Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Paladin said:
I do really like the Vagabond. ...its your style!

Thanks again, folks.

Yes, that Vagabond just took right to me. The brim doesn't even distort around in the back like most fedoras do on my lumpy head. Nicki noticed that and said, man, that's YOUR hat. I am really jazzed.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
DSC_0003.jpg

You lucky ba***rd! Those are some seriously gorgeous hats, but the Vagabond really wows me! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

billysmom

One Too Many
Garrett-the-Enabler

Unfortunately for my willpower (and my checkbook!), Garrett and I wear the same hat size. In the last week he tempted me with the following lovelies and they all came to my house today:
Mallory.jpg
Mallory Ten
Borsowithfur.jpg
Venerable Borsalino that will add just the right touch to my collection of vintage fur coats. (Rather hot taking this image today!)
boater3.jpg
Really cool boater that's just the thing to top off a black linen suit
Barbisio.jpg
Barbisio velour that will be smashing for the symphony this winter.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
billysmom said:
Unfortunately for my willpower (and my checkbook!), Garrett and I wear the same hat size. In the last week he tempted me with the following lovelies and they all came to my house today:
Mallory.jpg
Mallory Ten

Wowza. That lid looks great on ya. A fedora really does look magical on a woman.:eusa_clap

rlk

I'll Lock Up
billysmom said:
Beautiful range of choices. I see you are now beyond recovery.:D That boater looks very familiar...
3631777778_7cd44ab9f9.jpg

billysmom

One Too Many
Thanks, Bart. You are a true gentleman.

Oh - and here's the tan Borsolino that arrived yesterday from eBay. Did some preliminary creasing on it.
Tanborso-1.jpg

It's a good thing my husband just acquired a collection of WWII-era movie cameras or I'd really be the victim of some teasing. ;)

billysmom

One Too Many
Gene - That is a fabulous hat and it looks incredible on you. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

marvelgoose - I love it! The color's terrific on you. I, too, can't wait for crisper weather so I can move from straws to felts.

Sue

CRH

Call Me a Cab
HarpPlayerGene said:
CRH said:
lol
The "eat" part was more a reference to the fact that my baby actually encourages me to get more hats instead of gripin' about it. She's a sweetie!

THANKS A LOT. Just rub it in will ya :mad:...

Actually, a good woman love's a man's passion

and visa versa

I happen to have some passions myself

and a good woman too :D.

:cheers1:

CRH

Call Me a Cab
handlebar bart said:
.... A fedora really does look magical on a woman.:eusa_clap

Wow, hb, you really do know how to talk to chics, man ;).

I must show this to my wife. She will dig it!

Keep it com'n, billysmom :eusa_clap.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
CRH said:
Wow, hb, you really do know how to talk to chics, man ;).
I must show this to my wife. She will dig it!

Keep it com'n, billysmom :eusa_clap.

My wife would disagree with you wholeheartedly about that. lol We were penpals for 4 years........you would think I could've convinced her to marry me quicker. But there is something about ladies in fedoras

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
late 1940s Stetson Mode Edge

I can't compete with Gene, but here's my latest arrival. The good news is that it really is a Mode Edge, has a fantastic sweatband, has incredibly soft 3x felt, and it fits me perfectly. The bad news is it needs major work.

It's a very nice bluish-grey. This is the best I could prep it for 'before' pics, but looking forward to showing a rejuvenated version tomorrow:

StetsonMEFrontBef.jpg

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
billysmom said:
Mallory Ten
Venerable Borsalino
Really cool boater
Barbisio velour

Maam, those are some excellent choices for you. I can identify with the checkbook issue...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara