Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
GWD said:
Just finished refinishing this today. Had a gas bath and re-block, The first picture was taken with another camera.

Before
web.jpg

After

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

I hand washed the liner in woolite but couldn't get the stains out, they are much lighter however.

Now that is one sharp lid. I like everything about that one:)

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
spray n wash

I used spray n wash on an older Stetson liner. I let it soak a while and when I hand washed it half of the gold Stetson medallion washed away.

GWD

One Too Many
Thanks guys, I'll give the spray and wash a shot first, I have that at home. If that doesn't work I'll buy some oxyclean.

charlie farley

One of the Regulars
Viper Man said:
lol I hear ya, my wife thinks I am nuts. [huh]

Here are some shots of newly acquired lids. I apologize in advance for the crappy camera.

Here is my Carroll John/Cavanagh Homburg...
309402896.jpg

And here is my Lee Black Label "Commentator"...
309402894.jpg

Love that Lee. The shape and the width of the brim is great.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Commentator! Fantastic name for a hat. Rakish, dynamic, yet all business.
No mere scribe or pundit he, but a man in the know, a molder of opinion. A globe-girdler, intimate of pols and potentates, jailbirds and generals. A hat fit for Page One of a great daily or Sunday night on a national hook-up...the Commentator! :D

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
OK, now my turn

The new (ie, old) summer styles chez Fletch. None over $100!

2536232009_795700c11b_o.jpg

Vintage Brooks Bros. boater, 7 5/8. $90 at eBay. Sweat marked "Master Mode - Shower Proof."

2537050516_f1fd3a38de_o.jpg

Stetson "Soho," teardrop milan straw, natural with brown grosgrain band. $78 from John Helmer.
Has an absorbent stretch sweat, which is very comfortable if you perspire heavily as I do, but will probably stain the ribbon quickly.

2537050652_822e6ae2c5_o.jpg

Dobbs "Bellagio," center crease milan straw, sand color with aftermarket band. $50 from Aaron Hats (on sale from $75).
A little shallow and wide fitting for a 7 5/8 and has the typical horrible HatCo leatherette sweat. I suspect it will be the maid-of-all-work this summer.

2537050578_68f54f7852_o.jpg

Giorgio Cellini by Biltmore "South Beach," teardrop synthetic straw, natural with black band. $80 from Henry the Hatter (on sale from $110).
Very flexible and light, with a semigloss finish.

On the bean, L-R: Brooks, Stetson, Dobbs, Biltmore.
2537050996_be289c3342_o.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I love the boater, and while you wear them all well, I think the Biltmore looks best on you. :)

adamgottschalk

A-List Customer
Jaxon Kingston

I got this fully vented hat for $20 from the Village Hat Shop. I have to have a vented hat in summer; this fills the bill for cheap. Glasses hand-made in France.

straw.jpg

Shane

New in Town
A Couple New Ones

Just picked up my new straw from Graham at Optimo. I really love this hat and the weather finally got warm today in Chicago.

OptimoPanama_1.jpg

OptimoPanama_2.jpg

And a Stetson win from eBay. I don't think it had ever been worn. It is in perfect shape without a mark on it inside or out. The crown is not as high as my customs, so it was riding uncomfortably on top of my head. I brought it with me to Optimo and had the bash reshaped so that it fits perfectly.

EbayStetson_1.jpg

EbayStetson_2.jpg

I'll try to get some pictures of them actually on my head.

Cheers,

Shane

Tom-n-Perris

Vendor
Hello everyone I have been lurking for a very short time and decided to join. I have a few pics of some of my new hats. :)

DSCF2093.jpg

DSCF2094.jpg

This is a Panama Hat made by Jaxon that I picked up at Village Hat Shop in San Diego CA. This is before I read about Panama Bob here at the FL.:eusa_doh:

Tom-n-Perris

Vendor
Now here are the hats I acquired from Panama Bob at OFAS.

This is the Diamante or Diamond style Panama Hat.

DSCF2083.jpg

DSCF2087.jpg

This is the Indiana Jones style Panama Hat.

DSCF2089.jpg

This is the Loja Style Panama Hat.

DSCF2079.jpg

DSCF2077.jpg

My Prized acquisition from Panama Bob :D Teardrop Panama blocked by Gary White The Custom Hatter out of Buffalo, New York.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy