Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dreispitz

One Too Many
Levallois said:
New old Optimo in Skyline blue just scored off of ebay for less than half of what they cost new. The darn thing is pristine - doesn't look like it was ever worn. Forgive me if you've seen this posted in another topic.

Optimo2.jpg

I was also very much tempted to go for this one. Went for a straw with gray pugaree, instead.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
vintage Edwardian straw

Did the main restitching early this morning. Still have a couple of the leaves to stitch back in place.

A good shot for showing the crown of the hat
370944460.jpg

the under brim is black straw, also wearing my vintage Edwardian eyeglasses
370944535.jpg

chanteuseCarey said:
Did the main restitching early this morning. Still have a couple of the leaves to stitch back in place.

the under brim is black straw, also wearing my vintage Edwardian eyeglasses[/CENTER]

Fantastic!

CRH

Call Me a Cab
chanteuseCarey said:
370944535.jpg
[/CENTER]

Wow! That whole outfit is just stunning. You have romantic notions of the time period, and so do I ;).

You see, both my Grandmothers, 'Gramma' and 'Nan Nan', used to tell us wonderful stories about growing up in the horse and buggy days - days when mostly everyone wore hats.

Gramma often said "hold on to your hats" when riding in a car while leaving a parking space. It was a phrase from her father that just stuck with her.

"Hold on to your hats"!

"Giddyup!"

warmentrout

One of the Regulars
I haven't posted pics in awhile, camera problems, but I have acquired a few hats since my last pics. So, here is the beginning of catching up

My first Borsalino; It is a dusty green, velour finish, very, very soft and has XX in the front of the sweatband. It looks as if it has never been on anyone's head , ever. I love the hat but I'm curious where this hat fits in the quality hierarchy of Borsalinos

hats2012.jpg

hats2011.jpg

hats2010.jpg

hats2005.jpg

hats2007.jpg

hats2008.jpg

warmentrout said:
I haven't posted pics in awhile, camera problems, but I have acquired a few hats since my last pics. So, here is the beginning of catching up

My first Borsalino; It is a dusty green, velour finish, very, very soft and has XX in the front of the sweatband. It looks as if it has never been on anyone's head , ever. I love the hat but I'm curious where this hat fits in the quality hierarchy of Borsalinos

That is a great Borsalino. I love the color and velour finish. I am not sure where it fits in the hierarchy but it appears to be of super quality. Some wider shots of the liner and sweat and some pics of the paper labels might help with dating. By the way what size is it?

warmentrout

One of the Regulars
mayserwegener said:
That is a great Borsalino. I love the color and velour finish. I am not sure where it fits in the hierarchy but it appears to be of super quality. Some wider shots of the liner and sweat and some pics of the paper labels might help with dating. By the way what size is it?

Thanks all! It is a 7 1/2, which is a little big for me, I'm between 7 3/8 and 7 1/2. But I cut a 1 in. wide strip out of a cereal box about 24 in. long and tucked it behind the sweat and it gets it snug enough to not wobble on my head. I'm finding I prefer a hat to fit loose. They seem to "settle" onto my head better and are more comfortable than if it is a little snug to start with.

Lexybeast

A-List Customer
Posted this in the Optimo thread, thought I'd show if off here too... just had this rebashed to restore it to its higher crowned glory.

609455255_nxtRp-M.jpg

609454623_hRpea-M.jpg

609455669_tHCHK-L.jpg

Chiliarches

A-List Customer
suitedcboy said:

Wow! That is a nice Stetson and the box appears to be in good condition too. That was a bargain.[/QUOTE]

I was actually the one who returned that...I felt that the "only light wear" description was pretty inaccurate (though perhaps that betrays my ignorance in hats)...plus it was pretty stiff, which I don't prefer. For $30, maybe you'll like it.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Lexybeast said:
Posted this in the Optimo thread, thought I'd show if off here too... just had this rebashed to restore it to its higher crowned glory.

609455255_nxtRp-M.jpg

Wow. I really like that one. The warm, rich color of the hat goes so well with the black ribbon. The bash is pure class and I really dig that bow. Love it! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou