Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nicolas jones said:
Hello,

This is my first post here.

Here are my fedoras, what do you think of these?
All of them have a leather sweatband.

You may notice that those are inspired by Indiana Jones' Fed.

The red/brown hat
3438180796_b8fff619b5.jpg
3437370779_3fd255656f.jpg

Regards,

Nicolas

Those look very good in the photos Nicolas. I particularly like the red-brown model and its snazzy-tied bow.

Welcome to the Lounge and show us some of the inside shots as well.

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Nicolas jones said:
Hello,

Here are my fedoras, what do you think of these?
All of them have a leather sweatband.

You may notice that those are inspired by Indiana Jones' Fed.

Very impressive! The reddish-brown fedora is my favourite! Thanks for sharing..

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Mr. Paladin said:
Those look very good in the photos Nicolas. I particularly like the red-brown model and its snazzy-tied bow.

Welcome to the Lounge and show us some of the inside shots as well.

That IS a cool-looking hat!

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
HarpPlayerGene said:
FanTAStic looking hat, Scott! I like the way you operate, pal. :eusa_clap

Thanks Gene - I was describing your latest big find to my girlfriend as we were walking to the antique store. So I think your luck rubbed off on me a little.

redhawks2

One of the Regulars
My newly acquired Adam 'TEXARKANA' from the bay. It is a very "peachy" tan with a 2-3/4" brim. I believe this is a candidate for an OR clone? The last picture looks like a silver belly color but it is more like the first pic.
adam4.jpg
adam3.jpg
adam2.jpg
adam1.jpg

I'm still getting the hang (or not) of posting pictures.

ValEag

One of the Regulars
Awesome pics

Nice pics today fellas.

Nicholas - very impressive work - welcome to the lounge.

Daizawaguy - great pic as usual - I always enjoy the settings in your pics.

And Redhawks2 - very nice - glad to see those pics!

redhawks2

One of the Regulars
Trying this again...the previous post just disappeared!. Been meaning to post my favourite hat, a Knox 40 westlite in 7-1/4. Smoothest finish I have ever felt on a hat.
knox3-1.jpg
knox2-1.jpg
knox1.jpg

redhawks2

One of the Regulars
Thank you Gene...I have been admiring your acquisitions for some time now. I'm like a Pavlovian dog, as soon as I see your avatar crop up I start salivating because I know something good is coming!

RBH

Bartender
ScottF said:
Here's a 7 3/8 Green Daitoku I picked up in an antique store today. It has a taped sweatband and I believe a real silk liner with plastic cover. Also says 'tokiohats' on sweat. Great quality, but I can't find much information on the company. Any info would be appreciated.

DaitokuSide.jpg
That is nice!!

Nicolas jones said:
Hello,

And my Panama (have to finish it).
3611312844_a5da864de8.jpg

Regards,

Nicolas
Welcome and I love the looks of that panama!

redhawks2 said:
My newly acquired Adam 'TEXARKANA' from the bay. It is a very "peachy" tan with a 2-3/4" brim. I believe this is a candidate for an OR clone? The last picture looks like a silver belly color but it is more like the first pic.
adam4.jpg
That Texarkana is fantastic!!!

munchausen

One of the Regulars
My Lock & Co revisited

This is my first attempt at a refurb. I still have to get the brim right at the front and use some resizing strips, but I changed the ribbon. I also recreased it, but the felt is supple enough to let me without steaming. The brim is just a little wonky. I've steamed and will resteam again to get it right. Might need a naptha bath. It's interesting, lifting the ribbon off to see the original colour of the hat and it's much darker than it is now.

Before (I had already played with the crease, it was a centre to begin with and the pinches weren't so pronounced):
3813165389_f9c9a4f9ae_m.jpg

After:
3851409301_f7205443e1_m.jpg

3852203148_441732a799_m.jpg

Doing up this hat was fun, the stabbing of my fingers with a needle wasn't. I still need to reglue the liner. Am still considering a naphtha bath, but I don't know if the thing is dirty enough to justify it. Maybe it can be one of those hats with "character".

It was definitely enjoyable. I'm sure my wife would rather I had finished refurbishing her great grandmother's furniture, but it's definitely on the list.

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Lookin' good Munchie! Suits you.

I always take my classic acquisitions to my local hatter for a clean and block. They come up looking fresh and clean and all for around $15.

munchausen

One of the Regulars
Thank you!

Ephraim Tutt said:
Lookin' good Munchie! Suits you.

I always take my classic acquisitions to my local hatter for a clean and block. They come up looking fresh and clean and all for around $15.

Say, that's cheap! Thanks for the tidbit, Ephraim. I was afraid to find out how much it would cost to get that service done, given things just seem to cost a little more in Australia.

Maybe I'll ask the City Hatters millener. In case I acquire vintage has which need more TLC than I can give them.

Cheers

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
City Hatters

I'd use any excuse to drop in to City Hatters, Munchie. It's such a great shop downstairs under the Flinders St clock. I was there 3 weeks ago trying everything in site, but it's the atmosphere of that old shop that I love more than anything.

For the non Aussies among us, City hatters is Australia's oldest continuing hat shop and has been in its present wonderful location under the clocks at Melbourne's Flinders St Station since 1910. You gotta drop in there if you're in town. It's an institution.

I'm sure they'll treat your hats well, Munchie. My own local hatter is a few doors down from my office and is a hat officianado who just loves old hats and treats them like precious jewels. His ministrations - and a naptha bath - does wonders.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Resistol Regent(Whippetesque)

3853020508_068ea5bc80_b.jpg
3852229013_3ecebf40f2.jpg
3853020820_89b64b4a11.jpg
3852229295_5b062aa692.jpg
3853021852_a18e3cc3dc.jpg
3852229605_83af05daf2.jpg
3853022136_28fd8efb7c.jpg

Put this on my head and it just kept going. The size tag is wrong, its really a 7-1/2(stamped on underside of sweat) and generous at that. This is a big hat, 6" open crown and 2-3/4" brim. 23-11/16" Circumference(8-1/4"x6-3/4"). Good bit of dust, I think the areas that appear a little lighter would probably disappear with a proper cleaning. The original basher stuffed it low ala Bogart to 4-1/4 at the center front and 4" at the rear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart