collection. There’s nothing wrong with knowing exactly what you like and getting it, but sometimes I feel like a broken record when commissioning hats and providing specs. Of course, you have to be comfortable in the hat too.

My wife agrees with you, Brent. It was she who suggested I order a different shape. I love that woman. She stopped sighing in dissaproval every time a new hat arrives! Maybe she figures it is better I collect hats than other "activities", like the husbands of some of her friends who have had to divorce.

My new Optimo Frank Lloyd Wright model in Bison felt arrived today. Nice felt, but I can't really say I like the way it looks on me. Maybe it will grow on me...
I agree with the "give it time" crowd. The style is different from the fedoras you're used to wearing (and I don't think it looks bad on you at all), it looks like a damn fine hat, and I assume it's paid for, so live with it for a while and enjoy it.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
I agree with the "give it time" crowd. The style is different from the fedoras you're used to wearing (and I don't think it looks bad on you at all), it looks like a damn fine hat, and I assume it's paid for, so live with it for a while and enjoy it.
Hahaha. I keep looking in the mirror, and it's starting to look normal.

+1

211r3k.jpg

It took me sometimes to finally have this Flechet ready.
2mebs0j.jpg

This came, old-new stock from the Strasbourg "A. Meer" hats shop field. The felt is heather astounding color, between various greys and black
29q0bki.jpg

I almost forget it, because it was sized as 60 cm. but it was really wide and remained some years sit back in the closet
thinking I have to find the right hatter to dimension it for my head.
sdjtag.jpg

Fleur of Penumbra hats in Netherland made an excellent job and now the hat fits well with a slightly new shape
iymn1s.jpg

Flechet in dark heather grey. Unlined and with a overseams brim at 5.5cm and crown at 11.5cm at the pinch, ribbon is 3.5 cm. with a lovely bow.
w1pw92.jpg

Lovely medium weight felt hat ready for the autumn
Such a wonderful finish on this one Daniele. The sunlight is a friend to this hat.

My new Optimo Frank Lloyd Wright model in Bison felt arrived today. Nice felt, but I can't really say I like the way it looks on me. Maybe it will grow on me.

It is quite different from your current parade. But I like that, this one makes a new statement in your hat journey. Cool Beans.

Amazingly enough, the Biltmore is a stiffy! Well sort of anyway. It is not a homburg, the sides of the crown do not accept any crease up top. It is not a stiff felt, kind of semi-stiff I guess (insert joke here...) There is quite a bit of taper to the profile, but I can live with it. I think it will be a keeper, using it for costumes at our historical society more than serious wear I think. Needs more curl to the brim, but I'll see what can be done later. Nice felt, great construction. High quality hat.

1Aug18 Biltmore Derby sunshine front 400x.jpg
1Aug18 Biltmore Derby sunshine profile 400x.jpg
1Aug18 Biltmore Derby indoor front 400x.jpg

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Amazingly enough, the Biltmore is a stiffy! Well sort of anyway. It is not a homburg, the sides of the crown do not accept any crease up top. It is not a stiff felt, kind of semi-stiff I guess (insert joke here...) There is quite a bit of taper to the profile, but I can live with it. I think it will be a keeper, using it for costumes at our historical society more than serious wear I think. Needs more curl to the brim, but I'll see what can be done later. Nice felt, great construction. High quality hat.

View attachment 129333 View attachment 129334 View attachment 129335
LOL

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
This hat was a bet, even better a difficult project carried out despite the hat was not my size.
Thank especially to Fleur owner of the Penumbra hat who patiently saved this gem with avery professional work
102joqo.jpg

The hat arrived in Italy in quite disastrous conditions, especially the lining was stained black for too much exposure of the hat to the water. The sweatband was dry, while the beautiful velour felt needed to be put back on its feet
73j8y1.jpg

Here is the result: a perfect lining, with a nourished sweatband and the velour is majesty
npjbio.jpg

The hat only show an indication BHV on the lining and no paper label is under the sweatband
jhej5l.jpg

The shiny black velvet felt is solid and full-bodied with exceptional quality. The hat could have been built in the 1920s for its dimensions which are: raw brim at 6 cm. crown at 12 cm. and 5 cm is the ribbon.
111l2pt.jpg

Its size is 56 cm. for my total misfortune and for the luck of someone who, having this size, will want to buy it.

This hat was a bet, even better a difficult project carried out despite the hat was not my size.
Thank especially to Fleur owner of the Penumbra hat who patiently saved this gem with avery professional work
102joqo.jpg

The hat arrived in Italy in quite disastrous conditions, especially the lining was stained black for too much exposure of the hat to the water. The sweatband was dry, while the beautiful velour felt needed to be put back on its feet
73j8y1.jpg

Here is the result: a perfect lining, with a nourished sweatband and the velour is majesty
npjbio.jpg

The hat only show an indication BHV on the lining and no paper label is under the sweatband
jhej5l.jpg

The shiny black velvet felt is solid and full-bodied with exceptional quality. The hat could have been built in the 1920s for its dimensions which are: raw brim at 6 cm. crown at 12 cm. and 5 cm is the ribbon.
111l2pt.jpg

Its size is 56 cm. for my total misfortune and for the luck of someone who, having this size, will want to buy it.
Daniele, Happy to see such a beauty. It really shines!

102joqo.jpg

73j8y1.jpg

npjbio.jpg

jhej5l.jpg

111l2pt.jpg

Wow. Sorry it is too small for you.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
102joqo.jpg

73j8y1.jpg

npjbio.jpg

jhej5l.jpg

111l2pt.jpg

Qué hermoso sombrero, Daniele.
You are so lucky to be an Italian, and live right at the source. If it were my size, I would buy instantly I saw your post.

102joqo.jpg

73j8y1.jpg

npjbio.jpg

jhej5l.jpg

111l2pt.jpg

A new "Best in Class" hat, Daniele!! Thank you for rescuing and showing us this beautiful specimen.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Daniele, Happy to see such a beauty. It really shines!
Thanks Steven! This is one against your marvellous squad of velour

Wow. Sorry it is too small for you.
Thanks Alan. You are lucky because it is your size....more or less!

Qué hermoso sombrero, Daniele.
You are so lucky to be an Italian, and live right at the source. If it were my size, I would buy instantly I saw your post.
Thanks Max. I live in the source hoping that the Borsalino affair is over in the best way, we'll see in the coming months. Ermenegildo Zegna, one of the great interpreters of the woolen yarn, makes the Cappellifico Cervo - Barbisio rise again and the others, the Tuscans and the Marches, continue to work producing hats

A new "Best in Class" hat, Daniele!! Thank you for rescuing and showing us this beautiful specimen.
Thanks Carlo I try to do my best even if this hat is destined to leave

Max this looks so fine from all angles, you need to keep it. Try bringing the front of the brim down just a bit. Whichever way you find you're most comfortable, this is a nice lid. A great option for special events, or even for daily wear. Give it time and opportunity.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Max this looks so fine from all angles, you need to keep it. Try bringing the front of the brim down just a bit. Whichever way you find you're most comfortable, this is a nice lid. A great option for special events, or even for daily wear. Give it time and opportunity.
Yes, I've gotten used to it a little. It is a nice hat, after all.

211r3k.jpg

It took me sometimes to finally have this Flechet ready.
2mebs0j.jpg

This came, old-new stock from the Strasbourg "A. Meer" hats shop field. The felt is heather astounding color, between various greys and black
29q0bki.jpg

I almost forget it, because it was sized as 60 cm. but it was really wide and remained some years sit back in the closet
thinking I have to find the right hatter to dimension it for my head.
sdjtag.jpg

Fleur of Penumbra hats in Netherland made an excellent job and now the hat fits well with a slightly new shape
iymn1s.jpg

Flechet in dark heather grey. Unlined and with a overseams brim at 5.5cm and crown at 11.5cm at the pinch, ribbon is 3.5 cm. with a lovely bow.
w1pw92.jpg

Lovely medium weight felt hat ready for the autumn
Wonderful hat, Daniele. Great heather felt. Great job by Penumbra again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points