Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

duggap

Banned
indycop said:
I can't wait to put some sabers on it! I wish I had something with CSA on it.:D
I hate to tell you this, but that thar dat burn hat you got is a yankee hat. You could get shot wearing that thing down south. (Really is a nice hat, by the way).:D

indycop

I'll Lock Up
duggap said:
I hate to tell you this, but that thar dat burn hat you got is a yankee hat. You could get shot wearing that thing down south. (Really is a nice hat, by the way).:D
She ain't blue, she's black and the south wore any color hat they could get including straws.;) If someone did try somethin they would get more than they bargained for!;) :p :D

duggap

Banned
indycop said:
She ain't blue, she's black and the south wore any color hat they could get including straws.;) If someone did try somethin they would get more than they bargained for!;) :p :D
Man I am glad you straightened that out. We were worried for you.:D

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
truffaux said:
Worsk fine from this end - just google 'truffaux' and that should get it
Link worked fine for me. Best effort so far to promote hats
to a younger crowd- good luck to you.

So what do you mean by "Panama straws"?
Straw from the country Panama, straw in the Panama style from the
country Ecuador, or ...

I don't see any wide brim options? Looks like you use ribbon rather
than soft leather for the sweatband?

indycop said:
...the south wore any color hat they could get including straws.;) ...
The soldiers who needed another hat would get up next to passing trains & when gentlemen would stick their heads out of the train car windows to see & wave at the troops, the soldiers would knock the hats off their heads with tree branches, hoping to get one near their size!!!! Color hardly mattered.

My new Buckaroo...

It came in last night from Major Mike & being passed around like a cheap saloon girl by those whose name will not be mentioned. Specifics & detail photos in the Major Mike tribute thread...
buckfs01.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
gtdean48 said:
It came in last night from Major Mike & being passed around like a cheap saloon girl by those whose name will not be mentioned. Specifics & detail photos in the Major Mike tribute thread...
buckfs01.jpg

That hat looks GREAT on you, Dean - and it kind of has the look of having already been broken in somehow... [huh] :rolleyes: :D

klind65

One of the Regulars
Custom Hat

Hello. I have a custom milliner in Michigan who makes marvelous men's hats - Bowlers, Top Hats and of course, Fedoras. I imagine she could even design any hat your imagination could come up with. genaconti.com. Feel free to tell her Miss Lindstrom recommended you. Bon Chance!
Kind wishes, klind65

Gusman

New in Town
French Hat

Hi all,

I'd like to share with you all my 2nd hat I've bought. I bought it on my holiday in France in a so called "Chapellerie" in La Rochelle. It's a hat manufactured in France with the brand name "Crambes". It seems to be a rather big hat manufacturing company as they produce 1500 hats per day => http://www.crambes-hats.com (sorry not to much English language on French websites :eusa_doh:). The hat is also crushable, water repellent and has the same characteristics as the "Vitafelt" hats from Stetson.

Enjoy,

Gusman ;)

Here are some pictures of my new hat:

crambes1.JPG

crambes2.JPG

crambes3.JPG

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
gtdean48 said:
buckfs01.jpg

Looks great, sir; but it somehow looks..used....

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Salisbury-Jacobsen, Newark

3775361421_6b2807ce2b_b.jpg

3775361631_14ee2e9526_b.jpg

3775361823_69f4a1bf39_b.jpg

3775360515_823d1c749e.jpg
3776167050_6187b4e16c.jpg
3775361003_4306eae752.jpg
3775403883_4bfe7243e9.jpg
3775467325_d96a0cb27a.jpg
1908 NYTimes Obit.
chamber-detail.jpg
C.1928 Photo
3777149162_569657fee7_o.jpg

2-3/8" brim 5-1/2" crown. Looks like new other than a few tiny moth nips. Anyone care to guess its age?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou