Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Looks great, Marcel. I'd say that time frame was about right.
Stefan is great at finding and selling hats on to his fellow Loungers. He's also very generous in his tips.

I don’t know about this…I’ve been waiting for a size 62cm pre-war Borsalino western with a 4” brim for years now from @steur and still nothing. He trips over them all the time but he just won’t send one my way. What’s up with that?

Recent find.
Crosby and Company bowler. Size 7 1/2 (60) with the brim at 5,5cm and the crown at about 12,5cm, which is slightly lower than usual. Pre-war, made for Kaufman. Great hand to the felt. A few loose stitches, but in great shape.

crosby_01-jpg.369737
crosby_02-jpg.369738
crosby_03-jpg.369739
crosby_04-jpg.369740
crosby_05-jpg.369741
crosby_07-jpg.369742
crosby_08-jpg.369743
crosby_09-jpg.369744
crosby_10-jpg.369745
crosby_13-jpg.369746
Cool sweat stamp

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
This Borsalino has a troubled history. It arrived with others a few years ago, I was ensnared by a beautiful lobbia, also of the same brand and I bought a small lot.
Borsa Panna 1.jpg

The lobbia was almost in order, the others, all Borsalino of various sizes, seemed to have been stored under a steamroller. Together, with the others, it left to be put together and I almost forgot about it.
Borsa Panna 2.jpg

Now it's back and it was a great surprise.
Borsa Panna 3.jpg

Borsalino Qualità Superiore size 58 which, unlike the usual, fits well to my size of 59.5.
The color is a number as well as the model, it is therefore a relatively modern Borsalino sold in Munich - Germany.
Borsa Panna Interno.jpg
What immediately stands out about this Borsalino is the beautiful "Panna" felt with the slightly contrasting trimmings, the low ribbon and its shape.
Borsa Panna 4.jpg

The internal measurements are 20x16 centimeters. It looks great now!
The measurements of this beauty are: brims, hemmed with the same color of the ribbon, at 7 cm., the ribbon is 1 cm and the crown at the lowest point is 11 cm.
Borsa Panna 5.jpg

It is a silent find surfaced in these days

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Thanks to a tip from Stefan @steur i bought this black Barbisio. It's in a very great condition. According to the seller it's from the 60's. Who knows?
I'm very pleased with it..... View attachment 370932 View attachment 370933 View attachment 370934 View attachment 370935 View attachment 370936 View attachment 370937 View attachment 370938 View attachment 370939 View attachment 370940 View attachment 370941
Good to see a nice hat saved. I think the cellophane coverings in the liners disappeared by the mid-sixties. So could be early sixties or even late fifties.

I don’t know about this…I’ve been waiting for a size 62cm pre-war Borsalino western with a 4” brim for years now from @steur and still nothing. He trips over them all the time but he just won’t send one my way. What’s up with that?
I use them for storing 4 or 5 of my other hats in!:D

Cool sweat stamp
Thanks, Joe.

This Borsalino has a troubled history. It arrived with others a few years ago, I was ensnared by a beautiful lobbia, also of the same brand and I bought a small lot.
View attachment 371382
The lobbia was almost in order, the others, all Borsalino of various sizes, seemed to have been stored under a steamroller. Together, with the others, it left to be put together and I almost forgot about it.
View attachment 371383
View attachment 371384
Borsalino Qualità Superiore size 58 which, unlike the usual, fits well to my size of 59.5.
The color is a number as well as the model, it is therefore a relatively modern Borsalino sold in Munich - Germany.
View attachment 371385 What immediately stands out about this Borsalino is the beautiful "Panna" felt with the slightly contrasting trimmings, the low ribbon and its shape.
View attachment 371386
The measurements of this beauty are: brims, hemmed with the same color of the ribbon, at 7 cm., the ribbon is 1 cm and the crown at the lowest point is 11 cm.
View attachment 371387
Beautiful. Even though it's modern it still has the classic look. Nice colour as well.

Borsalino came in today. Colour olive according to the inside tag. It's just as new. Beautiful hat, i'm very pleased with it. And it fits perfectly! View attachment 371609 View attachment 371610 View attachment 371611 View attachment 371612 View attachment 371613 View attachment 371614 View attachment 371615 View attachment 371616 View attachment 371617
Can't beat that for the money for sure. Quite early as well, likely late forties or early fifties. Great find.

Pristine Royal Stetson Stratoliner. Was advertised as a much larger size than what arrived. The shipping cost was more than the price of the hat, so it isn't a big loss and my 9 year old daughter now has a new Strat
View attachment 371819 View attachment 371820 View attachment 371821 View attachment 371822 View attachment 371823
Not many 9 year olds can say that and it will put her on the right track for sure. So, still a great find, Dave.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
For the series "Beautiful and impossible" this is the chapter one"
Cambiaghi_20_1[2].jpg

In the second wave of hats from Mantua and surroundings, not as high as the first, but very interesting, there are candidates for the category mentioned above.
Cambiaghi 20 3.jpg
Giuseppe Cambiaghi - Monza size 54 or 3 1/2 France scale and 6 3/4in the USA.
Cambiaghi 20 interno totale.jpg

Probably built in the early years of the last century as per details and interior.
Cambiaghi 20 5.jpg

The felt is almost exclusively woven in wool for a final effect of heather with blue and gray tones.
Cambiaghi 20 6.jpg

The shape is imposing and the bow is on the back, the brims are over-stitched.
Cambiaghi 20 8.jpg

It arrived in good condition and, luckily for us collectors, it remained on the shelves of some shops near Mantua.
Cambiaghi 20 interno parziale.jpg
In the lining there is the mark of Giuseppe Cambiaghi that mentions the "Grand Prix" won and the newest is from 1902, so that is an indication of a possible construction.
Cambiaghi 20 marchio.jpg
Cambiaghi 20 taglia.jpg
The measurements are as follows: the brims are 7cm, the ribbon, still with the basting, is 5cm and the crown, at the lowest point, is 12cm.
Cambiaghi 20 9.jpg

On the one hand I am happy to have found it, on the other I regret it is so small, but alas there are others that go to reinforce the series of "Beautiful and impossible"

View attachment 371382
View attachment 371383
View attachment 371384
View attachment 371385 What immediately stands out about this Borsalino is the beautiful "Panna" felt with the slightly contrasting trimmings, the low ribbon and its shape.
View attachment 371386
View attachment 371387
Such a lovely color Danielle. The felt seems to be just luxurious!

Borsalino came in today. Colour olive according to the inside tag. It's just as new. Beautiful hat, i'm very pleased with it. And it fits perfectly! View attachment 371609 View attachment 371610 View attachment 371611 View attachment 371612 View attachment 371613 View attachment 371614 View attachment 371615 View attachment 371616 View attachment 371617

Nice to see a pristine oilskin liner on this one. There is just something about the quality of this era.

For the series "Beautiful and impossible" this is the chapter one"
View attachment 371986
In the second wave of hats from Mantua and surroundings, not as high as the first, but very interesting, there are candidates for the category mentioned above.
View attachment 371987 Giuseppe Cambiaghi - Monza size 54 or 3 1/2 France scale and 6 3/4in the USA.
View attachment 371988
Probably built in the early years of the last century as per details and interior.
View attachment 371989
The felt is almost exclusively woven in wool for a final effect of heather with blue and gray tones.
View attachment 371990
The shape is imposing and the bow is on the back, the brims are over-stitched.
View attachment 371991
It arrived in good condition and, luckily for us collectors, it remained on the shelves of some shops near Mantua.
View attachment 371994
In the lining there is the mark of Giuseppe Cambiaghi that mentions the "Grand Prix" won and the newest is from 1902, so that is an indication of a possible construction.
View attachment 371995
View attachment 371996
The measurements are as follows: the brims are 7cm, the ribbon, still with the basting, is 5cm and the crown, at the lowest point, is 12cm.
View attachment 371997
On the one hand I am happy to have found it, on the other I regret it is so small, but alas there are others that go to reinforce the series of "Beautiful and impossible"
Love a back bow hat. The finish and color of this one is super.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Such a lovely color Danielle. The felt seems to be just luxurious!

Love a back bow hat. The finish and color of this one is super.
Thanks Michael.
The Borsalino will worth the work to be a wearable hat.
The Cambiaghi is one of the most ancient and interesting hat made in Italy by a not well know producer I have in my collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ