Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
AMAZING! Thats some "Bulerin'"! Despite the less attention-grabbing color the Vagabond is the standout on your head.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great lids for a much deserved collector. Nice stuff, Gene! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Welcome to the Colombo Club, Gene! I recognized that hat from the very first photo. That makes three of us now, I believe, counting Douglas and me. Did I leave anybody out?

And the others are incredible finds, too.:)

Brad

Garrett

Brad Bowers said:
Welcome to the Colombo Club, Gene! I recognized that hat from the very first photo. That makes three of us now, I believe, counting Douglas and me. Did I leave anybody out?

And the others are incredible finds, too.:)

Brad

I sold a Colombo to Anon. Great lids! Perhaps he will be kind enough to ply us with photos.

RBH

Bartender
HarpPlayerGene said:
And last; WOOOHOOOO - I got a Vagabond. Been wanting one ever since I first saw Douglas in one. Mine's not in perfect shape but pretty good and I'm happy.

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg
WELCOME to The Society Of Vagabonds!!!!
I love that opne Gene. 'aint the felt something on them?

Be sure to post a shot in the Society thread!

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=42504&highlight=vagabond

By the way the others are great too!

buler

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
And last; WOOOHOOOO - I got a Vagabond. Been wanting one ever since I first saw Douglas in one. Mine's not in perfect shape but pretty good and I'm happy.

DSC_0003.jpg

Gene, we've seen you in a lot of hats.... but that one is perfect on you!

Congrats on the finds.

B

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Truly amazing score, Gene. Congrats, my friend! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

All of these lids are wonderful. That Colombo is really something -- and I love that Borso hat box, as well! ;)

Cheers,
JtL

Spats McGee

One Too Many
HarpPlayerGene said:
Thanks, fellas! I've got the right group of friends here to properly appreciate them. Wouldn't be a fifth as fun without the Lounge!!
But it'd still be fun with a fifth!

Oh, and we're called "enablers." ;)

Mr. Paladin

HarpPlayerGene said:
DSC_0003.jpg

Gene, every one of those is a winner, but I do really like the Vagabond. You look great in it; its your style!:eusa_clap

marvelgoose

One of the Regulars
Vintage is great, but the hat guys need us to buy new ones from time to time, too!

I bought one of the custom Stetson Chathams at Bencrafterhats.com. It is a standard Chatham with an extra wide brim - 2 3/4". Gives the hat a real 40's look. I would have never have found this if I had not hit the advertiser link at FL. They got Stetson to give them an exclusive.

Here is the overhead which shows the hat

Chatham%20Overhead.jpg

And here is the smile and the bowtie that goes with it. That rich chocolate is hard to make out but it gives you the silhouette.

082109_0742.jpg

It is really too hot to wear this in Georgia. It will get to sit in the box until we get a good hurricane to cool things off.:eek:

Mr. Paladin

marvelgoose said:
Vintage is great, but the hat guys need us to buy new ones from time to time, too!

It is really too hot to wear this in Georgia. It will get to sit in the box until we get a good hurricane to cool things off.:eek:

Agreed as to point #1.

As to point #2--Don't look toward the Atlantic now, but...:D

Nice Chatham by the way. I have one in mink, like yours I believe, from the Outlet in Garland, Tx. It is also a 2 3/4 " brim and I wear it a lot; very soft and supple felt but the crown is a bit too short. Don't care, I like it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum