Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Torpedo

One Too Many
This thread is highly addictive. One sees all of you sporting nice hats on your grinning heads... And one feels the urge. Just one more hat... I promise... :eek:

This is the latest addition to my stable... a Steele & Jones, Indy style, semi-custom hare fur felt hat, model Viajero 1936.

dsc0523z.jpg

(More info and pics in the relevant "Indy hats post'em up" thread).

Regards!

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
HarpPlayerGene said:
... Today I found this for $7:

DSC_0008.jpg

No evidence of having ever been worn. Felt is in perfect condition and innards are almost perfect. Fits me comfortably even though it's a 7-1/8 LO. And when I compare it to a Silverbelly OR, it has a decidedly green shade to it. :)

I grabbed it earlier and then had to run to work. I'll get some daylight shots tomorrow.

Gene, I don't know how to tell you this, but that hat neither fits you nor suits you. The best you can do is to post it in the classifieds and hope someone like me will mercifully take it off your hands, for maybe twice what you paid for it. :rolleyes:
Seriously: :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Torpedo said:
This thread is highly addictive. One sees all of you sporting nice hats on your grinning heads... And one feels the urge. Just one more hat... I promise... :eek:

This is the latest addition to my stable... a Steele & Jones, Indy style, semi-custom hare fur felt hat, model Viajero 1936.

It is indeed addictive, especially when I see something as nice as your Steele & Jones. Love the tall crown and other proportions.

RBH

Bartender
Torpedo said:

dsc0523z.jpg

(More info and pics in the relevant "Indy hats post'em up" thread).

Regards!
Very nice!:eusa_clap

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
J.T.Marcus said:
Gene, I don't know how to tell you this, but that hat neither fits you nor suits you. The best you can do is to post it in the classifieds and hope someone like me will mercifully take it off your hands, for maybe twice what you paid for it. :rolleyes:

Heh, heh, heh.... :D

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Paladin said:
Very nice Gene! I'm partial to cattlemen's creases and that looks like a really nice hat.

Thanks fellas. Yes, I think I'll leave the crown alone. After coaxing the front brim down a bit though, this hat has something of a "You inna heapa' trouble" vibe to it that you'll probably appreciate, Mr. P. :D

DSC_0011.jpg

Here's the color as it sits between a silverbelly Open Road and a natural Playboy:
DSC_0003-1.jpg

Indirect sun:
DSC_0004-1.jpg

Direct sun:
DSC_0005-1.jpg

Oh yeah, and its a 3X:
DSC_0007-1.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I found another one that's too small for me this past weekend.

I've never heard of this model.

DSC_0013-1.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0011-1.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0006-1.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0003-1.jpg

Tomorrow, I'll edit the post to add a photo of the original $15 price tag - the high price for the top end of the Lee line.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Interesting color, Gene. The green seems to be more apparent when you picture the hat alone. When next to the others it still looks green but less so. It's still a good looking hat though. If it fit me, I'd offer to triple your investment. Where else can you get that done today? :D lol lol lol

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Lefty said:

DSC_0003-1.jpg

Tomorrow, I'll edit the post to add a photo of the original $15 price tag - the high price for the top end of the Lee line.

That is a super-sweet hat - good trade-bait.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:

DSC_0013-1.jpg

The Edgelee was Lee's hat with a Cavanagh Edge, so this kind of fits that same naming convention - Boundlee for bound edge. Bit of a stretch, but it makes sense to me.

I'll have to look at my Edgelee ad, but I think it was 1953.

Brad

airforceindy

One of the Regulars
Old Resistol; First True Vintage Buy!

Here's my newly acquired Resistol, from a former COW member. Sadly he passed away, and his collection was made available to members as a legacy sort of thing. Not sure the model...
3657942339_58b93760e6_o.jpg

3657942415_ed4cfff606_o.jpg

3657942191_e742594647_o.jpg

More pics in a new thread...

-AFI

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner