Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
WOW, this Miller Milan looks fabulous on you BobC, and you are looking very handsome wearing it sir! I've become a fan of the Miller milan...

BobC said:
I posted this natural Miller milan earlier when I first received it for Miller Hats, but I wanted to post it again now that it's new again and improved. When I got it I PM'd RBH to ask him what he did to his to make it look so much better than mine. He told me and then said if I would send it to him he would shape it for me. Well, of course, I jumped at the chance and sent it off. I came back to me looking like a fedora instead of a straw hat. Thank you, Rusty! I surely do appreciate your kindness and my improved Miller milan.

I also appreciate the friendships I've found here on the lounge and the love for fedoras I've developed over the last year and a half or so. My closet is filling up fast. :D

IMG_1237.jpg

IMG_1238.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
FABULOUS on you b&m, what great photos here too!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

bloodandmood said:
I got this NOS Stetson Ivy League in the mail today, it's a real beauty...

and of course I had to do a self photo shoot to show it off.

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

anyone know about this model of stetson? The patina on the hat box leads me to believe it is at least 30 years old. But the hat just looks too new.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Gee, Bob, that Milan could not possibly be any better.

Rusty, you have a real eye for shaping these things. I can't get over how good a Milan looks after you worked your magic.

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
BobC said:
I posted this natural Miller milan earlier when I first received it for Miller Hats, but I wanted to post it again now that it's new again and improved. When I got it I PM'd RBH to ask him what he did to his to make it look so much better than mine. He told me and then said if I would send it to him he would shape it for me. Well, of course, I jumped at the chance and sent it off. I came back to me looking like a fedora instead of a straw hat. Thank you, Rusty! I surely do appreciate your kindness and my improved Miller milan.

I also appreciate the friendships I've found here on the lounge and the love for fedoras I've developed over the last year and a half or so. My closet is filling up fast. :D

Bob - that hat looks great on you!

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks all of you, JT, Mrs. Carey, Gene and Scott. Rusty really made a world of difference in the look of this hat. I wasn't all that crazy about it before Rusty's conversion, but now I like it a lot. Heck, I don't know what he did to it, but it even fits better. Thank you, Rusty!

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Two today from an antique extravaganza.

Champ thin ribbon, 5" crown bashed and 2 3/4" brim. $8.
1940sChamp001.jpg

1940sChamp002.jpg

1940sChamp003.jpg

Early Stetson derby with low crown, vent holes in crown and bow on the right side instead of left. $15.
earlyStetsonderby001.jpg

earlyStetsonderby002.jpg

earlyStetsonderby003.jpg

earlyStetsonderby004.jpg

earlyStetsonderby005.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!

Picked up a few things yesterday including 2 hats. A panama and a Sachsel fedora.

Can anyone tell me what type of weave the panama is? It has a pretty decent weave count and is in very good condition.

B

yesterday.jpg

weave_1.jpg

weave_2.jpg

weave_3.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
Sachsel

Here is the Sachsel I got yesterday. Liner tip just says "Since 1890 Sachsel" and the sweatband has "Stephen H. Sachsel 35N. Wells Street Chicago" and "Custom Made". No other marks or tags. Interesting ribbon edge. I'm not sure if that differenct color is intentional or fading. I don't think its fading because its the same color along the whole edge of the ribbon and bow.

The brim overwelt is also interesting. Looks kind of "cheap" from above, but the stitching used doesn't show through from below the brim.

B

sachsel_1.jpg

sachsel_2.jpg

sachsel_3.jpg

sachsel_4.jpg

sachsel_5.jpg

sachsel_6.jpg

sachsel_7.jpg

sachsel_8.jpg

RBH

Bartender
BobC said:

IMG_1237.jpg

IMG_1238.jpg
:eusa_clap It looks great on you Bob!!!!!:eusa_clap
Glad you like it!

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
carouselvic said:
It is not a Panama. It is a Buntal of some kind.

That's right! I wanted to zero in on this one and then I'll go back and address some other posts later...

Parabuntal, Balibuntal... ???? It all makes my head swim and I can't find any real experts on these but they are great straw hats.

Search for threads about "Parabuntal" and threads by Al Ojeda who has one or two beautiful ones.

I can't understand why these hats don't get the 'love' like the Panama straw hats do. These are handwoven also and real impressive, light, supple hats usually.

That one looks super!

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
thunderw21 said:
Two today from an antique extravaganza.

Champ thin ribbon, 5" crown bashed and 2 3/4" brim. $8.

1940sChamp003.jpg

Early Stetson derby with low crown, vent holes in crown and bow on the right side instead of left. $15.
earlyStetsonderby001.jpg

THAT's the way to buy 'em, if you can. A vintage Champ - that FITS - for $8. Wonderful!! :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav