Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Roadopen

One of the Regulars
Nice buy Red. Stefan is a great hat finder and one of my favourite hat pushers [emoji4]. Looking forward to receiving a hat consignment from him this coming week. Cudos to you for wearing your stiff felts (bowlers) outdoors. I get strange looks just wearing a Homburg. I'm going to go out and wear my Bowlers with pride this year.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

The homburg will get attention for sure, overall as its something anyone hardly seen around being worn but i do agree that it does commands presence of attention and that is a good thing i guess. If you can rock that hat then the a bowler or derby is a cinch to wear all around.

Need to try a few more derby’s or bowlers as they are hard to come by here in my area.

Roadopen

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
You are absolutely right Roadopen. If you own the hat it will command attention, and it will rock. If you don't own it and just look embarrassed in it, forget about it, don't wear it. Respect the hat and it will respect you.
The homburg will get attention for sure, overall as its something anyone hardly seen around being worn but i do agree that it does commands presence of attention and that is a good thing i guess. If you can rock that hat then the a bowler or derby is a cinch to wear all around.

Need to try a few more derby’s or bowlers as they are hard to come by here in my area.

Roadopen

Roadopen

One of the Regulars
You are absolutely right Roadopen. If you own the hat it will command attention, and it will rock. If you don't own it and just look embarrassed in it, forget about it, don't wear it. Respect the hat and it will respect you.

..... Totally agree and with respect to all hat wearers here, whatever pleases your mood and style it’s all you! That’s what make us all different with one common passion when it comes to hats.

Peace! ✌️
Roadopen

Tonio

A-List Customer
These will get a proper showing in a few days:

GB Borsalino
image.jpeg

Knox Fifteen
image.jpeg

Hear Hear! Wear the hat, don't let it wear you. I like the odd looks, I'm a hat narcissist.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
This is a part of the French hats arrived these days.
They are hats of producers not very well known on the international market or, in this case, semi-finished or incomplete hats.
The beauty is that they all have a magnificent heather felt.
213127d.jpg

Firs is a no namehat, probably from the seller knowledge a Bouteille - Chazelles sur Lyon. The tip says Veritable feutre de poil
9hmj9g.jpg

First is a Morreton "Mixo" Soft line impermeable without lining
10rvajd.jpg

First is Flechet, no other indications. No lining
vqnl38.jpg

First is Morreton "Prelude" with some little damage on the sweatband. No lining
169f0ag.jpg

Flechet without bow and lining.
They are all new and they are well preserved and the felt is magnificent, soft and of various types of heather.
Size are 59 and 60 centimeters
More to come in the proper thread

They are hats of producers not very well known on the international market or, in this case, semi-finished or incomplete hats.
213127d.jpg

Firs is a no namehat, probably from the seller knowledge a Bouteille - Chazelles sur Lyon. The tip says Veritable feutre de poil
9hmj9g.jpg

10rvajd.jpg

vqnl38.jpg

169f0ag.jpg

They are all new and they are well preserved and the felt is magnificent, soft and of various types of heather.
Wonderful and interesting French hats, the heather finish on both is very nice.

213127d.jpg

9hmj9g.jpg

10rvajd.jpg

vqnl38.jpg

169f0ag.jpg

Nice find, Daniele. There's always room for good heathers.

Despite my best intentions I added a few hats to the collection. Some are not keepers because they're not my size. Still well worth looking at though.
First one. Burton homburg in grey, size 57. Brim at 5cm and crown 11cm at the pinch. There is another brand called Burton: a Dutch maker of top hats. I believe this Burton is the name of a retail store on Fifth Avenue. Once owned by someone called Dr Z: how cool is that?!

burton homburg_1.jpg
burton homburg_2.jpg
burton homburg_3.jpg
burton homburg_4.jpg
burton homburg_5.jpg
burton homburg_6.jpg
burton homburg_7.jpg
burton homburg_8.jpg
burton homburg_9.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members