Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scott Wood

Practically Family
Newest member of the family :)

Just brought home the new baby picked up at the local western wear shop for the whopping sum of $90.00!
A Biltmore Royal, 2 1/2" brim, 4 1/2 crown, 1 3/4 band.

th_100_0134.jpg

th_100_0135.jpg

th_100_0136.jpg

Happy dance in the back yard lol .

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Scott Wood said:
Just brought home the new baby picked up at the local western wear shop for the whopping sum of $90.00!

th_100_0134.jpg

th_100_0135.jpg

th_100_0136.jpg

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Was the store a national chain, or a local shop?

billysmom

One Too Many
Scott Wood said:

th_100_0134.jpg

Awwww! Congrats on the new arrival! Are you handing out cigars?

(It looks great on you, BTW.)

Sue

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A new hat arrived at our house today. When we visited Buckaroo Hatters in July, Major Moore handed me a box of ribbons to look though. I picked this one up or one like it, walked over to his wall of fedora and picked a dark moss hat and draped the ribbon over it. I knew then I had to have a moss green lid with this ribbon. This is what we came up with.

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

The hat has a 6 inch open crown, 2 1/2 inch brim bound with a 9 ligne green ribbon. The crown ribbon has a central burgundy stripe, flanked above and below by black stripes, flanked by green stripes above and below.

Thank you again, Mike. And thank you, Rusty and IC for your input. We did good. I like this hat.

BobC

indycop said:
Looks great Bob! You are starting a collection of striped ribbons!;) Dark Moss is a great color, gonna have to break mine out for Veterans Day.:D

:eusa_doh: I can't afford to start many more collections. :eusa_doh:

Scott Wood said:
WOW! BobC...
That is beautiful

Thanks, IC and Scott. I knew that ribbon would make a good looking fedora. I told Mike I wanted the brim binding to match the felt pretty close. He picked that ribbon, and it does match pretty close. And it matches the green in the crown ribbon pretty close. All in all, a great looking lid, I'd say.

bolthead

wow......

buler said:
Picked up these minty fresh, just out of the box, Knox Twenty's tonight. They are excellent unworn examples. I'll add full detail in the Knox thread tomorrow.

B

twenty_2.jpg
Bill, you're killing me buddy. Where do you find all these gems? :eusa_clap

Mr. Paladin

Scott Wood said:

th_100_0135.jpg

Great looking hat Scott. You wear it well.

Mr. Paladin

BobC said:
A new hat arrived at our house today. When we visited Buckaroo Hatters in July, Major Moore handed me a box of ribbons to look though. I picked this one up or one like it, walked over to his wall of fedora and picked a dark moss hat and draped the ribbon over it. I knew then I had to have a moss green lid with this ribbon. This is what we came up with.

IMG_0085.jpg

The hat has a 6 inch open crown, 2 1/2 inch brim bound with a 9 ligne green ribbon. The crown ribbon has a central burgundy stripe, flanked above and below by black stripes, flanked by green stripes above and below.

Great hat Bob. I love those striped ribbons of yours. That combo of ribbon and color is superb! :eusa_clap

kiltie

Practically Family
Isn't that where Robin Hood lives?

Being a fan of mysteries, whodunnits, caper novels, police procedurals, etc... led me to the purchase of this conversation piece:

IMG_1258.jpg

Got it a couple of days ago, and I'd still like to get one with the more plain rosette on the top. This one is in really good shape though. Not especially old, but certainly classic.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/safdkiltie/IMG_1260.jpg

kiltie

Practically Family
jwalls said:
What's next, kiltie? I know a horseguard helm with the horsetail crest.;)

Heh heh...:eusa_doh:

I've gotta rein it in a bit. I picked this up because it was a good deal on something I've wanted for a while, but I'd really like to score an older fire helmet from the UK.
As of now, though, I'm already about seven bills down: a custom fedora I've got to drop it for, and a fire helmet* I just bought. So nothing too exotic for me for a bit.

*for practical use. One of those things I don't NEED, but HAD to HAVE -you know what I mean? San Antonio issues the traditional style helmets, but if you want a leather one, you have to buy your own. Unfortunately, I recently put one through the ringer and it needed replacing

jwalls

Vendor
I do understand the 'HAD TO HAVE' problem. A man who owns 10 top hat is in position no critcize, my friend.:eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy