Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Daniele,
This one just fascinates me..It is really of too small of proportions to interest me...still....I keep thinking about it....all the more as you said it was too big for you........as it is too big for you....it should fit me:rolleyes:....too bad shipping is so high from there........perhaps a multi hat deal is in order........:eek::rolleyes:;).....it HAS been a while.:D
Mark
Mark, thanks for your kind words and proposal. For sure this hat is too big for my head and, along with others, could fit properly yours. I will make an investigation on the "too big" hats I have. May I ask some time because I have put all the felts, except this one, in the boxes and closet, but I swear I will do it:)
Daniele, Great find! This is definitely unique. I haven't come across such a combination. I have to look at this one closer. May I ask where you found it? What does it say under Farbe? Is there any other numbers under the visible sequence?
Steve, I say the truth: I bought it because I knew it could be a "unique" item. I was not sure because your collection has all the models of Central Europe hats, still available, but I attempted luck and it works. The hat came from France and it was part of alot of various French-German hats, I purchased only this one, the others are not interesting for my taste. I will send you the pictures you request with all details, as soon as I can. Thanks Steve for your kind words and your interest in it.

Robieman

A-List Customer
3X-8.JPG
Just a better shot of the hat, and I think more nearly reflects the actual color.
3X-12.JPG
Better view of binding and 3 cord ribbon, and I agree with you, I really like this style ribbon.
3X-11.JPG
This is the stamp inside the liner.
3x-4.jpg
I think I posted this earlier, but if not, this shows the re-order tag & the store pricing tag, with date!

Robieman

A-List Customer
Great color. Have you posted the brim x crown measurements. I'll guess 3x6.
Brim is just shy of 3 including the binding, and the crown is app 51/2. May not be exact as I don't have a good ruler with me, just a little 6 inch one.
I had looked thru some of the catalogs that are posted on those threads, and it seems to me this hat may be the San Fran Jr. Don't hold me to it, as I certainly ain't an expert.

and it seems to me this hat may be the San Fran Jr.

Thanks for the measurements and it may well be a San Fran Jr. It's a style that's very popular with a few of us around here. One of the things I think B was maybe citing as unique, it's one of those hats that could be had during a time from No. 1 Quality to 100. Probably my favorite style. These hats are typically labeled with the felt quality but no listed model, some blocked on a 51 or a 56. HJ has a No. 1 and maybe another. I have a 7X CB and I believe B has one or more but I don't remember for sure.

Robieman

A-List Customer
Thanks for the measurements and it may well be a San Fran Jr. It's a style that's very popular with a few of us around here. One of the things I think B was maybe citing as unique, it's one of those hats that could be had during a time from No. 1 Quality to 100. Probably my favorite style. These hats are typically labeled with the felt quality but no listed model, some blocked on a 51 or a 56. HJ has a No. 1 and maybe another. I have a 7X CB and I believe B has one or more but I don't remember for sure.
It has no designation other than the 3X. I just looked back at one of the catalogs and it may not be the one I said, as that hat had a 6 inch crown. This might be 6 but I really think it's actually closer to 5 1/2. I did find one that matched that measurement. But who knows, and it doesn't really matter. I'm glad I found this one, it's cool that the store tag is still in it, thereby getting a relatively accurate date on the hat. And I have to say, while maybe not as soft as some others, it is pretty soft, yet stiff enough to hold the crease, but its not heavy to wear. Just an all around good hat. I appreciate your, and everyone's comments. Thanks y'all

Mark, thanks for your kind words and proposal. For sure this hat is too big for my head and, along with others, could fit properly yours. I will make an investigation on the "too big" hats I have. May I ask some time because I have put all the felts, except this one, in the boxes and closet, but I swear I will do it:)

Steve, I say the truth: I bought it because I knew it could be a "unique" item. I was not sure because your collection has all the models of Central Europe hats, still available, but I attempted luck and it works. The hat came from France and it was part of alot of various French-German hats, I purchased only this one, the others are not interesting for my taste. I will send you the pictures you request with all details, as soon as I can. Thanks Steve for your kind words and your interest in it.
Daniele, Thanks! It reminds me of my P. & C. Habig Wien "Special Zefir".

https://germanaustrianhats.invisionzone.com/topic/5-p-c-habig-hutfabrik/?do=findComment&comment=807

Since i have a pause in my model "job" I can dedicate myself to others situations ;)
Well, I add my contribution to the thread dedicated to Willoughby
hsw94x.jpg

Open crown
eb7z2e.jpg

With a shape
Certainly this brand was a merchant who bought what he needed on the market, season after season, and branded it with his name.
29zaddu.jpg

I think that, despite the English or Anglo-Saxon name, the property was in partnership with the French.
rmqv0g.jpg

In this case it is a disguised Habig, made in Austria as shown by the label written in French.
35izkp3.jpg

The hat is of soft felt and with all the tricks to be able to use it in the summer.
2efkqas.jpg

sfw860.jpg

The dimensions are those of a hat produced in the sixties, but Steve will say much more and better than me.
2zpksn8.jpg

The dimensions are those of a crown 14 centimeters high and the brim of five. The hat weighs very little and seems to have been little used or even a stock fund. There are very slight traces of moth here and there, otherwise the bow still has the seam to keep it in perfect order
egzaqt.jpg

and the inside is perfect
29mrlkw.jpg
Lovely hat and a great find, Daniele. The vents make it for me.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
You miss my earlier post or are you challenging me?

Lol
Good one Greg!!
I haven’t had that good of a laugh in ages. Choked and my stomach (new hernia?) still hurts!
I yield my grasshopperness to the Master(Sensei) in all things hats and boots!
Was looking around for 3 cord 3X LD OR types for block #s and cant’t find my chocolate 3 cord rowboat Nutria so distracted. You been around here??
To be cont..
B

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Optimo McQueen, Silverbelly Heirloom Felt. Tiffani told me it was produced about 4 years ago, and was discontinued. Again, like new. I bought it from Bob Hufford, who got an almost unbelievable deal on it when he bought it. Some of the pics are his.
c3c42e51092a626758886726af558d34.jpg
da73b4accbe622d2e7cb58d6e7e29e04.jpg
e46f03cbf7d6babbd72b1e82a2712310.jpg
37786d19f6e9d9028019971aed7998c8.jpg
9f8b8e0597046ece3c6cc2b9aa57fe02.jpg
9eb76013dbc20a1047c92c55df5ce018.jpg
6104631938439dca256d7bdf2c3f7a0a.jpg
d693c6e6164b2bf4faf89d31c649f2c1.jpg
87bf54d66cb535c0fd0ce2da5eafa001.jpg
d9e573d8689da9c3a9ff29157a83dda6.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
195dbbe5a7f9b8bebf587aab558f314e.jpg