Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
A man of the rugged outdoors! Looks great, Steve.

More steaming and shaping, shaping and steaming has lead to this a little more Indiana Jones style.

I'm probably more senior than junior Jones [emoji4]
3858c3f9fd07ea64f4d1cd8ebd78968f.jpg
65cbaab7b214ac4f221f112e3bc0a7e4.jpg
a838c967aae2476dc45afd442b5d1244.jpg
34b69d20c4f9140d1f1310937db1c609.jpg
b8d5ed86aadfbbda5f40719c3291c164.jpg
479721e845bebfbafd4f5ecf59509e31.jpg
59c8573777fe36c070b289e2376f2acd.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Ready for the jungles of Denmark, Steve!:)

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
The flames of my love for the Stratoliner have been fueled once again. After much pleading, begging, and crying (me, not Bob), @BobHufford decided to let this bird fly to a new home. An early 50's Peacock green Royal Stetson Strat with an O.P.S. tag. When it arrived, I washed it good, cleaned it up, put it on the block and removed all the old wrinkles, and brushed it for hours until all the hair fell off my brush. I put my fist in the crown and grabbed the top to create an organic sort of pinch. I've picture the bird against my light green shirt. She may look gray, and she does have a definite gray tone, but she is a medium buff-green all the way. What do you think?

BEFORE and AFTER
Pea4.jpg Pea4.jpg

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
The flames of my love for the Stratoliner have been fueled once again. After much pleading, begging, and crying (me, not Bob), @BobHufford decided to let this bird fly to a new home. An early 50's Peacock green Royal Stetson Strat with an O.P.S. tag. When it arrived, I washed it good, cleaned it up, put it on the block and removed all the old wrinkles, and brushed it for hours until all the hair fell off my brush. I put my fist in the crown and grabbed the top to create an organic sort of pinch. I've picture the bird against my light green shirt. She may look gray, and she does have a definite gray tone, but she is a medium buff-green all the way. What do you think?

BEFORE and AFTER
View attachment 180745 View attachment 180746
Totally outstanding!!
Bob rocks!
B

OK, so much for my little joke (very little - HA). This Peacock green Strat is amazing. Very soft felt, light weight, and fits like a glove. When it arrived in the mail, I didn't do a thing to it, just put it on my head and wore it like a king! Lots more wear for this one in the fall when temps cool down!

View attachment 180755 View attachment 180756 View attachment 180757 View attachment 180758 View attachment 180759

Haha, fell for it and thought it was missing the “before” photo. The hat looks great! That color of green is very versatile too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

BEFORE and AFTER
View attachment 180745 View attachment 180746
That is one very nice bird, Randy. Congrats on the begging and pleading having paid off [emoji4]

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
OK, so much for my little joke (very little - HA). This Peacock green Strat is amazing. Very soft felt, light weight, and fits like a glove. When it arrived in the mail, I didn't do a thing to it, just put it on my head and wore it like a king! Lots more wear for this one in the fall when temps cool down!

View attachment 180755 View attachment 180756 View attachment 180757 View attachment 180758 View attachment 180759
Great shade of green, Randy. I really dig that Strat.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Never really wanted a green hat, thought they would be brash or "outdoorsy" or too much of a "party hat" for me. This buff green/gray is very smart and fits my style of daily dress very well. I'm very happy with this one, Steve.

Great shade of green, Randy. I really dig that Strat.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Hunting season has started :) View attachment 180795 View attachment 180796 View attachment 180797 View attachment 180798 View attachment 180799 View attachment 180800 View attachment 180801 View attachment 180803 Stetson 3x beaver in dark rusty brown. Crown 11cm at the dent, selv-edge at 6cm. Felt is a bit stiff but has a great hand and takes dry creases smoothly. It's about one tone darker than in the pics. Seems in never worn condition, even the price tag is still there.
That Stetson just looks fantastic, Panos. Love the colour. Great find, congrats

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Hunting season has started :) View attachment 180795 View attachment 180796 View attachment 180797 View attachment 180798 View attachment 180799 View attachment 180800 View attachment 180801 View attachment 180803 Stetson 3x beaver in dark rusty brown. Crown 11cm at the dent, selv-edge at 6cm. Felt is a bit stiff but has a great hand and takes dry creases smoothly. It's about one tone darker than in the pics. Seems in never worn condition, even the price tag is still there.

I just found this hat's brother while out hunting a couple days ago myself. Stetson 3x Selv-Edge size 7, black and manilla keyhole tag, plastic liner tip. Only difference is the one I found is lighter brown in color. Can't compare dimensional specs because I didn't have a tape with me, but otherwise it's practically the same. Structurally, the hat was in great shape but it did have several spots on it, possibly splattered grease. Too small for me but I'm tempted to go back and get it anyway.

PanosChris

Practically Family
I just found this hat's brother while out hunting a couple days ago myself. Stetson 3x Selv-Edge size 7, black and manilla keyhole tag, plastic liner tip. Only difference is the one I found is lighter brown in color. Can't compare dimensional specs because I didn't have a tape with me, but otherwise it's practically the same. Structurally, the hat was in great shape but it did have several spots on it, possibly splattered grease. Too small for me but I'm tempted to go back and get it anyway.
Yeap, the ones I have seen are identical in dimensions as well. The color differs, some have a wind cord too. It's a nice hat with decent felt. Maybe I am wrong here but I think it's not very unlikely to find it in larger sizes too, unless is that specific color that speaks to you.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
The second of a trio of imperfects

Borsalino Qualità Extra Superiore size 6 1/2 or 7 1/2 US. True size

The felt had some traces of moths, so Fleur of Penumbra Hat minimize them

Felt color is "Ghiaccio" with a short hair finish and the ribbon is contrasting. The small invasion of red on the felt is given by the color of the red bricks of the house.

The proportions are as follow: overwelted brim with a single seam are at 6 cm. the crown is 11 cm. high

Made in the historical Borsalino factory in 1977 it is in excellent conditions

The restoration work has succeeded very well and this makes me happy because I really like the hat and among the many Borsalino in the collection this is a rare color.

Fantastic colour and most wonderful hat, Panos. If you bagged this at just the start of the hunting season it promises great things to come.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW