Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
6 Borsalino's arrived.

Excellent haul Marcel!

Be careful … they can start to pile up. This is from the last few days. All but one will go back out the door to fund another pile. More pics to come after some cleaning and steaming. Almost all were packed like sardines and the six that came in the Mallory box are covered with either glitter or the remains of some long ago disintegrated vintage cellophane.

6CC3479E-8E52-4364-904F-F5FC64F61BBC.jpeg

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Excellent haul Marcel!

Be careful … they can start to pile up. This is from the last few days. All but one will go back out the door to fund another pile. More pics to come after some cleaning and steaming. Almost all were packed like sardines and the six that came in the Mallory box are covered with either glitter or the remains of some long ago disintegrated vintage cellophane.

View attachment 423070
That looks like one great haul from you too, Bob.

Pellie

One Too Many
Excellent haul Marcel!

View attachment 423070
That's also a haul :)
Congrats..

Last edited:
Seven hats in a day!
Colour me jealous!
Same here! I'd be lucky to get seven hats in a year. And not quality hats either--cheap junk or woolies.

:confused:

Prince & Co Top Hat arrived today.

View attachment 423160

I'm thinking, try to bash the left side brim up rather than fix the right side down...
Hard to tell from the photos which would be the right approach, but I'm pretty sure I agree with you about how best to "correct" the brim. At the very least, I'd bet you'd be the only person at any event in a top hat with the "fenders" up. Who knows? Could be the start of a whole new trend! ;)

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Hard to tell from the photos which would be the right approach, but I'm pretty sure I agree with you about how best to "correct" the brim. At the very least, I'd bet you'd be the only person at any event in a top hat with the "fenders" up. Who knows? Could be the start of a whole new trend! ;)
Thanks Z. Think I'll go for that :)

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Bates Weekender. Size is 62cm or 7 3/4 US. The felt is surprisingly thin, dense, and moldable. It dry creases easily enough and it has a nice hand. I’m impressed with the felt. The raw edge brim is two inches wide and the open crown is approximately 5 1/4 inches and has moderate taper.

View attachment 423375 View attachment 423376 View attachment 423377 View attachment 423378 View attachment 423379 View attachment 423380 View attachment 423381
Nice find, Brent. Definitely a hat for a weekend night out at the local jazz club.

Mallory Homburg, arrived today. Big thanks to Brent @deadlyhandsome for sending it my way.

View attachment 422636

Very soft putty like felt. Still playing around with the overall shape and bash. Love the dimensions.

View attachment 422637

Was drawn to it by the shape and colour, and especially by the ribbon treatment.

View attachment 422639

Intriguing logo under the Mallory name. Was this some kind of advertising link back in the day? Doesn't seem to have anything to do with the hat:

View attachment 422640
The sweat is thin, soft, supple, and thus very comfortable.

All in all, I'm going to get a lot of hat mileage out of this one.

View attachment 422641
WHoa, that's a fantastic homburg, Steve. I really like homburgs with a different colour scheme. Great shape too.

Wegener "Extra", 58 cm, probably early 1950s. The Felt has a great finish and easily dry creases. The paper label is missing but there was 1953 newspaper spacer behind the Sweatband. The Liner has piping which I haven't seen on a Wegener. The Wegener stamp on the Sweatband is also unique.

52045963668_9c6f78bb05_h.jpg

52045914906_8d548ad2ee_h.jpg

52046179564_5219939b1a_h.jpg

52046429855_bd36e68536_h.jpg

52046177519_b595e3a689_h.jpg

52044878987_74229c193e_h.jpg

52046174629_5d8cb38266_h.jpg
Nice find, Steve. Looks like the brim curve is not as tight as one might expect from a homburg. It leans towards the camber style in that way. I like the look of that.

Very early 1900s Top Hat.

I used to live on a side street to this down town Copenhagen main street, Vesterbrogade.

Still trying to find info about Albert Nielsen's establishment.

I now have a line up of Top Hats waiting to be posted in the Toppers Unite thread. Promise I'll get them posted soon.

View attachment 422864 View attachment 422866
The height and the brim curl on this one are stunning. Great find!

Also received this Hückel today. The spots on the left side of the hat is just moisture, because i changed the brim a littlebit. I think today is a good day :)
View attachment 422985 View attachment 422986 View attachment 422987 View attachment 422988 View attachment 422989
Great haul, Marcel, especially the earlier Borsalinos. Now you know how a collection can quickly run into the hundreds:)

Excellent haul Marcel!

View attachment 423070
You're living the life, Bob. You get to handle all these hats, bring most of them back to life and get to keep the very best ones: how nice is that !?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran