Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
1920s/30s Lamson & Hubbard Hat Co
f5e64753b1c56356746396ab20c44a40.jpg
8403e9f5a0b706f3650186a15d60bb0d.jpg
81ccc340c77687c0f4e5a819a53093c6.jpg
19a14b564e998654d7bedc2b4e2083d1.jpg
33c3630b77d1e3480ad8f2233f21c6d8.jpg
03927b37ed0c107a7193f8d0558dacc4.jpg
3cd35f2efa22ad21f8a8f46050457c70.jpg
774cbbc863cc4acf775bbaa1dbb52bf9.jpg
e7d6667064e6ea84edbe08882c665bf1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
That's another great find, Justin. Wonderful hat.

Well my dear loungers, I would like it to be my size. This together with the other Sools arrived today is one of my oldest finds since the passion for hats devours me. A pair of Borsalino are in Netherlands and another pair of antique hats are in America.
Unfortunately, nobody remained in my hands. because of the big size of my head. Honestly, I tell you that when I'm going to make a hat this will be his form
wufec8.jpg

Sools was a famous hat sellers in Paris. Many important brands produced for this high end house
9ld5iq.jpg

This Sools is made of a lightly hairy beige felt. In these picture the beige has the best rendition
1zv6gzd.jpg

As for the other, the width of the sweatband, the lack of lining and the only tip glued to the top of the crown, make me think it may be the same age, perhaps the years 20. I have others French old hats and they have the same features
2nb8r53.jpg

The finish is masterful. The seam of the brim is unique in its kind and fantastic shape.
These the dimensions: the brim is 6 cm. over sewn with three seams, the crown at the lowest point is 12 cm. and the contrasting ribbon in black is 5 cm.
344v8go.jpg

There are no signs of moths, but I think it is appropriate to wash it well and recondition the sweatband
mhaslx.jpg

Its size is a large 56. The paper label is only hand-written with a fountain pen
2u478mh.jpg

It's like being in a restaurant ready to eat one of the favorite dishes, but suddenly the cook runs away from the kitchen.
It is destined to leave me :(, we will see where it will go
It's a thing of beauty and it's my size too. Now I only have to find a way to add it to the collection without being shot by my wife, because I swore not to collect more hats:D

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
It's a thing of beauty and it's my size too. Now I only have to find a way to add it to the collection without being shot by my wife, because I swore not to collect more hats:D
Stefan, when I saw Daniele's hat post, I wanted it. When I saw the size, I thought of you. It couldn't come to a better home. I'm sure your wife will understand [emoji4]

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Darned inflation.

Very nice! Love that ribbon treatment! Lots and lots of cool details on this one Bob. And that model name...priceless!

What a nice find! Very good looking felt, and the ribbon is really cool.

Bob, that's a fantastic hat. Serious felt! Drool factor of 10.99999!

Great hat. I’m liking pugs and other ribbon treatments on felt hats more and more.

Superb, Bob. That ribbon treatment is just awesome!

Thanks fellas! (and everyone for the likes)

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
I always have a bit of emotion when I open the packages and I surely know I will find really ancient hats.
Yesterday, it was the same emotion, when the two Sools arrived from France
10yoz2s.jpg

The second, Sools in grey, is a hat that, as it was built, the lack of the lining and the width of the sweatband and the thin felt, given as a finding of the 30s.
nflkwx.jpg

The hat is in good condition, except for the traces of moths that I have highlighted
rs7dlj.jpg

The felt is very malleable and I am sure it was brought with the flat brims
fwioah.jpg

After a good cleaning and a few minutes of steam this is the hat.
The following picture show the color better
35akp03.jpg

The measures are as follows: raw brim to 6.5 cm., crown to 10.5 cm. and the ribbon is 3 cm.
Felt ia a pale grey with black contrasting ribbon
2vimrua.jpg

The hat is very light weigths about 96 grams. The size is 56
dn0dwh.jpg

It needs a good cleaning
Thanks for your appreciations and likes on the Sools beige
Buona giornata a tutti

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
I always have a bit of emotion when I open the packages and I surely know I will find really ancient hats.
Yesterday, it was the same emotion, when the two Sools arrived from France
10yoz2s.jpg

The second, Sools in grey, is a hat that, as it was built, the lack of the lining and the width of the sweatband and the thin felt, given as a finding of the 30s.
nflkwx.jpg

The hat is in good condition, except for the traces of moths that I have highlighted
rs7dlj.jpg

The felt is very malleable and I am sure it was brought with the flat brims
fwioah.jpg

After a good cleaning and a few minutes of steam this is the hat.
The following picture show the color better
35akp03.jpg

The measures are as follows: raw brim to 6.5 cm., crown to 10.5 cm. and the ribbon is 3 cm.
Felt ia a pale grey with black contrasting ribbon
2vimrua.jpg

The hat is very light weigths about 96 grams. The size is 56
dn0dwh.jpg

It needs a good cleaning
Thanks for your appreciations and likes on the Sools beige
Buona giornata a tutti
beautiful. absolutley beautiful

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members