Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jauntyone

Practically Family
Joshbru3 said:
DSC03168.jpg

Wow, what a great stingy:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Please tell me it's a really small size so I won't be jealous!:rage: :D

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
rlk said:
4514680729_2a3c4e59ea_o.jpg
Gorgeous Deep Royal Blue just short of Navy color(as close as possible on my screen) and near Velour finish. More later in Borsalino thread.
[/QUOTE]

Beautiful hat rlk; the blue and the velour finish combo is striking!

Zanzibarstar

One of the Regulars
Joshbru3 said:
This is a really cool Bees Hat (Bees Hats in St Louis Missouri). I just got it today. I only paid $16 dollors for it on ebay. I dont know if you can tell but the hat is PERFECT. It looks like it was never worn. It has very high quality fur felt, that is extreamly soft. The box is a little beat up, but overall its really nice. Based on its shape, writing font, and the low gloss finish, I would guess the hatbox is from the 40's, maybe even the late 30's. Enjoy:

DSC03168.jpg

Very nice grab! I remember seeing that box. What size is the hat? Is it camel, or more light brown? I'm wondering why I didn't end up watching it.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Joshbru3 said:
Based on its shape, writing font, and the low gloss finish, I would guess the hatbox is from the 40's, maybe even the late 30's.

It's late 50s or later. There's no way it's any earlier.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Jauntyone said:
Wow, what a great stingy:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Please tell me it's a really small size so I won't be jealous!:rage: :D

Thanks for the compliment Jauntyone. This is probably my favorite stingy in my collection. Its a size 7, but it fits like its between 7 and 7 1/8.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Zanzibarstar said:
Very nice grab! I remember seeing that box. What size is the hat? Is it camel, or more light brown? I'm wondering why I didn't end up watching it.

Thanks Zanzibarstar!!! The seller measured it at a size 7, which after trying it on, I would agree with. But its just a touch loose on my head. Its not as big as a 7 1/8, but not as small as a 7. I looked for a size tag and couldnt find one. I looked the hat over for an hour and I could not find one thing that indicated that it was worn more than once if at all. Its a bit dusty from sitting in the box, but its nothing that a good brushing couldnt fix. The color is like a sand/Light camel. If you ever see another one on ebay in 6 7/8, I would highly recommend it, especially since you could probably get it for about the same as I did. A bank breaking $16.00.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Mossant Silver Hare

4521207866_4286b72de1.jpg
4520571885_b3f0e52b4b.jpg
4521208220_fa37c68893_b.jpg

I'm really excited about this one! It was nearly flattened in the box:eek: I vacuumed and felt for the original creasing...

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
rlk said:
4521207866_4286b72de1.jpg
4520571885_b3f0e52b4b.jpg
4521208220_fa37c68893_b.jpg

I'm really excited about this one! It was nearly flattened in the box:eek: I vacuumed and felt for the original creasing...

Was hoping you'd win that one, Robert :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff