Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
dostacos said:
John of Penman had a few hats that he had built then the people decided not to buy, their loss MY gain. I love this hat. it reminds me of a hat that Clark Kent wore {the OLD TV program} anyway here are some pictures
That's a gorgeous hat, dostacos. Did you get as gorgeous a deal on it, given that this was an unclaimed custom hat? Fantastic lid--good score!

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
bakers44 said:
I hit up a vintage clothing store here, and look what I found!

Old Dobbs 20 that was still unbashed when I bought it! :D

Excellent find, bakers44! Why is it when I go to vintage/thrift stores, all I see are blouses and jackets my grandmother would have worn?? And even worse, they don't even look good on me! :D

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Won this in the monthly newsletter drawing that Panama Bob runs.:D Only took a couple of days to get!

GEDC0683-1.jpg

bakers44

New in Town
jimmy the lid said:
Really nice score, Bakers44. May I humbly suggest that you live with it for a while -- over time, I think you will be glad to have it in its original condition. If you get a chance, could you please post photos of the liner and sweatband?

Once again, congrats!

Cheers,
JtL

Yeah, I'm going to leave it as is, I really don't want to alter it; and it's the only thin ribbon I've got. So variety is always good. :)

I'll take some other pics tomorrow in the daylight. It's unlined, but I'm not sure if it was made that way or if the liner's missing. [huh]
But I'll get some pics of the sweat tomorrow; oh by the way, there's a reference to a patent on a tag under the sweatband, so I looked it up on the Patent Office website and here's what I got:
http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-adv.htm&r=5&f=G&l=50&d=PALL&p=1&S1=2,143,051&OS=2,143,051&RS=2,143,051

The patent was originally filed February 27th 1935, so the hat's no older than that. Would be nice to pin the age of it down though.

Wandering Fool

New in Town
My New Borsalino

My new Borsalino from JJ Hat Ctr in NYC. I am prbably breaking with convention by wearing it with formal wear, but...I really like this hat!
tux.jpg
[/IMG]

ValEag

One of the Regulars
Brim size

RobFedoraField said:
aside from the brim being a little small for my personal taste, that's a nice looking summer hat.

Thanks RFF - I wondered about the brim size myself. I was considering another straw hat that would have been a true stingy brim at 1 7/8", but decided to try this one first. I'm not sure I could pull off the stingy brim at all. This 2 1/4 may be as small as I care to go.

bakers44

New in Town
I think I've gone a little hat-crazy the last couple of days. :D
I went to another vintage store yesterday; found an old Cavanagh in PRISTINE condition. Just had to buy it!

Photo1248.jpg

Photo1247.jpg

Photo1246.jpg

Damn, I need to stop buying hats....

cookie

I'll Lock Up
bakers44 said:
I think I've gone a little hat-crazy the last couple of days. :D
I went to another vintage store yesterday; found an old Cavanagh in PRISTINE condition. Just had to buy it!

Photo1248.jpg

Photo1247.jpg

Photo1246.jpg

Damn, I need to stop buying hats....

You even thought to castigate yourself for one nanosecond over a NOS Cavanagh that fit?:eek: :eek: ....you need to see someone urgently...the FL Hat Forum recommended psychiatrist would be my suggestion...:D :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic