Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Gone.....

bolthead said:
Sorry Colby, it's gotta go.... :eusa_doh:
Ribbon Treatment's Gone.....

Bianchi3.jpg
Bianchi4.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
sphughes said:
I just received my first Jimmy Pierce Design Custom. I ran across his work over at COW and liked what I saw. Jimmy is a young guy that will only get better as he masters the craft. This is a real nice, gray rabbit Fedora that fits like a glove.

299651926_tjasg-M.jpg

-Scott
Nice!:eusa_clap

waffle

One of the Regulars
hey guys and gals,

i'm brand new to this forum, but it's great to see how much everyone enjoys hats/fedoras in here. i've just ordered my first fedora ever.. and it's the first fedora i fell in love with as a child.. "the hat", indiana jones' hat that is. I just ordered the Herbert Johnson Poet from Todd, and i'm pretty excited.

anyway, just wanted to say hi.. pictures will be up as soon as i get the hat.

Selentino

One of the Regulars
Thanks Dr. Speed. I picked the panama up at a mens store roaming around somewhere in Mexico. The band and the shorter crown sold me on it. I've been blessed or cursed with a big round noggin so I've always gone for ths shorter Crowns.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
sphughes said:
I just received my first Jimmy Pierce Design Custom. I ran across his work over at COW and liked what I saw. Jimmy is a young guy that will only get better as he masters the craft. This is a real nice, gray rabbit Fedora that fits like a glove.

299651926_tjasg-M.jpg

-Scott
Scott...lookin' good!

waffle

One of the Regulars
sphughes said:

299651926_tjasg-M.jpg

-Scott

very nice!!

got any other pictures of the hat from another angle?

indycop

I'll Lock Up
waffle said:
hey guys and gals,

i'm brand new to this forum, but it's great to see how much everyone enjoys hats/fedoras in here. i've just ordered my first fedora ever.. and it's the first fedora i fell in love with as a child.. "the hat", indiana jones' hat that is. I just ordered the Herbert Johnson Poet from Todd, and i'm pretty excited.

anyway, just wanted to say hi.. pictures will be up as soon as i get the hat.
Hello! Did you order one of his Indy shirts too?

indycop

I'll Lock Up
waffle said:
no, i haven't but i was about to.. they look pretty nice. why, have you?
No I want to but too much other stuff to buy right now:(
I do hear they are slim fitting so when I do I will order one size up...
If the hat has not shipped you might want to order some of Todd's ribbon. if you order it later on by itself the shipping is more than the ribbon!

waffle

One of the Regulars
indycop said:
No I want to but too much other stuff to buy right now:(
I do hear they are slim fitting so when I do I will order one size up...
If the hat has not shipped you might want to order some of Todd's ribbon. if you order it later on by itself the shipping is more than the ribbon!

thanks for the tip.. but how come? is the ribbon thinner? nicer?

maybe i'll order that when i get my shirt :eek:)

indycop

I'll Lock Up
waffle said:
thanks for the tip.. but how come? is the ribbon thinner? nicer?

maybe i'll order that when i get my shirt :eek:)
No it just seems folks with Indy hats end up wanting to replace a ribbon at some point and its pretty nice and cheap until you throw shipping in on something that small.:eusa_doh:
Be sure to post pics with the hat and shirt when you get them!

Graemsay

Practically Family
I got my first Fedora today. :)

Sorry that the photo's not great.

Hat.JPG

It's a modern Stetson, in their 100x pure beaver grade felt, which has a nice feel to it. Where it falls down is that the sweatband is fabric, so I may well get that replaced by a leather one when I find a decent hatter.

The brim is a touch over 2 1/2" (about 2 9/16") wide, and the crown is around 5" high, maybe 5 1/2" when open.

I'm still trying to figure out what works for me. It is my first one, after all. I think that I will go with a taller crown, less next time. And I could carry off a wider brim, though the really wide Borsalinos (Just over 3"?) are a bit too much.

Yes, I know it's not a vintage lid, or a work of Art, and I probably should be drummed out of the Lounge for being a backslider. In my defence, I do have an Adveturebilt Deluxe on order, just it's going to take some time to arrive, and it was less than half price.

MD11

Familiar Face
my new Panama hat came in today..

Here is my new Panama hat.. light as a feather and truly feels like a piece of linen.. Love it, and apparently so does the dog! :eusa_doh:

318611032.jpg

318611031.jpg

318611030.jpg

318611033.jpg

318611028.jpg

MD11

Familiar Face
Graemsay said:
I got my first Fedora today. :)

Sorry that the photo's not great.

Hat.JPG

It's a modern Stetson, in their 100x pure beaver grade felt, which has a nice feel to it. Where it falls down is that the sweatband is fabric, so I may well get that replaced by a leather one when I find a decent hatter.

The brim is a touch over 2 1/2" (about 2 9/16") wide, and the crown is around 5" high, maybe 5 1/2" when open.

I'm still trying to figure out what works for me. It is my first one, after all. I think that I will go with a taller crown, less next time. And I could carry off a wider brim, though the really wide Borsalinos (Just over 3"?) are a bit too much.

Yes, I know it's not a vintage lid, or a work of Art, and I probably should be drummed out of the Lounge for being a backslider. In my defence, I do have an Adveturebilt Deluxe on order, just it's going to take some time to arrive, and it was less than half price.

I too have a modified Stetson 100X that I had turned into more of a Fedora.. did you buy yours that way, or have it made from a western hat?

315854043.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran