Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Stetson 3X Suede Finish

4506057420_b877794df6_o.jpg

Stetson's "Gay Prince" competitor. A surprise: Its medium brown[huh] and the felt is lightweight,very thin, soft and floppy. So light it is barely able to hold the crown up. Stitching is brown too, not what appeared Burgundy on ebay photos. SPSI right up there with a Borsalino Alessandria. Great condition and fit.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
rlk said:
Stetson's "Gay Prince" competitor. A surprise: Its medium brown[huh] and the felt is lightweight,very thin, soft and floppy. So light it is barely able to hold the crown up. Stitching is brown too, not what appeared Burgundy on ebay photos. SPSI right up there with a Borsalino Alessandria. Great condition and fit.[/QUOTE]

Surely a rose by another name doth smell as gay.

... I mean 'look as sweet'. :eusa_doh:

Nice lid.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
The "Tijuana" (1950)...

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w103/mojohaiku/1950StetsonTijuana.jpg[/IMG]

Modeled by our very own GWD...:D

Nice snag, rlk!

Cheers,
JtL
Thanks Jimmy! It does have the $15.00 price tag too. I have to say the "Tijuana" does sound a bit less jolly;) .

wow wow and wow!

wow! hard to believe I'm a 1 1/2 month's behind.

Dreispitz: nice straw!

Mario: fabulous restore job on the Louis Custom! suits you to a T and what a learning experience

Yeps: gotta agree the Hombug suits you much better

Cracker: I like the thin ribbon Shudde

daizawaguy: so how many VS' does this take you up to? I like the box bow

buler: seeing all of these bowlers really make me want to see what I'd look like in one

Bolthead: man, we all need friends like that!

theinterchange: that "take off" liner is the coolest I've ever seen!

Blackthorn: awsome Art, I've seen so many great ones lately, I really need to start saving my pennies and nickels, and dimes, and ... well you get the drift :)

---
good lord! I only caught up to 2/22 have a hat weekend eveyone!

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lloyd said:
Hot off the block and in my possession for less than an hour
VSOxbloodApril2010portraitbestportr.jpg

Lloyd, that hat is fantastic! The oxblood color, ribbon, and styling are tops. I think that finish looks like a tactile extravaganza! Superb work, Mr. Fawcett! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ande1964 said:
It literally took me years, but I finally own a genuine Open Road. I've wanted one since first getting into hats and finding out Truman wore one. Somehow, I've never been able to land one until now. I'm really happy with the crease. One of my better efforts, I think (he said, humbly).

Perfect for a sunny Kansas spring day.

Anj

Your finished product is great. Well done on the crease; fabulous hat. :eusa_clap

Spats McGee

One Too Many
I'm way behind, but these are lots of nice lids, guys.

Ande1964 said:
It literally took me years, but I finally own a genuine Open Road. . . .
And a fine example it is. Congratulations.:eusa_clap

Ephraim Tutt said:
I bought this Dobbs 'Randall' for my son - and as always happens, I kinda like it. I'd guess it's not too old - probably 80's.
I'm not sure you need to give that one away, ET. It looks good on you.

J. Hückel´s Söhne Wien Bowler

J. Hückel´s Söhne Wien Bowler arrived. This is the first one I have seen available labeled J. Hückel´s Söhne and probably pre WWI. More details in the specific threads.

4507526369_b616bef847_b.jpg

4508164886_87282deeb3_b.jpg

4507526119_12bfb9f470_b.jpg

Mikey P

One of the Regulars
Knox

My "new" Knox. I think I look better in pinch fronts, but this is a very comfortable hat, and was the right price. Wish I knew what year it was from.

I don't know what the deal with my mouth is; looks like I'm sucking on a life saver or something. [huh]

IMG_0653.JPG

IMG_0656.JPG

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Mikey P said:
My "new" Knox. I think I look better in pinch fronts, but this is a very comfortable hat, and was the right price. Wish I knew what year it was from.
IMG_0653.JPG

That's a nice one. I'm guessing it's from the 60's, but I may be wrong about that.

I actually have a Knox very similar to that one, with the same stingy brim, and the center bash without side dents.

DobbsMilan_3.jpg

They're a nice, stylish summer hat.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Hey, remember me!? :)

I bought this Stratoliner from HatDoc when I met him at the Monteagle, TN Fedora Lounge event recently. Been too preoccupied with other stuff lately to post pix. Here's one, though. It's in perfect condition and after wetting and wearing, it's now a custom fit.

Thanks, HD! :D

DSCN0509.jpg

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
HarpPlayerGene said:
Hey, remember me!? :)

I bought this Stratoliner from HatDoc when I met him at the Monteagle, TN Fedora Lounge event recently. Been too preoccupied with other stuff lately to post pix. Here's one, though. It's in perfect condition and after wetting and wearing, it's now a custom fit.

Thanks, HD! :D

DSCN0509.jpg

That is sharp Gene. I like the way you have the brim done up.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Chinaski said:
Yeah, HPG, that's one of those "down-up brims." I do that every now and then. I like the look.

It's always good to have somebody drop by (barge in?) ;) and brim up the place a little bit. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum