Post New Hats Here!

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Rundquist, May 4, 2004.

1. Steinbockhase

Steinbockhase A-List Customer

Thank you :)

2. quikrick

quikrick One of the Regulars

Oh and, I like that you sowed how versatile it is with you wearing it.

Steinbockhase and Zombie_61 like this.
  3. The Jackal

The Jackal One of the Regulars

Picked this up while I was in Atlanta. I've selected this as my "around the pool" hat. It's 85% polypropylene, 15% polyester.

After wearing it around for an afternoon, I decided it didn't breath well enough, so I added some copper eyelets for additional ventilation. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

4. steur

steur I'll Lock Up

Can't go wrong for that price. Still a popular style in Germany it seems.

Redfokker, M Hatman and Wyldkarma like this.
  5. steur

steur I'll Lock Up

Very nice, Steve. Quite rare these Dermotta hats from what I know.

6. steur

steur I'll Lock Up

Redfokker and Steinbockhase like this.
  7. steur

steur I'll Lock Up

Haven't posted this one before. A. Breiter in a size 60. Grey in colour with the bound brim at 6,5m and the crown 11,5cm at the center dent. No liner and it never seems to have had one.

breiter60_01.jpg breiter60_02.jpg breiter60_03.jpg breiter60_04.jpg breiter60_05.jpg breiter60_06.jpg breiter60_07.jpg breiter60_08.jpg breiter60_09.jpg breiter60_10.jpg

8. mayserwegener

mayserwegener

Stefan, Thanks! I have few but all Homburgs and all post WWII. Their quality is very high so I imagine the pre WWII hats would be really fantastic.

The A. Breiter looks great. Great colors and form!

Redfokker and M Hatman like this.
  9. bowlerman

bowlerman I'll Lock Up

It isn’t a hat of exciting vintage or high value, but I just couldn’t leave this Browning Sportsman on the shelf at the local antique shop. It has a nice rugged hand and is in impeccable condition. It only needed a gentle stretch and now fits like a glove.
    I like its simplicity.

It came in a high cattleman and I reworked it into this sort of sloped center dent, hoping to imitate my Stetson Nutria Western somewhat.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. bowlerman

bowlerman I'll Lock Up

11. Wyldkarma

Wyldkarma One Too Many

Great for Octoberfest here in Texas. Lots of Bavarian roots in TX. :)

Redfokker, Rmccamey and Zombie_61 like this.
  12. mayserwegener

mayserwegener

J. Hückel´s Söhne "Superior" probably 1930s. The felt is great and easily dry creases. The sweatband was replaced and the ribbon / bow wasn't reapplied properly but other than that the it's in good condition. I really like the form and dimensions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Open Crown

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Redfokker

Redfokker

Very nice Stefan! That color is so understated, looks to be very versatile. I'll have to go back a few months in this thread to catch back up with you.

That crown is so impressive. Looks like a nice quality everyday hat. Very cool.

14. Daniele Tanto

Daniele Tanto Call Me a Cab

Between winter and spring I came into possession of various felt cones. The first were semi-finished Borsalino. This time they come from a shop in the province of Alessandria, the fourth in terms of turnover in the sale of Borsalinbo throughout Italy. The owner says that these cones, already formed, but with many finishes to make are Borsalino and Panizza. For the colors arrived in sizes 59 and 60, I prefer more for Panizza felts. The colors are an excellent guide in understanding from which Italian source they arrive;)
    BROWN First raw brim
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BROWN Second raw brim
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Daniele Tanto

There are various weights of felt and various surface finishes, some are better finished, others need more work, even the shellac varies and the gray below is the most stiff of the lot
    Pale BROWN-YELLOW under seamed brim
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Pale GREY under seamed brim
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Daniele Tanto

The hats have roughly already the dimensions suitable for my head and are all with straight sides and the brim vary between six and seven centimeters. The colors, with the exception of a few others, are very beautiful and rare in current Italian production, such as these greens
    GREEN First Raw brim
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    GREEN Second under seamed brim
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Daniele Tanto

In the lot I also had this "black sheep" put on. Felt is almost all wool and has this truly bizarre melange of colors. Its consistency is smaller than its brothers, but it was unfair to leave it still in stock. I had a long discussion about the quality of Italian felts with the owner of the shop that had these felts, sweatbands, linings and wood head to make hats of their own or to refurbish existing ones. But I have some doubts seeing these felts, some look like perfectly formed hats that have been the sweatband and the lining and the ribbon removed. As always now remains the dilemma: which to end and which to preserve as a historical relic of a time that will not come back.
    Melange-Heather or somenthing never seen for a dress hat. Raw brim
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

steur, Scooterz, Bill Hughes and 9 others like this.
  18. Cornshucker77

Cornshucker77 Call Me a Cab

I got my New To Me Stetson 3X Fedora yesterday. It needs a good cleaning and has a couple of stains that I will need to work on. It shows some wear so is more of a casual hat, hence the T-shirt, but I like it overall. The overwelt brim was advertised as "about 2 1/2 inches", but measures at 2 1/4, so I was a little unhappy with that. I don't care for narrow brims. 5" at the front of the center crease. I didn't pay a lot of money for it so I'm good.
    hats, Fedora Stetson 3X.jpg hats, Fedora Stetson 3X 2.jpg hats, Fedora Stetson 3X 1.jpg DSCN0346.JPG DSCN0348.JPG

19. Steve1857

Steve1857 Call Me a Cab

I can understand your disappointment as you were expecting something else brim wise, Cornshucker. Nevertheless, that is one very fine Stetson 3X, especially seen from a European perspective. Nice buy.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Zombie_61 and Cornshucker77 like this.
  20. Cornshucker77

Cornshucker77 Call Me a Cab

Thank you Steve. I should always be glad to acquire a 3X. :)