Post New Hats Here!

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Rundquist, May 4, 2004.

1. Rmccamey

Rmccamey My Mail is Forwarded Here

Enjoying mild weather here in Central Texas in my new Spring Aire Ultralite from Wolfbrae Custom Hatters. Notice the vented sides and top. This is one really "cool" hat!

Wolf 10.jpg Wolf 11.jpg Wolf 1.jpg Wolf 9.jpg

2. Lobo Rojo

Lobo Rojo New in Town

IMG_0682.JPG Akubra Woomera in Santone Fawn that I gave the Charley Waite treatment with an aftermarket leather and snakeskin hatband. IMG_0675.JPG IMG_0675.JPG IMG_0676.JPG IMG_0675.JPG IMG_0676.JPG IMG_0677.JPG IMG_0678.JPG IMG_0679.JPG IMG_0680.JPG IMG_0674.JPG IMG_0681.JPG

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021

3. Nice! That’s a lot of crown to work with but you have it shaped where it all looks balanced. A Woomera is on my list.

4. Lobo Rojo

Lobo Rojo New in Town

Hello Brent,

Thanks Compadre . I pored over pictures for guidance in shaping it and am pleased with the results. It was on my list too. Jumped on a good deal on it from Everything Australian.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  5. Blare

Blare I'll Lock Up

That’s a fine hat indeed.

Zombie_61 likes this.
  6. Blare

Blare I'll Lock Up

Rmccamey and Zombie_61 like this.
  7. Rmccamey

Thanks Joe.

Blare likes this.
  8. Just A Hat Rack

Just A Hat Rack Practically Family

Charley Waite's hat has long been a favorite of mine. Nice work.

Lobo Rojo, Blare and Zombie_61 like this.
  9. Steve1857

Steve1857 I'll Lock Up

Rmccamey, Zombie_61 and Blare like this.
  10. Steve1857

Steve1857 I'll Lock Up

I picked this one up last week via Facebook Market Place. The second of two top hats I bought and also in the category of "hats that don't fit". I wanted it in the collection though for other reasons. More in the Toppers Unite thread.
    P.S. the head came with it :) IMG_20210416_212012.jpg

11. Lobo Rojo

Lobo Rojo New in Town

Gracias Compadre!

Just A Hat Rack likes this.
  12. Rmccamey

A summer hat was my target, Steve. Great toppers you've picked up recently.

Steve1857, Zombie_61 and Blare like this.
  13. Daniele Tanto

Daniele Tanto My Mail is Forwarded Here

I wrote a small sign that I stuck in the bookcase in front of my desk, it says: "do not buy hats other than your size".
    [​IMG]
    This is also the purpose that for some years I have been making when I meet hats that I can buy, but the desire to buy is stronger than me when I find hats like this
    [​IMG] Thibet Feutre Castor in black, size 56 cm, probably made in the Thirties by that great producer, on behalf of third parties, who was J&B (Jean Bourrel)
    [​IMG]
    The hat presented has a particularity for a European hat of that time: it clearly bears the origin of the felt which is referred to as a beaver
    [​IMG]
    Difficult to find before the Second World War.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The brand and name of the shop were embossed into the leather of the sweatband and colored in gold, never seen on a Thibet
    [​IMG]
    These are the measures of Thibet. the brim are at 4.8 cm. the open crown is at 13.5 cm. and the ribbon, again with its basting stitches, is 4 cm.
    [​IMG] The felt is light and a little bit rough at the touch
    The hat arrived well at the threshold of one hundred years without any particular signs, except for some signs of use inside. I know and I'm happy to say: I'll make some fellow loungers happy

14. Daniele Tanto

Daniele Tanto My Mail is Forwarded Here

This is the brother, of the same size, with which the Thibet arrived from France. To tell you that for both of them I would like them to be my size is superfluous :)
    [​IMG]
    Flechet Premiere Marque in velour size 56, the color is black
    [​IMG]
    The manufacturer's brand is the old one, over the years it will change always keeping the red color
    [​IMG] Here it is in the version before the Second World War and certainly the hat was made after 1931 because the lining specifies a manufacturer's award won in that year.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Brand and hat shop were embossed in gold on the sweatband as its brother Thibet
    Another curiosity are the labels under the sweatband, both are old style and the price was FF185
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The velvet is fantastic and well preserved, the moths have limited themselves to a few bites under the brims.
    [​IMG]
    The measurements are as follows: the raw brims are at 5. cm and the open crown is at 13.5 cm. the ribbon is 4 cm.
    [​IMG]
    I tell myself every time to let go of the hats out of my size, then when they arrive I get excited to see finds from a world that has almost completely disappeared

15. Zoo

Zoo Familiar Face

Just arrived and unboxed, a new Akubra Bowler.
    IMG_20210422_100149603.jpg

16. Steve1857

Steve1857 I'll Lock Up

Thanks Randy.

17. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

Very nice. We don't see too many of those.

Blare, Lobo Rojo, Zombie_61 and 2 others like this.
  18. Steve1857

Steve1857 I'll Lock Up

Two excellent finds, Daniele. Congrats. No one could have walked away from those despite the size. I'm looking forward to seeing which lucky lounger gets to have and wear those two wonderful examples of a bygone era.

Daniele Tanto, Blare and Zombie_61 like this.
  19. alanfgag

alanfgag

Two wonderful finds, Daniele. Is it possible to find a manufacturing label in the Fléchet? I've always had some doubt about the age of the NOS velour hats RLK purchased years ago (I have one) and never noticed the award years imprinted on the crown liner, which is the same as yours.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. johnnycanuck

johnnycanuck Call Me a Cab

Great look to the hat. I will give a warning. If you live in a dry climate it can wreak havoc on snake skin. In Alberta I have seen more than one pair of snake skin boots flake and get ruined by drying out. But it is a great looking hat and really suits you.
    Wear it in good health
    Johnny

Blare and Lobo Rojo like this.