Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

warmentrout

One of the Regulars
More catch up pics

A "Heading West" from San Fransisco

hats2024.jpg

hats2025.jpg

hats2023.jpg

Anyone ever heard of this brand ? Is it a "store brand" ? It seems to be decent felt and well constructed. I did cut the brim down by about an inch.

Kreissaege

One of the Regulars
warmentrout said:
My first panama, from Panama Bob. It is his least expensive model. I got good advise from a fellow lounger and went this route before spending serious money on a panama. Even though it an entry level hat it is still very consistently woven and consistent color, at least as far as my novice eye can tell. I did change the ribbon to a narrower one. I think it makes it look a little taller.

Nice hat!
Now, if this is an ecuador blocked quarto fino, I would like to see a pic of the hat on your head. Just to judge how mine will have to look like if its reshaped to a long oval.

ValEag

One of the Regulars
Vintage Dobbs

Picked up this Dobbs this week - more pics are in the ebay thread.

IMG_1185.jpg

I have to admit when I first put this stingy brim on, the first word that came to my mind was 'dork'. After wearing it most of the day today, either I've grown to like it or I don't mind looking like a dork, haven't decided yet. Any comments about the hat and my potential dorkiness are welcome.

IMG_1267.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1273.jpg

IMG_1268.jpg

pplepic

Familiar Face
Dobbs

I have a Dobbs just like that with a 2" brim and love it. It's a Twenty 6-7/8 Long Oval and looks and fits great. Looks great on me and looks great on you. At least I think so.:D

Chiliarches

A-List Customer
Pinzano "Panama"

Number two in the ongoing photograph series of all my new hats.

Cheapish hat - plastic sweat, rough weave, stiff straw, and I paid too much for it...but it's hot as heck up here right now and it's my only straw. I do like it, but I still need a good panama.

100_1302-1.jpg

Incidentally, I have concluded that Pinzano is not a real company name...not only can I find no information on it at all, but I found a beat up straw hat in an antique shop that had a very similar sticker on the inside of it (similar coat of arms) and the same kind of plastic sweat...but was called something else that I'd never heard of. I'm guessing some hat company makes inexpensive hats under a variety of exotic-sounding names.

...correct me if I'm wrong.

- Cross posted in the "What Hat Are You Wearing Today" thread-

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Chiliarches said:
The first in the upcoming photograph series of my new hats. It's a bit faded (purplish/brownish grey instead of pure grey) and it's got a nice moth divot on the brim...but it's my new favorite.

100_1296.jpg

Nice Adam, Chili. Good look on you.

warmentrout

One of the Regulars
More Catch up Pics

A knox 25 very nice felt. The first hat I won off Ebay that I didn't have to do anything to except bash it. It is a charcoal brown color. The pics don't show the true color accurately. About 4 1'4 in. crown, 1 3/4 in. brim and 2 in. ribbon, cavanagh edge.

The Ebay pics

knox2-1.jpg

knox1.jpg

knox5.jpg

knox3.jpg

The after pics

hats2026.jpg

hats2027.jpg

hats2028.jpg

munchausen

One of the Regulars
My first Cavanagh!!!

A black Cavanagh thirty five in a 7 1/2. Looks to be in pretty good nick, too and cheap. It's exciting, I get a Cav edge.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190326016740&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&salenotsupported

Pics will be posted when it arrives.

On a side note, I was surprised that the brown one was going for so much, but I guess I've read enough on here that black hats tend to be more difficult to match. But the black was a thirty five and I'm not sure the brown was of similar quality (but then again I am still new at this). Thank goodness I like my black suits.

Cheers

Chiliarches

A-List Customer
Whippet-ish Dalton

Number three in the ongoing photograph series of my new hats.

Got this one from Australia. It is a dark, warm, smooth-devil's-food-cake brown with a burgundy ribbon...much darker and smoother looking than the photos suggest. It has similar dimensions to my Whippet, but the felt is much softer - their "Premier" quality, wherever that fit into the company's hierarchy.

100_1321.jpg

100_1318.jpg

100_1323.jpg

This one is murky, but it gives the best idea of the color -

100_1319.jpg

Here it is on me ...which elicited two "cowboy" responses today. Hmmm.

100_1333-1.jpg

I lightened/brightened this photo to make the crease visible.

- Partially cross posted in the 'What Hat Are You Wearing Today?" thread -

Chiliarches

A-List Customer
jimmy the lid said:
Looks great, Chiliarches! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

RBH said:
Very nice!!!:eusa_clap

ScionPI2005 said:
VERY nice Chiliarches! :eusa_clap

elvisroe said:
Nice hat man! I like the dimentions - What's the width of that brim?

Mr. Paladin said:
Nice Adam, Chili. Good look on you.

Thank you for the kind words, gents. Like I said, it's my favorite...I'm even toying with the idea of having a VS made along the same dimensions, so I have a pristine version.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou