Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Totally with you on this one Brent. Very recently Hornskov launched a new classic line with a claimed d'orsay curl but I am not sure how that compares to the vintage ones.

https://www.hornskovkobenhavn.com/collections/classic/products/henchman

Interesting!

Bob at Black Sheep also does the D'Orsay
32498253_10157405462741679_6151133796327489536_n.jpg

Edit to add, yeah, Bob's curls are the best...but the queue is long!
20663781_10156486828961679_5280499160663171778_n.jpg

Last edited:
Dobbs made tweed Trilbys.

13fVIfs.jpg

Who knew? :D Liner and label photos in the Dobbs Diner thread if you're really bored.
Nice! I see a good many of those around here when the weather cools down. Dobbs also makes some mighty nice tweed 8-panel caps. The one store in town here that sells decent dress hats usually has a stack of 'em come fall.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

My first Churchill. Seller called it 70s. It's gonna need a little time on the stretcher and some work to get a few dents out but it's a fine hat, nice tall straight crown, really supple felt, and a felted edge. Reasonably enough priced that I took a gamble on it, I hope I can coax it back to size. It'll make a good daily driver.
063955dc138ce2d70f2d8d6ee1908fb3.jpg
6f2309b121c9c910b8db2832756211b3.jpg
9544d5a18bc83422de7dd1cd88574535.jpg

They could've just stamped my name right into this hatband. The Tatton Baird feels like it came off my conformer. Perfect fit. Arrived today from the ebay seller in the original hatters box. Very well made pure beaver. All seams, ribbon, and finishes appear top notch. I'm most happy with the soft, rich Coyote color & finish. Brim 2.75 / Crown creased to 5.25. The Country Gentlemen from Tatton Baird. 2 thumbs up for this OR clone. View attachment 182266 View attachment 182267 View attachment 182268 View attachment 182269 View attachment 182270 View attachment 182271 View attachment 182272 View attachment 182273 View attachment 182274 ;)
Ken, the more I study your pics & the more I look at his FB pages (not much on his website or it's being updated?) I really like what he is doing. Would like to learn more from him. I don't imagine there are many of his hats around. You got lucky finding one that's a great fit for you too!

Wyldkarma

One Too Many
Ken, the more I study your pics & the more I look at his FB pages (not much on his website or it's being updated?) I really like what he is doing. Would like to learn more from him. I don't imagine there are many of his hats around. You got lucky finding one that's a great fit for you too!
I know, his website is terrible. He is on Facebook and Instagram. He has some bad reviews because he is hard to get hold of and doesn't return calls.

I know, his website is terrible. He is on Facebook and Instagram. He has some bad reviews because he is hard to get hold of and doesn't return calls.

He’s not the only hatter like that. I sent several emails and left a message at Buckaroo Hatters but they never replied. I’m not going to beg someone to take my money. Maybe these folks have all the business they can handle and don’t mind if they piss off potential customers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My first Churchill. Seller called it 70s. It's gonna need a little time on the stretcher and some work to get a few dents out but it's a fine hat, nice tall straight crown, really supple felt, and a felted edge. Reasonably enough priced that I took a gamble on it, I hope I can coax it back to size. It'll make a good daily driver.
063955dc138ce2d70f2d8d6ee1908fb3.jpg
6f2309b121c9c910b8db2832756211b3.jpg
9544d5a18bc83422de7dd1cd88574535.jpg

Nice! I hope you're able to "coax it back to size" 'cause it's definitely your style.

He’s not the only hatter like that. I sent several emails and left a message at Buckaroo Hatters but they never replied. I’m not going to beg someone to take my money. Maybe these folks have all the business they can handle and don’t mind if they piss off potential customers?

I too sent an inquiry into Buckaroo....never received a reply. Could be he has all the work he can handle. Dropped into Lympia Creek Hatters in West Texas. Friendly guy willing to chat but also told me he was no longer accepting orders as his book was over 12 months long and did not want it to grow any longer.

I too sent an inquiry into Buckaroo....never received a reply. Could be he has all the work he can handle. Dropped into Lympia Creek Hatters in West Texas. Friendly guy willing to chat but also told me he was no longer accepting orders as his book was over 12 months long and did not want it to grow any longer.

I’d have been fine with a one sentence reply that they were not accepting new orders. Common decency I would have thought. It all worked out as Rick at Phoenix has become my go-to guy.

I’d have been fine with a one sentence reply that they were not accepting new orders. Common decency I would have thought. It all worked out as Rick at Phoenix has become my go-to guy.

I inquired with them as an old post here mentioned they had some stock of Fepsa beaver. In discussion with Hufvud. He is looking to expand his Fepsa beaver line-up later this year. I may have found my source.

I inquired with them as an old post here mentioned they had some stock of Fepsa beaver. In discussion with Hufvud. He is looking to expand his Fepsa beaver line-up later this year. I may have found my source.

I’ve been talking with Mikael too. He was supposed to send me some beaver felt samples a while back, but he’s moving into bigger digs and hasn’t mailed them yet. I told him what colors I wanted and he is supposed to let me know when they come in. I had also asked him if he would consider selling a beaver hat body, but he had no interest it that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner