Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

One Too Many
Great Collection

rlk said:
4663974158_9205577b0a.jpg
4663352777_e6f977f426.jpg

4663975164_27636bb31d.jpg
4663353267_7b2ddd1427.jpg

!B,GHBIgB2k~$(KGrHgoH-CkEjlLl7IbuBKp6k36w1Q~~_12.JPG
!BuJGcNw!Wk~$(KGrHqEH-CMEvqHiSuWpBL+E,fkJs!~~_12.JPG
Disappointing condition but its certainly an old one.
Robert: I am amazed with all your hats.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

jwalls

Vendor
Lefty, Mr. E Train

Thank you for the kind words, I think. My friend intends to wear the hat when hunting, although I told him it doesn't meet regulations. [huh] [huh]

Mr E Train

One Too Many
jwalls said:
Thank you for the kind words, I think. My friend intends to wear the hat when hunting, although I told him it doesn't meet regulations. [huh] [huh]

Kindness was intended, at least towards your workmanship, which looks great. I thought about him possibly being a hunter, and my other theory was that he's a Clemson or Tennessee fan.

jeffconnors

A-List Customer
Lloyd said:
more pics in the Hall of Fame

VSforestJune12010shadow3.jpg
:eusa_clap
I think i be getting one just like it with some gold ribbon work
NICE very nice hat lloyd :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
What color suit goes best with green hats>?
What kidda brim work is on that one?

cybergentleman

A-List Customer
thats a great find. one of the nice things about these vintage bowlers is the dip of the curled brim. the new era bowlers in general have a curled brim all around/ these old ones have a dipped brim- really makes it look sharp-dressier.

a few modern makers also do it

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
local antique mall find.

What an absolutely amazing find. Gorgeous lid, gorgeous condition. Just outstanding. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

BTW -- what does it feel like to find a hat like that live and in person? I think I would just about faint. (Buler, feel free to weigh in on this last question, as well...;))

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
Lefty said:

Man, you scored an Avenue at an antique mall? A rare find indeed. The hats I find at those places should be called the Back Alley or Goat Path or some such...I hope you bought a lottery ticket while the moon and stars were still alligned in your favor!
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for all the kind words in this thread and others. :)

What surprises me is that I've been going to this antique mall for years and have found 3 great, larger size hats there - a Borso Savoy, the hat I wear most often during felt season, the Borso I just sold, and this one. Though there are a few stands at the mall that have a bunch of hats (many are the same ones that have been there for 5 years), each of these three was at a different stand, and each of those stands if of the type that sells almost nothing but glassware. This one really floored me, and like the sold Borso, it was at one of the last stands before the exit.

JtL - please refer to noggin shot for the thousand words :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy