Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
St.Ignatz said:
Mr. Paladin said:
A beaut Mr. P. Wear it in health. I've just GOT to get me a smaller head!!!!!

Thank you sir! There are some guys in the South American Amazon region you might talk to about getting it shrunk...:D ; it sure does help in the selection and cash layout categories.

billysmom

One Too Many
Lefty said:
DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

Wonderful!

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Sue

Squaresville

New in Town
Borsalino "Monlov" Homburg

I have come into a Borsalino Homburg, from a friend's father's hat collection. The color, I have learned from this site, is "monlov", a sort of "taupe" (I am colorblind, so don't ask me). There is a price tag of $20.00 still on the sweatband from Rogers & Peet Co. The serial number is 28 23885 (see photo). My friend insists that it had been in the family at least since the mid 1960s. Can anybody estimate the date of this hat? I thank you, even though I am condemned to be square and not even a sharp hat like this can help me.

232323232%7Ffp63242%3Enu%3D32%3A2%3E498%3E2%3A8%3EWSNRCG%3D336%3A%3C2839832%3Bnu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp6323%3B%3Enu%3D32%3A2%3E498%3E2%3A8%3EWSNRCG%3D336%3A%3C2839932%3Bnu0mrj

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Squaresville said:
I have come into a Borsalino Homburg, from a friend's father's hat collection. The color, I have learned from this site, is "monlov", a sort of "taupe" (I am colorblind, so don't ask me). There is a price tag of $20.00 still on the sweatband from Rogers & Peet Co. The serial number is 28 23885 (see photo). My friend insists that it had been in the family at least since the mid 1960s. Can anybody estimate the date of this hat? I thank you, even though I am condemned to be square and not even a sharp hat like this can help me.

232323232%7Ffp63242%3Enu%3D32%3A2%3E498%3E2%3A8%3EWSNRCG%3D336%3A%3C2839832%3Bnu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp6323%3B%3Enu%3D32%3A2%3E498%3E2%3A8%3EWSNRCG%3D336%3A%3C2839932%3Bnu0mrj

Welcome to the Lounge Squaresville.

The hat's a beauty! Any chance of some more shots of the interior - the lining and the sweatband (and any other tags and lables under the sweatband)? It would help give the experts around here a better idea of its vintage.

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
Mr. Paladin said:
Thank you sir! There are some guys in the South American Amazon region you might talk to about getting it shrunk...:D ; it sure does help in the selection and cash layout categories.

Is it any wonder why I look to you for a simple solution to a complex problem? I am forever in your debt sir.
Tom D.

My latest purchase, another Campdraft...

Cookie in Australia made me a great offer on a slightly experienced green Campdraft. He had it tweaked a bit but it came back a touch too larger for his noggin but perfect for mine. It is an olive shade of green, not sure if it is the same as the current Bluegrass Green being offered by EA. I adjusted the teardrop & brim slightly. Will post some more in the Campdraft thread...
cdgreen1.jpg

cdgreen4.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
gtdean48 said:
Cookie in Australia made me a great offer on a slightly experienced green Campdraft. He had it tweaked a bit but it came back a touch too larger for his noggin but perfect for mine. It is an olive shade of green, not sure if it is the same as the current Bluegrass Green being offered by EA. I adjusted the teardrop & brim slightly. Will post some more in the Campdraft thread...

cdgreen4.jpg

I love the colors on that one! Looks great!

B

Mr. Paladin

gtdean48 said:
cdgreen4.jpg

Nice gtd. It looks right at home there.

bolthead

Finally.....I Got My Playboy.

This was one of my Wish list hats, I found it on ebay a few weeks ago and the Mrs. said I can have it for my Birthday, but I had to wait.......well, that's tomorrow, so the wait is finally over. :D

Sorry about the blurry pics, I was kinda anxious. [huh]

1bac9b81.jpg
2fe34948.jpg

The color is kind of a Peanut Butter brown, very nice.

271641af.jpg
53f34b11.jpg

I couldn't find an actual color marked under the sweat.

fad6ff13.jpg

Any Idea on it's age?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner