Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Stetson Premier Milan 2-Tone Porkpie

3652199254_cd4e6e1985_b.jpg
3651398127_9252db8fbf_b.jpg

3652199982_c28c169053_b.jpg

3651404307_b47df24f3a.jpg
3651397771_85b97c650f.jpg

This hat looks like new and has a 2"wide sweatband. The brim is 2-3/8" and the crown 4-1/8".

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Cavanagh Westerner

3651396841_6d187fb873_b.jpg

3651396561_905124d559_b.jpg

3651396247_f7d94c885f.jpg

Cavanagh Westerner from the Roundup Collection. Again, like new. Relatively modern, when did they put the Cavanagh label on Western Hats? Thick and stiff brim but quite soft surface. $55.00 price on tag $35.00 BIN.
I suppose this is really a Resistol with a fancy label.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
rlk said:
Cavanagh Westerner from the Roundup Collection. Again, like new. Relatively modern, when did they put the Cavanagh label on Western Hats? Thick and stiff brim but quite soft surface. $55.00 price on tag $35.00 BIN.
It appears the store closed in 2007, so it's at least two years old.
That hat looks pretty new, but could be from the 70s, I guess.

Here's info on the store:
http://www.roanoke.com/business/wb/141353

Here's a link to where I posted my western Cavanagh:
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showpost.php?p=783991&postcount=346

rlk

I'll Lock Up

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
rlk said:
I suppose this is really a Resistol with a fancy label.

Ah, so you're the one who got it! I sent the seller a message, asking for a shot of the inside. I was 99% sure this hat was made in Garland, Texas, post-1972, but I had a nagging doubt that said "What if it's '60s?" Of course, you snagged it before she could get me the photo, but that's fine, I'm glad a Lounger got it.

Yes, essentially, it's a Resistol with a Cavanagh brand on it.lol '70s or '80s hat.

I tell ya, seeing "Cavanagh Hats, New York" on a western just doesn't seem right. Like the old Pace Picante Sauce commericals, "New York City?!?!?"

Brad

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Dobbs 20 with Fabric wrapped sweat

I have more pics in a different thread. This Dobbs has a leather sweat covered with fabric. It is original and faintly has the Dobbs logo. Also it was once a Guild Edge, but sadly was altered along the way and is now the smallest brim I own at 2 1/4". But the felt is great and I got it for $35 on EBAY. Probably is from the late 1940s to early 1950s.

IMG_0020.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
Good day

2 boxes came in the mail today. One had 9 of these. I've got some brushing to do. My oldest daughter thinks I've lost my mind.

B

goodday.jpg

Goose.

Practically Family
buler said:
2 boxes came in the mail today. One had 9 of these. I've got some brushing to do. My oldest daughter thinks I've lost my mind.

B

Well, I think your daughter is lucky to have a father that appreciates the beauty in what many take for granted. Impressive.

Here is my Pinewood Derby entry posting after your NASCAR line up...

One box with one hat...the unbashed Federation IV Deluxe in Heritage Fawn next to my Fed IV Standard in Tawny Fawn for shade comparison.

571298961_HdQha-M-1.jpg

BobC

Wow, Goose, those two are closer than I would have thought. I have a heritage fawn Fed IV Dlx and seeing them side by side, I think I made the right choice between the two of them. Looks like the HF is a little more brown.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Goose. said:

Well, I think your daughter is lucky to have a father that appreciates the beauty in what many take for granted. Impressive.

Here is my Pinewood Derby entry posting after your NASCAR line up...

One box with one hat...the unbashed Federation IV Deluxe in Heritage Fawn next to my Fed IV Standard in Tawny Fawn for shade comparison.

571298961_HdQha-M-1.jpg

Goose - you're the man! That's exactly the box I'm waiting for, so I'm guessing it should arrive any day!

Thanks for posting -it's a beauty!

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Gee Whiz! You guys have been hard at it. Mondays aren't so bad with scores like these huh?!

That Wegener is my kinda' style in a fedora. What a beauty!

rlk, that two-tone is so YOU. Show us how it looks on you when you get it, OK?

The Cav' western, kao's Dobbs, Goose's Fed' and Buler's batch o' hats; all wonderful.

Hey buler, was it you I was teasing about being a rookie!? Forget that, man!

Bolthead, good to see you at The Lounge, buddy.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
OK, so I don't want to be left out. Sometimes you just gotta' buy a hat y'know?

The other day I was saying to some friends that I never find any hats in local thrift stores. Today I found this for $7:

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

No evidence of having ever been worn. Felt is in perfect condition and innards are almost perfect. Fits me comfortably even though it's a 7-1/8 LO. And when I compare it to a Silverbelly OR, it has a decidedly green shade to it. :)

I grabbed it earlier and then had to run to work. I'll get some daylight shots tomorrow.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
buler said:

B

goodday.jpg

Good to see you got it, buler. I watched that one, interested in the Cavanagh Derby. Please post photos when you can! It looked like a later model, but still interesting nonetheless.

Brad

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
HarpPlayerGene said:

The other day I was saying to some friends that I never find any hats in local thrift stores. Today I found this for $7:

DSC_0008.jpg

Very nice color - good score. So the long oval allows you to wear a larger hat? I've only had two, but that's been my experience also.

I agree about that Wegener - nothing not to like about that hat.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
ScottF said:
So the long oval allows you to wear a larger hat?

Not necessarily. I happen to actually be a 7 Long Oval and some 7s are too snug. Sometimes 7-1/8s seem two sizes too large. This one must run a little on the smaller end of 7-1/8 and the LO conforms to my head shape anyway.

Warbaby

One Too Many
HarpPlayerGene said:

Now that's a a super thrift store score! Big-time congrats on that find!

Mr. Paladin

HarpPlayerGene said:

Very nice Gene! I'm partial to cattlemen's creases and that looks like a really nice hat. I've never heard of Kevin St. Andrew....is my hat-ucation lacking?

BobC

HarpPlayerGene said:

I grabbed it earlier and then had to run to work. I'll get some daylight shots tomorrow.

Nice buy, Gene. We need more thrift stores and antique shops here. I never find anything like that.

I'll be interested in the daylight shots of that one. I can sort of pick up the green tint in the pictures you posted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner