Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
For my sake, I hope you're lying about that price!

Well ... $15 isn't exactly right. That was for four hats. I told them not to bother shipping the other three.

7XCB_Lot.jpg

Invoice.png

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Another Borsalino came in today. I traded this one with Brent (@deadlyhandsome) for a Barbisio and a panama. The auction shots made it look black, which would have been fine with me, but it is in fact grey. So many thanks go out to Brent for getting this one for me.
There are two members on this lounge who thought they had cornered the market on Marque Grand Luxe Borsalinos (Bowen? Max?:)), but this one escaped their attention. And it's a velour!
Borsalino Marque Grand Luxe in Lupo (wolf) colour. Raw edge brim at a hair under 5,5cm and crown at 10cm at the pinch. Bob Roberts had/has a hat in Lupo colour, which I always liked, so I'm over the moon with this one.
borsalino-lupo_01-jpg.135502
borsalino-lupo_02-jpg.135503
borsalino-lupo_03-jpg.135504
borsalino-lupo_04-jpg.135505
borsalino-lupo_05-jpg.135506
borsalino-lupo_07-jpg.135507
borsalino-lupo_09-jpg.135508
borsalino-lupo_10-jpg.135509
borsalino-lupo_12-jpg.135510
borsalino-lupo_11-jpg.135511
Heh... Lupo... Over the moon..
I see what you did there!
Might be TFL's first wolf pun!
And a sweet looking hat to boot! Has me howling! :D

Another recent find.
Cambiaghi in brown. This one has some wear and has certainly some (or a large part) wool content (I'll keep it away from the Lupo hat). Size 56, brim 6,5cm and crown 10cm at the pinch. Looks like it had a crown patch at one time; nothing inside it now. One label inside the hat, that doesn't tell us anything. Style, colour and proportions are spot on and the craftsmanship that shows what they could do with lesser felt qualities shines through.

cambiaghi_1-jpg.135521
cambiaghi_2-jpg.135522
cambiaghi_3-jpg.135523
cambiaghi_4-jpg.135524
cambiaghi_5-jpg.135525
cambiaghi_6-jpg.135526
cambiaghi_7-jpg.135527
cambiaghi_8-jpg.135528
cambiaghi_9.jpg

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
^^^Your’s is in Lupo...mine is in Lino...
Sounds like a Marx Brothers thing.
By the way...your’s is also the top of the line 6X and a stellar feller!
I think Tonio has a 6X very similar and a 4X too.
Super glad you got it Stefan. I think you and Brent both got a good deal.
They are wonderful hats!
B

These are purchases of a summer that is ending with temperatures above the norm after two intense and catastrophic storms of about ten days ago

Barbisio size 5 or 57 cm. done in the historic factory of Sagliano Micca, before 1980

The felt has a finish with short hair, very soft and malleable

The hat is garnished with a dark brown ribbon and the brims are edged of the same ribbon

The hat is very classic for Italian canons of about forty years ago.
The proportions are: brim to 5 cm., Crown to 12 cm. and 3 cm tape
The color is "Daino" and the finish of the felt is "Talpa"
The hat has arrived, along with others, in good consitions, but a measure too narrow for my head
2n0jv5y.jpg

Once the dust was removed, cleaned and put in contact with the steam, he highlighted his fantastic felt.
Very nice Daniele. I do like that finish.

Interesting brand, looks like nice quality felt. For $5, how could you go wrong!

And this Strato-somethingorother. I think it was a factory second as the price tag say OOPS. Or is that O.P.S.?

View attachment 135476

View attachment 135486

View attachment 135479

View attachment 135480

View attachment 135483

Dang ... the boxes just keep hitting the porch this afternoon! The $15 7XCB has also arrived.

View attachment 135487

View attachment 135488

View attachment 135489

View attachment 135490

View attachment 135492

View attachment 135496
Wow Bob! You have the luck of the Irish! Can't wait to see these all spiffed up and on your head.

Recent addition to the fold.
Borsalino Augusta Marocco, size 56, with a double stitched raw edge brim at 5,5cm and crown at 10cm. Specially made for JS Meuwsen, Amsterdam. The hat has a very nice hand, but is fairly stiff for a Borsalino.
borsalino-marocco_02-jpg.135472
borsalino-marocco_03-jpg.135473
borsalino-marocco_04-jpg.135474
borsalino-marocco_05-jpg.135475
borsalino-marocco_07-jpg.135477
borsalino-marocco_12-jpg.135485
Brim stitching is a stand out on this one.

Another Borsalino came in today. I traded this one with Brent (@deadlyhandsome) for a Barbisio and a panama. The auction shots made it look black, which would have been fine with me, but it is in fact grey. So many thanks go out to Brent for getting this one for me.
There are two members on this lounge who thought they had cornered the market on Marque Grand Luxe Borsalinos (Bowen? Max?:)), but this one escaped their attention. And it's a velour!
Borsalino Marque Grand Luxe in Lupo (wolf) colour. Raw edge brim at a hair under 5,5cm and crown at 10cm at the pinch. Bob Roberts had/has a hat in Lupo colour, which I always liked, so I'm over the moon with this one.
borsalino-lupo_03-jpg.135504
borsalino-lupo_07-jpg.135507
borsalino-lupo_09-jpg.135508
borsalino-lupo_11-jpg.135511
I'm really happy this one did not get away. After missing the auction the first time, I was afraid it would not work out. This is one incredible hat Stefan.

A little Bickmore Stiffener and steam will have that baby looking brand new.

Unique. You should post that one in the Spiral Stitch Thread.:)

That is an awesome take! I remember the old bucket hats they were selling back in the mid 70's orange tab.

Cool rockin' jean lid!:cool:

I can only bow before your mastery of sniffing out bargain hats, Bob. Congrats on these.

How in the heck are you guys getting these cool looking lids for such better low prices?

Man.............I need to do my homework from here on end. My pricing statures needs work.;)

Sheeze Bob:
Thinkin up a new nick name for you. Mr. Estate or something. There all good, but dang, a 7X CB, Caxton box, killer Strat (i’m goin with OPS), on and on!!
Thought i was having a good week...sheeze Bob. Take no prisioners guy!
B

I don't think any of us will achieve Bob's greatness at bargain finding!

^^^BargainBob!!! Maybe thats it!!

For my sake, I hope you're lying about that price!

Dang, Bob! That's quite a haul! Great job.

The Levi's hat is the cream of the crop, though.

I really like the band on that, once you get it cleaned and steamed it will be a very sharp lid!
Congrats!

Wow Bob! You have the luck of the Irish! Can't wait to see these all spiffed up and on your head.

I can honestly say that I’ve never seen a better example of this exquisite hat.

Thanks everyone for the kudos and likes! I am especially honored by those sharing my joy in finally obtaining the "grail" Levi's hat. It's going to go perfectly with my Canadian Tuxedo!

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Second purchase of a declining summer. Together with the Barbisio of yesterday it arrived in a complex purchase
4v2xx5.jpg

A classic lobbia Borsalino Qualità Extra Superiore in black. Size 5 so it is 57 centimeter, a little tight, personal opinion
2yuczmd.jpg

The production is the historical one of Borsalino and the felt and finishes are of the first order
2iv1wtv.jpg

The felt is black and very soft with a velvety touch
10ni87r.jpg

Every so often it is a pleasure to discover that Borsalino has produced apparently "normal" felts of such a high degree of quality
afdcvk.jpg

The proportions are: curled brim to 5 cm., Crown to 12 cm. and 5 centimeter tape
2vjr96g.jpg

The hat is very little used and, apart from the dust, removed, it is perfect
2m5c6md.jpg

Unpleasantly it is another hat, along with the yesterday's Barbisio, that will have to leave his friends in the closets, where he has not yet been put in order not to fraternize.

Second purchase of a declining summer. Together with the Barbisio of yesterday it arrived in a complex purchase
4v2xx5.jpg

A classic lobbia Borsalino Qualità Extra Superiore in black. Size 5 so it is 57 centimeter, a little tight, personal opinion
2yuczmd.jpg

The production is the historical one of Borsalino and the felt and finishes are of the first order
2iv1wtv.jpg

10ni87r.jpg

Every so often it is a pleasure to discover that Borsalino has produced apparently "normal" felts of such a high degree of quality
afdcvk.jpg

The proportions are: curled brim to 5 cm., Crown to 12 cm. and 5 centimeter tape
2vjr96g.jpg

2m5c6md.jpg

Unpleasantly it is another hat, along with the yesterday's Barbisio, that will have to leave his friends in the closets, where he has not yet been put in order not to fraternize.
Classic Daniele! Beautiful proportions and pristine.

Roadopen

One of the Regulars
Another recent find.
Cambiaghi in brown. This one has some wear and has certainly some (or a large part) wool content (I'll keep it away from the Lupo hat). Size 56, brim 6,5cm and crown 10cm at the pinch. Looks like it had a crown patch at one time; nothing inside it now. One label inside the hat, that doesn't tell us anything. Style, colour and proportions are spot on and the craftsmanship that shows what they could do with lesser felt qualities shines through.

cambiaghi_1-jpg.135521
cambiaghi_2-jpg.135522
cambiaghi_3-jpg.135523
cambiaghi_4-jpg.135524
cambiaghi_5-jpg.135525
cambiaghi_6-jpg.135526
cambiaghi_7-jpg.135527
cambiaghi_8-jpg.135528
View attachment 135529

Love that rustic color on this hat steur specially in this lighting, just stands right out at yah! Shall we name this bad boy
“ RUSTY “ a cool brat hat I say!✌️

Roadopen

^^^Your’s is in Lupo...mine is in Lino...
Sounds like a Marx Brothers thing.
By the way...your’s is also the top of the line 6X and a stellar feller!
I think Tonio has a 6X very similar and a 4X too.
Super glad you got it Stefan. I think you and Brent both got a good deal.
They are wonderful hats!
B
Very nice Daniele. I do like that finish.

Interesting brand, looks like nice quality felt. For $5, how could you go wrong!

Brim stitching is a stand out on this one.

I'm really happy this one did not get away. After missing the auction the first time, I was afraid it would not work out. This is one incredible hat Stefan.
Bowen, Mike, thanks! It took a bit of doing and shuffling some hats around, but we got there in the end. A good hat is worth a bit of work.

4v2xx5.jpg

2yuczmd.jpg

2iv1wtv.jpg

10ni87r.jpg

afdcvk.jpg

2vjr96g.jpg

2m5c6md.jpg

Classic Daniele! Beautiful proportions and pristine.
I concur with what Mike said. Excellent hat and everyone should have (at least) one.

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The White Buffalo made it across the country! This is the softest grizzly I have handled. A six cord ribbon, rolled brim, grizzly, red liner western. I loved it when Bowen @AbbaDatDeHat, posted it. Being the gentleman he is, he gifted me with this! It even arrived with a calf, which I will post. Thanks Bowen, haven't been able to wipe the smile off my face!
d08ab5afbc3e70b5fd3943ebc2789825.jpg
f7faafc58239feb2e10f74cd969bcc48.jpg
826e5088daac9a9d36a665a2117d5b70.jpg
937a886a56e8e5bdaff8714e52dd14e7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou