Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Roninjedi

One of the Regulars
quickerNu said:
OK guys... who made me spend so much money bidding this up?! I am happy- looks clean, hope I'm not dissapointed.
stetson.jpg

Oh dear! :eek: I'm not certain but, if it's the hat I'm thinking of, that might have been me. I'm so sorry! :eusa_doh: I tend to erase the items I don't win from my 'Bay archives, so I can't be sure. In the last few auctions I made a last ditch effort by bidding just a hair beyond the limit I set myself. Didn't work for any of them since my pockets aren't yet deep enough. Still, it's good to see nice lids go to the kind of people who can really appreciate them. Congratulations!

Pera.T

One of the Regulars
mayserwegener said:
Do they have a website? Be interested in seeing what they have.

Actually decided to take a look myself.

http://www.hillshats.co.nz/
Yes, that website has their full range. No prices, but I think they might sell them through a couple US based websites?

I have a friend who was given one of their felts as a gift, and he said it was around the $300NZ mark (about $220 US at the current exchange rate). I'd rather save another $80 and get an Art Fawcett for that money!!! I do like the look of their 'Mcqueen' model though.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Dunlap Tricolor Stratoliner Clone

Yesterday my vintage Dunlap arrived, hooray!

Incredibly lightweight felt, very thin and soft. The colors are amazing: the felt has a deep charcoal grey, the ribbon, the edge binding and the button of the wind trolley have a nice red/magenta color (albeit slightly faded, especialy on the ribbon), and the cord of the trolley has a blueish tint.

The hat is in immaculate condition and appears to have never been worn. I just gave it a brush and a new crease and that was it.

Brim 2 5/8"
Crown 5 1/2" open, 4 1/2" creased

Anyone willing to make an educated guess about the age of this hat?

dunlap.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
Mario said:
Yesterday my vintage Dunlap arrived, hooray!

Incredibly lightweight felt, very thin and soft. The colors are amazing: the felt has a deep charcoal grey, the ribbon, the edge binding and the button of the wind trolley have a nice red/magenta color (albeit slightly faded, especialy on the ribbon), and the cord of the trolley has a blueish tint.

The hat is in immaculate condition and appears to have never been worn. I just gave it a brush and a new crease and that was it.

Brim 2 5/8"
Crown 5 1/2" open, 4 1/2" creased

Anyone willing to make an educated guess about the age of this hat?

Wow! Thats a beauty, Mario. :eusa_clap
I'd say late thirties, early forties. Please add it to the Dunlap Drive-In

quickerNu

New in Town
Roninjedi said:
Oh dear! :eek: I'm not certain but, if it's the hat I'm thinking of, that might have been me. I'm so sorry! :eusa_doh: I tend to erase the items I don't win from my 'Bay archives, so I can't be sure. In the last few auctions I made a last ditch effort by bidding just a hair beyond the limit I set myself. Didn't work for any of them since my pockets aren't yet deep enough. Still, it's good to see nice lids go to the kind of people who can really appreciate them. Congratulations!

Thanks! The hat just really wanted to be in Central Texas I guess!? If it really looks as good in person as it does in the pics, I will be very happy. I wonder what this website has done to e-bay hat prices...

Spats McGee

One Too Many
quickerNu said:
Thanks! The hat just really wanted to be in Central Texas I guess!? If it really looks as good in person as it does in the pics, I will be very happy. I wonder this website has done to e-bay hat prices...
I don't know about the overall effect, but there's a reason we don't post links to live ebay auctions . . .

billysmom

One Too Many
Schoble Warburton

Recycle! New to me from Garrett:

Schoble2-1.jpg

Schoble3.jpg

schoble1-1.jpg

This is a chameleon green - olive-ish in some lights, blue-ish in others. But always a grand hat! Thanks, Garrett!

Sue

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
billysmom said:
Great find! Congratulations!!!!! Love the pug.

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Sue

Thank you! I forgot to post the dimensions:
crown- just under 5"
brim- 2 3/4"

I like your new hat too, the tall crown is awesome. I'm drooling over it as I type.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
thunderw21 said:
Snagged this at an antique mall today. $55, well worth every cent. Super soft, fits like a dream. :D

That one makes a Gay Prince look rather reserved, but I like it. :eusa_clap

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
That one makes a Gay Prince look rather reserved, but I like it. :eusa_clap

Agreed. And that's tough to do.

Here's what I'm able to find about Bailey of Hollywood.

The Bailey Hat Company was established in Los Angeles, California in 1922 by George S. Bailey. Bailey embraced the exploding growth and excitement of Los Angeles in the 1920's, the heady mixture of oil fields, aviation, land speculation and movie glamour.

Bailey of Hollywood: the proud creator of "classic American men's hats, made for the Hollywood elite since 1922".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart