Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
J.T.Marcus said:
Today, after reblocking; lower crown, less taco shape to the brim.

P1070647.jpg

Here's what the crease looks like. A diamond with a dome. (I'm doing it dry, so it's still a work in progress, but you get the idea.)

P1070650.jpg

I couldn't begin to think what you might do with that but WOW!! FanTAStic job!!
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
SHAZAM!

I bought two hats about two nights ago and both arrived today already. I'm real happy with this one - whatever it is. Check the remnants of an imprint inside the crown and tell me if you recognize what maker this might have been. [huh]

Except for some pulled stitches and some wear on the unreeded and wide sweat band, this is in perfect condition. Heather blue/grey. I think it's an oldie too.

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

???
DSC_0044.jpg

Oh, and check the stitching around the raw brim edge:
DSC_0018a.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Now, I'm not sure what to think of this one.

Vintage Sovereign Stetson Twenty. Perfect condition. Mode Edge and beautiful copper ribbon.

So what's the beef? 3" brim all around and a really full crown. This hat is BIG! I think it's eatin' me alive... lol

I have not yet smoothed out the ribbon or introduced a little divot in the top center of the crown but here it is to get the idea:

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

rlk

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
SHAZAM!

I bought two hats about two nights ago and both arrived today already. I'm real happy with this one - whatever it is. Check the remnants of an imprint inside the crown and tell me if you recognize what maker this might have been. [huh]

Except for some pulled stitches and some wear on the unreeded and wide sweat band, this is in perfect condition. Heather blue/grey. I think it's an oldie too.

Very similar texture and proportions(shape and ribbon) to my Algerian Stetson. I love the color.
Obviously from Wisconsin but thats all I can get from the label. All the blue and green hats seem to be your size.
3427117054_353ab47e32.jpg
DSC_0020.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
SHAZAM!

Very nice looking hat Gene! The cities listed are from Wisconsin. Reminds me of the Mallory I got a while back but the oval outline from the tip doesn't match. Sorry...[huh]

Oh yeah, I think the Stetson Twenty looks good on you!

B

HarpPlayerGene said:
Now, I'm not sure what to think of this one.

Vintage Sovereign Stetson Twenty. Perfect condition. Mode Edge and beautiful copper ribbon.

So what's the beef? 3" brim all around and a really full crown. This hat is BIG! I think it's eatin' me alive... lol

To echo buler ... It looks great on you. You're just accustomed to seeing yourself in a hat with smaller dimensions.

You're getting some steals, man. That one is five times the hat you'll find off-the-shelf at your typical hat shop these days, at one-fifth the price. There is indeed an upside to an economic downturn, eh?

Bingles

A-List Customer
I love this pic! The whole look is awesome. I've been watching the movie "Catch me if you Can"... and you look like you just stepped off the set! The MadMen have nothing on you!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

bloodandmood said:
I got this NOS Stetson Ivy League in the mail today, it's a real beauty...

and of course I had to do a self photo shoot to show it off.

QUOTE]

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, rlk, buler and tonyb for chimin' in.

The blue one does look a lot like your Stetson, rlk. I wonder if "Mond-du-Lac" imprinted under the town names is any clue to the maker?

I do like the Stetson Twenty and yes, Torpedo, I have been seeking a Mode Edge for some time. It's the only fedora I have with a brim actually bigger than the Flagship. I thought the FS was my limit but I'll try to let this one grow on me. I think I need to do some workouts to build up my shoulders... lol

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Fond-du-Lac is another town in Wisconsin
HarpPlayerGene said:
Thanks, rlk, buler and tonyb for chimin' in.

The blue one does look a lot like your Stetson, rlk. I wonder if "Mond-du-Lac" imprinted under the town names is any clue to the maker?

Torpedo

One Too Many
HarpPlayerGene said:
I do like the Stetson Twenty and yes, Torpedo, I have been seeking a Mode Edge for some time. It's the only fedora I have with a brim actually bigger than the Flagship. I thought the FS was my limit but I'll try to let this one grow on me. I think I need to do some workouts to build up my shoulders... lol

Hi, I think it is more about the crown, but the brim adds up, too. Maybe it is just because it is a size larger than you use? If the hat's dimensions are already "pushing the envelope", it being a little big can worsen the effect.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Torpedo said:
Hi, I think it is more about the crown, but the brim adds up, too. Maybe it is just because it is a size larger than you use? If the hat's dimensions are already "pushing the envelope", it being a little big can worsen the effect.

You are absolutely right. Most 7s are actually a little snug on me and most 1/8s are loose. This one fits very comfortably with its 7-1/8 tag but it is contributing to the 'Great Big Hat on a Skinny Guy' situation. :p

Torpedo

One Too Many
J.T.Marcus said:
Today, after reblocking; lower crown, less taco shape to the brim.

Here's what the crease looks like. A diamond with a dome. (I'm doing it dry, so it's still a work in progress, but you get the idea.)

I like it better now, even considering it is a "draft". I think you would need the imposing physique and the dressing style of the gentleman in the red shirt with cattle skulls to pull off the hat as it came. ;)

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
HarpPlayerGene said:
...the 'Great Big Hat on a Skinny Guy' situation. :p

Gene, I think it's just a matter of what people get used to seeing you in, and what you feel comfortable wearing. We're used to seeing you in big brimmed fedoras and you look good in them, probably partly because you look confident wearing them. Having said that, stay away from Homburgs - no amount of confidence will help us skinny guys in that situation.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I posted this natural Miller milan earlier when I first received it for Miller Hats, but I wanted to post it again now that it's new again and improved. When I got it I PM'd RBH to ask him what he did to his to make it look so much better than mine. He told me and then said if I would send it to him he would shape it for me. Well, of course, I jumped at the chance and sent it off. I came back to me looking like a fedora instead of a straw hat. Thank you, Rusty! I surely do appreciate your kindness and my improved Miller milan.

I also appreciate the friendships I've found here on the lounge and the love for fedoras I've developed over the last year and a half or so. My closet is filling up fast. :D

IMG_1237.jpg

IMG_1238.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner