Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
We're not there yet.
Marke Förster in grey. Size 55, unlined with the raw edge brim at 6cm and crown 9,5cm at the pinch. This one contains a fair amount of wool in the mix, but I liked the colour and shape of it though, so why not? The bow need a little bit adjustment, but that's a minor flaw.

förster_1.jpg
förster_2.jpg
förster_3.jpg
förster_4.jpg
förster_5.jpg
förster_6.jpg
förster_7.jpg
förster_8.jpg
förster_9.jpg

Before we get to the Maysers first this one.
Another unknown brand (to me anyway). Percy Jones&Co ltd homburg in grey. Size 57, but this one fits me quite well. Brim at 6,5cm and crown 11cm at the pinch. The lovely grey colour of this one won me over. Percy Jones is most likely not the maker, but one of the hatfactories in Stockport or Denton nearby. based on the label shape and the sweatband I'd say it's probably by Moores. Colour is called "Coke".

percy jones_02.jpg
percy jones_01.jpg
percy jones_03.jpg
percy jones_04.jpg
percy jones_05.jpg
percy jones_06.jpg
percy jones_07.jpg
percy jones_08.jpg
percy jones_09.jpg
percy jones_10.jpg

We're not there yet.
Marke Förster in grey. Size 55, unlined with the raw edge brim at 6cm and crown 9,5cm at the pinch. This one contains a fair amount of wool in the mix, but I liked the colour and shape of it though, so why not? The bow need a little bit adjustment, but that's a minor flaw.

View attachment 141018 View attachment 141019 View attachment 141020 View attachment 141021 View attachment 141022 View attachment 141023 View attachment 141024 View attachment 141025 View attachment 141026

The vintage hat market in California is very different from Nederland. I’m in awe. You never disappoint, Stefan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The vintage hat market in California is very different from Nederland. I’m in awe. You never disappoint, Stefan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks, Brent. I was relieved to see the vintage shops in Amsterdam had restocked on hats this time. There's a company in the Netherlands that's a big player in the second-hand and vintage clothing business worldwide. They own four shops in Amsterdam alone.

Thanks, Brent. I was relieved to see the vintage shops in Amsterdam had restocked on hats this time. There's a company in the Netherlands that's a big player in the second-hand and vintage clothing business worldwide. They own four shops in Amsterdam alone.

Hmm, I think I’ll need to take a vintage hat European tour. Are the larger sizes as rare there as they are here?

Next Mayser on the list.
Echter Mayser in blue (jay!). Size 56 with the bound brim at 6cm and the crown at 10cm at the pinch. The link between Hut Seidl and Mayser was very close. Anton Seidl was a partner first and the owner of the Mayser company later. Interesting is that the label on this one states Seidl and not Mayser. So the hat was probably made especially for Hut Seidl's shop in Munich.

mayser seidl_1.jpg
mayser seidl_2.jpg
mayser seidl_3.jpg
mayser seidl_4.jpg
mayser seidl_5.jpg
mayser seidl_6.jpg
mayser seidl_7.jpg
mayser seidl_8.jpg
mayser seidl_9.jpg

Almost there. Only the Borsalinos to go. First one:
Borsalino fedora in black, qualitá speciale. It also says Export Qualität on the sweatband, so made for the German market. Size 57 with the bound brim at 5,5cm and crown at 11cm at the pinch. I wasn't going to keep this one (just like the borsalino homburg in black I posted recently), but this hat has so many redeeming qualities it will stay. I don't have a lot of black borsalino hats to be honest. And these cellophane covered liners always have my resolve turn into dissolve...

borsalino nero export_01.jpg
borsalino nero export_02.jpg
borsalino nero export_03.jpg
borsalino nero export_04.jpg
borsalino nero export_05.jpg
borsalino nero export_07.jpg
borsalino nero export_06.jpg
borsalino nero export_08.jpg
borsalino nero export_09.jpg
borsalino nero export_10.jpg

Last one, but not the least one.
Borsalino nutria in Condor colour. Model Ecosca. Size 56 with the raw edge brim at 6,5cm and the crown at 10cm at the pinch. Superb felt that dry creases easily but still feels sturdy (but not stiff). The hand is very soft. The seller had his (or her) own ideas about this hat because it was creased the other way round and there was a thread sewn in around the reed. I thought it was because the sweat was loose from the reed, but that was not the case.

borsalino condor_01.jpg
borsalino condor_02.jpg
borsalino condor_03.jpg
borsalino condor_04.jpg
borsalino condor_05.jpg
borsalino condor_06.jpg
borsalino condor_07.jpg
borsalino condor_08.jpg
borsalino condor_09.jpg
borsalino condor_10.jpg

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Stefan, I was going to ask where this Aladdin's cave of hats is. Thanks for revealing its location. Next stop, Amsterdam [emoji4]

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy