Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
BobC said:
IMG_1266.jpg

I emailed the seller to let her know it was green and she thought it was quite hilarious that I thought the gray hat she sold me was green. This is my first green hat....totally by accident!

That Borsolino looks great Bob! Super buy and great work from Optimo.

Mr. Paladin

Chiliarches said:
Greetings. I have introduced myself elsewhere on the FL, but this seems like a thread that people read and I have something to post on it. :)
June%2029%20003.jpg
/QUOTE]

Welcome Chili! You wear that hat very well and it looks like it is just your style. Come around often and...bring more hats!

Mr. Paladin

mayserwegener said:
It has some very pliable / lush dark green felt (soft to the touch) and green sweat. Stingy with taper but I actually find I wear more shorter brims because they fit my life style better.
3675457511_bc499f61a4_b.jpg

I really like the felting on that hat and the color is a really nice green. I would need a bigger brim but if you are a stingy wearer, its got to be a prize. I generally only see you in homburgs.

Mr. Paladin said:
I really like the felting on that hat and the color is a really nice green. I would need a bigger brim but if you are a stingy wearer, its got to be a prize. I generally only see you in homburgs.

The felt is really nice. The pic doesn't give it true justice. Most of my hats are in 2inch brim range. I am in my car a bunch so I just find them more practical. I guess I need to post more pics with them on my head. I do have a few Homburgs. :)

feltfan

Thanks for the explanation on green fedoras, HPG and Bob.
I never noticed that green fedoras were uncommon. I seem to
have accumulated a few.

I'm somewhat famously color-challenged, I admit. That said,
I have a hard time figuring out what to wear with a green hat.
So mine don't get out much.

That is, indeed, a nice Borsalino.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
BobC said:
I emailed the seller to let her know it was green and she thought it was quite hilarious that I thought the gray hat she sold me was green. This is my first green hat....totally by accident!

It looks gray to me also. Is this pic really indicative of its color? If so, all of my gray hats are green.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Feraud, that is wonderful. I remember seeing one of those in an old movie and thinking, "I've got to get one of those." Took a couple years of searching and playing 'Bid-N-Lose' before I obtained my first. Some real nice old examples have come into the hands of our members lately. I like yours and I'll bet you too are pleased. Do you have that brim tamed a little?

Feraud

Bartender
Thanks Harp. I too have wanted one for a while but kept losing auctions. Persistence, luck, etc. have paid off and I am very happy with this one. There are no breaks in the straw and the sweatband is perfect. The only issue is some slight soiling but I know I can work that out.
Yes, I have tamed the brim a bit. :)

BobC

ScottF said:
It looks gray to me also. Is this pic really indicative of its color? If so, all of my gray hats are green.

It's a pale green. The ribbon is definitely green. I can see that it looks gray in my pics, but it is definitely green.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
It's a pale green. The ribbon is definitely green. I can see that it looks gray in my pics, but it is definitely green.

But is it decidedly and incontrovertibly 100% absolutely certain and true that it's positively and unequivocally green without any doubt? ;)

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
It's like Bob's green hair. He's a punk rocker y'know.

:D

---------------------

Actually, I'll bet that Borso' is like a couple of green hats I've got. Subtle, muted. More green in person but grey-ish in pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925