Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
AlanC said:
Welcome, Bart. You've got an impressive collection.

Thank you, I've been learning from the masters.:eusa_clap The collection is small enough to make me want more, but big enough to make my wife want to kill me. What a fine line to walk

Yohanes

One of the Regulars
handlebar bart said:
mopl9.png

Akubra Sydney. Too short for my liking, but it is the hat I wear to work, I don't mind if it gets dirty.

stetson5zh0.png

Whippet. I love this lid:eek:

In these pics you really look like Val Kilmer when he played Doc Holiday in Tombstone! :)

The Whippet :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
handlebar bart said:
Thank you, I've been learning from the masters.:eusa_clap The collection is small enough to make me want more, but big enough to make my wife want to kill me. What a fine line to walk

Handlebar you've summed up my hat buying experience with this statement!
Welcome to the Lounge, you have some really great hats.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
MississippiLong said:
what a great collection, bart! A+ all the way around. I'd like to see some more shots of Art's handiwork.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thanks guys, I put a better pic of my VS in Arts hat thread. But here is a Royal Stetson;)

rsxf3.png

vsna9.png
What the heck. :D Here it is

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
Very 1940s cartoon-like. I don't mean that in a sense of caricature at all, but of very strong lines, fitting a Dick Tracy chin.

skwerl-hat

One of the Regulars
knox manilan braid

ive been away from this great site for awhile but its funny how the hat aquisition urge grows like a still small voice :-D so here i am, needed a new summer hat and this is what i ended up with.

The sweatband says Superfine Knox Manilan braid
44ad_1.JPG

ive never had a hat of this style before, it has an interesting crease down the middle of the crown does anyone know what this is?

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
lincoln1965 said:
The Sydney looks great!!!

Thanks, my first lid. I bought it at Bernie Utz in Seattle open crown and they put a teardrop in it for me. Nice hat, though it is too short for my liking these days[huh]

ADHD librarian

One of the Regulars
My new one

Hey folks,
I'm a lurker of about 12 months, happily reading and feeling no need to post. However, yesterday I found myself a new hat and I know nothing about it. So I thought I'd ask, is anyone out there familiar with an Akubra Flat Top? What would it have looked like originally (I'm guessing it had a flat top?)

And, of course, here are the photos...

flattop+front.JPG

flattop+top.JPG

flattop+name.JPG

flattop+logo.JPG

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sounds interesting....

ADHD librarian said:
Hey folks,
I'm a lurker of about 12 months, happily reading and feeling no need to post. However, yesterday I found myself a new hat and I know nothing about it. So I thought I'd ask, is anyone out there familiar with an Akubra Flat Top? What would it have looked like originally (I'm guessing it had a flat top?)

flattop+front.JPG

flattop+top.JPG

flattop+name.JPG

flattop+logo.JPG

seems my images don't want to load, I'll try and work out why
....I'm all about Flat Tops. :D

Nice looking lid......:eusa_clap

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Resistol....Kitten Finnish

Got this one today, Don't have a Pork Pie in this Color, That's why I picked it up, but this might need a fuel bath.....:D

....after a quick steam, brush and quick crease job.

KittenFinnish1.jpg
KittenFinnish2.jpg

....boy, now I know why they call it a "Kitten Finnish". :D

KittenFinnish3.jpg
KittenFinnish4.jpg

Love this color, and the little highlight of grey in the Bow treatment as well. This lid is pretty old and has it's fair share of moth nibbles, especially on the front of the brim. [huh]

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
ADHD librarian said:
Hey folks,

flattop+front.JPG

flattop+top.JPG

flattop+name.JPG

flattop+logo.JPG

I do believe you hit the ball out of the stadium, with that find! If it's not rare, it should be. I don't think I've ever seen an Akubra "Pocketweight." :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

GWD

One Too Many
New Knox Fifth Ave.

Just finished refinishing this today. Had a gas bath and re-block, The first picture was taken with another camera.

Before
web.jpg

After

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

I hand washed the liner in woolite but couldn't get the stains out, they are much lighter however.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy