Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Promised myself to slow down a bit, but these date from before that resolution.
Champ in grey. Bound brim at 6cm and crown 11cm at the pinch. Not a holy grail hat perhaps, but I like the shape and proportions of it. I'll let it stay.

View attachment 139465 View attachment 139466 View attachment 139467 View attachment 139468 View attachment 139469 View attachment 139470 View attachment 139471 View attachment 139472 View attachment 139473 View attachment 139474
The ribbon alone makes that a keeper.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Sixties Stetson. Listed as 2 3/4" brim, is actually 2 1/2". Smaller than I usually wear, maybe I will get used to it.
ad8de39309ba41c3554546c7d9518211.jpg

I think it suits you perfectly.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
That boat up here just floats me!
Dobb's/Knox/Adam/Champ...……..man they are underdogs with a vengeance. Giving the Borso's/Stet's/Akubra's the run for their skins.:rolleyes:

We've only just begun!

Where the hell is the Nick F. thread and the owners?:D

Cheers!
I don't think of Dobbs or Knox hats as underdogs. I like my Dobbs Fifty's felt better than the felt of my Stetson One Hundred's, and my Knox Forty's felt is excellent.
I am very curious about how the felt of my new Dobbs One Hundred is going to feel. How much better than the Fifty's can it be?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Roadopen

One of the Regulars
I don't think of Dobbs or Knox hats as underdogs. I like my Dobbs Fifty's felt better than the felt of my Stetson One Hundred's, and my Knox Forty's felt is excellent.
I am very curious about how the felt of my new Dobbs One Hundred is going to feel. How much better than the Fifty's can it be?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Just teasin bro! I know one from the other. Just makin’ chit and a chat.
Total respect. I’ve a Knox and Dobbs in the works.

Cheers!
Ro

Just A Hat Rack

Practically Family
That is simply gorgeous, Greg. Nice catch!

Thank you, Stefan. You've been bringing in fine looking hats.

Oh man, you knocked it out of the park! Beautiful, with perfect dimensions. Congratulations on another great one.
Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks, Dd. Lucked out on the brim, the seller had listed it as 2 3/4". Funny the difference a 1/4" makes.

That’s a thing of beauty! Great find.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks, handsome.

Very nice BB! Grandpa would be proud!

I hope so, HJ. He'd probably spin in his grave if he knew what his hats were selling for. This one came in a lot cleaner than the seller's pics indicated.

Whoa, Greg. That's a keeper! Congratulations.

I believe you're right, Jim. At least as much as any of them are.

Thank you, Bob. You've been bringing them in lately.

Mighty nice!
Looks like the same factory sticker that's in my Vita Felt.

Thanks, moe. That particular factory sticker is new in my stable. Do you have any info on it.

That is one sharp lookin' hat. I love the crease you put on it.
Ryan
Hat size: 7 1/2

Thank you very much, Ryan.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Thank you, Stefan. You've been bringing in fine looking hats.

Thanks, Dd. Lucked out on the brim, the seller had listed it as 2 3/4". Funny the difference a 1/4" makes.

Thanks, handsome.

I hope so, HJ. He'd probably spin in his grave if he knew what his hats were selling for. This one came in a lot cleaner than the seller's pics indicated.

I believe you're right, Jim. At least as much as any of them are.

Thank you, Bob. You've been bringing them in lately.

Thanks, moe. That particular factory sticker is new in my stable. Do you have any info on it.

Thank you very much, Ryan.
I don't have much info. I only have it in the one hat. Without digging up the Vita Felt thread, I remember there being mention of it being an older style tag that was discontinued by the period that the Vitas were being made. Maybe wartime shortages and a surplus of old stickers in storage prompted ther reissue.

Sixties Stetson. Listed as 2 3/4" brim, is actually 2 1/2". Smaller than I usually wear, maybe I will get used to it.
I'm in complete agreement with those who have stated it looks good on you. Transitioning from wider to narrower brimmed hats can be just as daunting as the other way 'round, but I say wear the hat if you like it and pay no attention to such specifics. I can all but assure you that no one will see you in that hat and think, "If only the brim was 1/4" wider..." :D

Bought this VS from an individual last yr but never wore it much because of the snapped down brim, knife edge lines & deep sunken crease it had. Studied the blocking yesterday & realized I could crease it more to my liking. With some smoothing to do yet I'm going to try this for a while. 2-3/4" bound edge brim x 6" open crown, 1/2" ribbon, perforated sweat.

IMG_2436.jpg

IMG_2441.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda