Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yahoody

One Too Many
Last week's 4.5" brim. This week's 5" brim. 6" crowns on both. Color is "ash". 4.5" took an hour to shape. The 5" was a mess when it arrived in a box that was too small for the brim. It took 4 hrs and most of my hatter's tools to get something decent I would actually wear. Some times even simple isn't easy :confused:.

4.5"
IMG_E2431 (2).JPG

5"
IMG_E2429 (2).JPG

Last edited:
Cavanagh Stingy Brim - Light Tan 7 1/4

DC50CF2C-5C22-4358-B3FF-636E749A23ED.jpeg

Cavanagh Stingy Brim - Light Tan 7 1/4
4 1/2 to 3 1/2 rakish crown as shaped
2 inch black grosgrain ribbon
1 3/4 brim with Cavanagh

Though I was expecting a 6 7/8 or 7... This “small” Cavanagh stingy brim with Cavanagh edge turned out to be 7 1/4. Even with its actual slightly larger size... it kinda fits fairly well. I’m thinking because it it just so soft it kinda forms to my head... more so than being on the small side. This little hat does have a bit of personality as it seemed to prefer this rakish crease going from 4 1/2 to 3 1/2 in the back. It does have a few moth bites here and there including a bit larger one toward the back of the underside of the brim. But nothing that stands out much or goes too deep. The sweatband is soft and malleable. As it is a little large... we’ll see if this one sticks around or not.

6CAB4C96-3659-4AB7-AB93-E17F0CA2A276.jpeg
0E544176-4D3D-4059-8200-875589F558A4.jpeg
048EA0ED-C88C-4644-A327-CC8976ABF2CE.jpeg
D381C759-188C-4D7E-AB47-C38B1C0004C3.jpeg
83B33A0E-8A3A-4C9A-939D-D33F2CE569E5.jpeg
750E50CD-1DB9-481E-9A68-01105F6294A5.jpeg
8C51F345-C12B-43F5-BE9B-E12DD98F8FF0.jpeg
914BFD8E-3EE2-4007-9151-E11642FB5D1E.jpeg
27540AA0-C41F-4AB2-A82E-F0FE1AC0AE2C.jpeg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Just won this at auction. Have no idea what size it is. I generally keep my eye open for Texas football-related stuff (not the U of Texas - that was just bad luck!). I no longer have an OR, so if it fits I'll wear it. Might even wear the badge.

"1960 Cotton Bowl (Syracuse vs. Texas) fedora and ticket stub with "Official" badge (VG-EX/MT) Includes like new fedora by Davis Hats" which has "Cotton Bowl Syracuse vs. Texas 1960" stamped inside and there is a Cotton Bowl illustration printed on the silk lining; original ticket stub which has one lower corner torn off and some other light wear; undated "Cotton Bowl Stadium Official 104" button/badge."

917.jpg

Just won this at auction. Have no idea what size it is. I generally keep my eye open for Texas football-related stuff (not the U of Texas - that was just bad luck!). I no longer have an OR, so if it fits I'll wear it. Might even wear the badge.

"1960 Cotton Bowl (Syracuse vs. Texas) fedora and ticket stub with "Official" badge (VG-EX/MT) Includes like new fedora by Davis Hats" which has "Cotton Bowl Syracuse vs. Texas 1960" stamped inside and there is a Cotton Bowl illustration printed on the silk lining; original ticket stub which has one lower corner torn off and some other light wear; undated "Cotton Bowl Stadium Official 104" button/badge."

917.jpg
Nice

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Al... this shirt is a favorite. My Charlie Harper (Charlie Sheen) Two and a half men shirt. LOL

Hi, I remember reading that Charlie HATED those shirts, but I thought he wore them pretty well. They looked sort of like Bowling shirts, and Charlie didn't bowl. He wore them like an Impolite hand gesture to the rest of California. Bowling Shirt, shorts, with white socks, rich and therefore cool as heck.
Later

Hi, I remember reading that Charlie HATED those shirts, but I thought he wore them pretty well. They looked sort of like Bowling shirts, and Charlie didn't bowl. He wore them like an Impolite hand gesture to the rest of California. Bowling Shirt, shorts, with white socks, rich and therefore cool as heck.
Later
Haha. Definitely suited the character. A sort of “I’m rich.. I don’t care... I can wear what I want.” Attitude he had. I didn’t watch the show too much though that style shirt surely became a part of pop culture via Sheen. Funny in life when you begin to hate what you are known for.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here

917.jpg

Scott, great to see you posting! Its been too long, man. You have / had one of the best collections on the lounge.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Very cool!

917.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ