Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
buler said:
mallory_pork_2.jpg

That ribbon. I love that ribbon. Can I HAVE that ribbon? Did I mention I like the ribbon?...

billyspew

One Too Many
buler said:
Here is a Mallory Porkpie I picked up. Really like the ribbon on this one. From Jac Donges in Milwaukee. Is this 50's or even 60's? Was there a range of years when the porkpie was popular?

B

mallory_pork_1.jpg

That is cool. Reminds me a little of a Dobbs Gamebird. I'd put it at late 50's?
Think they switched from the MALLORY to Mallory logo around '55 (from what I've dug up so far).

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
OK, so I finally obtained a Parabuntal (sp?) roll-up thanks to our very own 'cookie' in Australia. All I've got so far are the initial pics. It is a beautiful piece of weaving and hopefully I'll be able to shape it up. Will post 'Afters' later. :)

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

lol V
DSC_0044.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
Today

Stopped at an antique/junk store I hadn't been to yet. Found 3 hats (kind of) and 2 blocks.
The felt, a Royal Scot, was filthy and a 6 7/8, but cheap enough to buy as an experimental hat. It actually brushed up pretty decent. Hope there is enough brim to block it to 7 1/8. The felt is very nice. Like the liner tip.
The guy pulled the straw out after I bought the other items. Very nice shape and a Mallory. Only a size 7, but had a great ribbon (you looking Gene?). The ribbon looks much better in person than the pic. It has 2 mauve stripes with a green stipe between.
The 2 blocks are both 52's. The darker one is stamped "6 7 1/4 52LO". The lighter one is stamped "5 3/4 7 3/8 52".

The Stetson is a size 1/8....

B

today.jpg

royal_scot_6.jpg

royal_scot_1.jpg

royal_scot_5.jpg

mallory_straw_5.jpg

mallory_straw_1.jpg

stetson_gift_box_hat.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
HarpPlayerGene said:
Next up is another (this makes four of these for me) Dobbs Hanover Square. This one's in moss green. Take that, Jimmy!! :D lol :)

DSC_0024.jpg

Gene, I just picked up a grey Hanover Square and did a search to see if there were other examples on the board. I absolutely love the lines on this hat - I wish it were a little softer, but other than that it's just a great hat. Not surprised at all to see another hat style we both seem to like - just glad I'm not having to compete with you for hats on ebay. I couldn't imagine wearing a green hat until I saw your pics - really looks great.

I wore mine last night and a lot of heads were turning. I noticed when I got home that I had a hole in my pants. :eusa_doh:

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
ScottF said:
Gene, I just picked up a grey Hanover Square and did a search to see if there were other examples on the board. I absolutely love the lines on this hat - I wish it were a little softer, but other than that it's just a great hat. Not surprised at all to see another hat style we both seem to like - just glad I'm not having to compete with you for hats on ebay. I couldn't imagine wearing a green hat until I saw your pics - really looks great.

What Michael said.

Photo links below for my other Hanovers. They are very Whippet-ish in their proportions. I really like them a lot. The moss green one you found and posted above was purchased from our very own Garrett.

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii79/harpplayergene/Dobbs Hanover Sq Brown/

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii79/harpplayergene/Dobbs Hanover Square Grey/

THIS one's REALLY green:
http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii79/harpplayergene/Dobbs Hanover Sq Green/

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Parabuntal Hood

HarpPlayerGene said:
OK, so I finally obtained a Parabuntal (sp?) roll-up thanks to our very own 'cookie' in Australia. All I've got so far are the initial pics. It is a beautiful piece of weaving and hopefully I'll be able to shape it up. Will post 'Afters' later. :)

DSC_0044.jpg

very fetching and you best attempt at a hat so far...IMHO of course.

Did you leave the tinfoil insert inside?

Calling Mr Al Ojeda...Al Ojeda...reception please Mr Al Ojeda...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats