Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SGT Rocket

Practically Family
AlanC said:
Let's try this:

<embed src="http://img90.imageshack.us/slideshow/smilplayer.swf" width="426" height="320" name="smilplayer" id="smilplayer" bgcolor="FFFFFF" menu="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" flashvars="id=img90/8601/1208913812wt0.smil"/>
<br/><a href="http://imageshack.us/slideshow/index.php">Go to ImageShack® to Create your own Slideshow</a>

Thanks AlanC!

I'm going to do a lot of practicing with placing picks on the site so I can get at least a little more proficient. Man, I'm fairly good with databases so I though posting a pickk would be easier than this. How embarrasing! :p

MississippiLong

One of the Regulars
SlyGI said:
Thanks AlanC!

I'm going to do a lot of practicing with placing picks on the site so I can get at least a little more proficient. Man, I'm fairly good with databases so I though posting a pickk would be easier than this. How embarrasing! :p

you may not be able to post pictures until you've had over a certain number of posts. Your at 27 now, I think 50 is the magic number, but I'm not sure on this. Give it time, then post away.

MD11

Familiar Face
Stoney said:
MD11,

Both of your hats look very sharp. Who did the work, if you don't mind?

Stoney, so sorry for the late response, so rude of me.. I didn't subscribe to the thread I guess.. Anyway, I took them to Az-Tex in Phoenix, and actually I've since had the black one re-blocked and had the brim trimmed to a more "Indiana Jones" looking Fedora style.. I'm thinking of doing the same with the lighter one next..

I'll post pictures when I get the chance..

thanks again

Sam

GWD

One Too Many
Nice Grey Dobbs Milan

This one arrived this afternoon.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

It appears to be brand new. I can't find any signs of wear.

GWD

One Too Many
Thanks Guys, This one was listed as "Tan" but the pictures looked grey to me so I took a chance and it paid off.

vonwotan

Practically Family
My Latest from Art

:D
Here are some photos of my latest, a lightweight felt, from Art.

Mr Thoreau expresses thoughts on Arts talent:

I fear chiefly lest my expression may not be extra-vagant enough, may not wander far enough beyond the narrow limits of my daily experience, so as to be adequate to the truth of which I have been convinced.​

2442845927_8a7ef7c0f7.jpg

2443674220_0d308cc625.jpg

2443674396_8b186c84fa.jpg

2442846149_c57b80d32c.jpg

Perhaps one of our more savy denizens can tell me why some of my photos show up in my posts and others only as links. I follow the same process for each, copying and pasting the flickr link into the Insert Image dialogue box. I've never been able to figure out why this process seems so inconsistent...

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
vonwotan said:
Perhaps one of our more savy denizens can tell me why some of my photos show up in my posts and others only as links. I follow the same process for each, copying and pasting the flickr link into the Insert Image dialogue box. I've never been able to figure out why this process seems so inconsistent...

Your link has to end in .jpg for it to show up here. Just remove the '?v=0' from the end of the links and you should get this:

2442845927_8a7ef7c0f7.jpg

Is that another overwelt from Art? He's outta control! Great hat.

vonwotan

Practically Family
Alan,

Thank you. I had a feeling it would be something relatively simple...

Yes. This is another overwelt from Art. I think the overwelt is wonderful on a lightweight!

AlanC said:
Your link has to end in .jpg for it to show up here. Just remove the '?v=0' from the end of the links and you should get this:

Is that another overwelt from Art? He's outta control! Great hat.

Day_late said:
The mailman just delivered my new Diamante from Panama Bob.
I'm really happy with the hat. It's nicer quality than I expected and delivery was quicker than I expected. It needs to be a little warmer to wear it here in Puget Sound, and I can't wait!

Regards,
Warren

C'mon Warren, it got up to 60-some degrees today and I didn't have to switch on the windshield wipers even once! We're about ready to bust out the sunscreen and the Foster Grants.

Day_late

New in Town
C'mon Warren, it got up to 60-some degrees today and I didn't have to switch on the windshield wipers even once! We're about ready to bust out the sunscreen and the Foster Grants.

It was beautiful by late morning, but my day started at about 40 degrees. Had my Tilley's chin strap cinched down, and wore more layers than you'd expect for the last weekend in April.

MississippiLong

One of the Regulars
:eek:fftopic:

Wesne said:
Whether it's intended or not, what this says to me is basically, "We don't really give a %$#! about your new hat but if you feel you really must post about it, post it here so it doesn't detract from the forum any more than is absolutely necessary."
:eek: :eusa_doh:

I, for one, I love this thread. I don't think of it as a way to "detract from the forum" but as a concise and easily accessible way to see new hats....I've seen, in my short time here, many hats in this thread which (the same day, or soon after) become the topic of their own individual threads. There is no reason to take offense, especially if the whole point of this thread is effeciency! Please post your new hats here, and start a new thread if the experience is particularly interesting to members of the forum. I see it as a way to share your new hats in a thread where NEARLY EVERY MEMBER HAS SUBSCRIBED! So you may lose some of the in-depth analysis many of the members can give on a certain hat, but isn't that what PM's and new threads are for? Noone has said this is the ONLY PLACE to show new hats. my 2 cents.

GWD

One Too Many
MississippiLong said:
:eek:fftopic:

:eek: :eusa_doh:

I, for one, I love this thread. I don't think of it as a way to "detract from the forum" but as a concise and easily accessible way to see new hats....I've seen, in my short time here, many hats in this thread which (the same day, or soon after) become the topic of their own individual threads. There is no reason to take offense, especially if the whole point of this thread is effeciency! Please post your new hats here, and start a new thread if the experience is particularly interesting to members of the forum. I see it as a way to share your new hats in a thread where NEARLY EVERY MEMBER HAS SUBSCRIBED! So you may lose some of the in-depth analysis many of the members can give on a certain hat, but isn't that what PM's and new threads are for? Noone has said this is the ONLY PLACE to show new hats. my 2 cents.

I agree! This thread is intended as a "Hat Museum" in which members and non members can peruse see many different styles in one convenient place.

Nigel

One of the Regulars
Vintage Open Road

OK then I finally got an OR. I just happened upon it when scouting for straw western on OFAS, I spotted it in a pic and went to the sellers other items, lo and behold an OR. Got it for the princely sum of $20:) The pics were a bit fuzzy , the description says they think it's from the 40's or 50's (it has a brown leather sweatband) but for the price I figured it was worth a punt, even if it turned out to be a newer model. The pics are from the seller but I will post better ones when it arrives. On another note my first Campdraft has arrived, well sort of, it's waiting for me to collect from the PO as there is a customs fee to pay:rage: :eusa_doh: Oh well can't win 'em all.
a864_1.JPG

b0c7_1.JPG

3fe3_1.JPG

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Nice OR, Nigel. I'd probably say 1950s, maybe very early 60s because of the liner and sweatband. Looks like a winner!

thunderw21 said:
I just won this tonight on the Bay. It's rough looking, needs a good brushing, blocking and a steam but I have a good feeling about it.

vintage Mallory

Looks to be a light-weight/summer hat from the 1930s/early 1940s.

I finally recieved the brown light-weight Mallory I won on ebay. Rough, very dirty and dusty but a winner.

As it was when it came:
vintageMallory.jpg

Right now it's drying on the block:
vintageMallory002.jpg

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
And here's that same Mallory after drying and a quick bashing. I kept the original center crease and dents. It has a 2 7/8" brim and around a 5 inch open crown. Originally $7.50 according to the price tag under the sweatband. Cheers!

vintageMallory003.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW