Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
RobFedoraField said:
it almost looks like an ostrich print

I've never seen another ribbon like it. Im sure there have been plenty on the forum, but I've never seen it. The ribbon is extreamly high quality and so is the hat. I was told by several forum members that the way companies used to "De-oilize" thier hats back in the 30's was the treat the fur felt with snake oil. I'm unsure if it wears off in time or just from use, but there isnt one stain or drop of oil on that hat.

Yimmy

New in Town
Dobbs Gotham...

Saw this pop up on the bay last week, and couldn't resist. (it's a bit lighter than this picture shows.)

895383927_cWne9-M.jpg

895384102_6j3AB-M.jpg

895384196_8o4Mu-M.jpg

The feather is a bit tattered, and i'll probably replace it. Otherwise, it looks great!

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Yimmy said:
Saw this pop up on the bay last week, and couldn't resist. (it's a bit lighter than this picture shows.)

895383927_cWne9-M.jpg

895384102_6j3AB-M.jpg

895384196_8o4Mu-M.jpg

The feather is a bit tattered, and i'll probably replace it. Otherwise, it looks great!

Cool ribbon. Great looking hat.

suitedcboy

One Too Many
billyspew said:
Two recent arrivals:
An Adam Royal Skylark Johnnyphi, via another lounger
4675577382_c4f1c6a295.jpg

An Adam De Luxe (my first), in a surprising green.
4674950597_de1e8db8d0.jpg

More details to be posted in Adam Alley.

Great hats!
To be sure they actually suit you, we need photos with you wearing them to be sure they actually look better than that little red number you were sporting recently.

:rolleyes:

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
suitedcboy said:
Great hats!
To be sure they actually suit you, we need photos with you wearing them to be sure they actually look better than that little red number you were sporting recently.

:rolleyes:
:arated: Those are both great-looking hats. Bill certainly has an eye for the Adams, and knows what looks good on himself.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Late 20's/Early 30's Otto Matt

It's been a while since last I wandered here... ;)

This arrived today: a very old Austrian fedora manufactured by Otto Matt Hutmacher, Bregenz (located at the Lake Constance).

Raw edge, unreeded sweat (with the name of ther hatter embossed in gold), no liner. Jet black. I gave it a good brushing for now, but I believe it could take a wee little naptha bath as well. There were a few light wrinkles in the ribbon but I was able to steam out most of them.

On the inside of the sweat there is a very faint, hardly visible stamp (no way I could photograph it) with a date in it. After nearly loosing my sight by staring at it for - well, way too long anyway - I believe that it says 1928, but I can't really be sure. Give or take a few years, I think the hat dates from the late 20's/early 30's.

If there ever was a 'soft' hat, this lid really deserves the name. I was in doubt if I'll be able to put a crease in it, but with some steam it eventually kept the bash I gave it (don't know why, but for some reason I went with a kite diamond [huh] :D ). The felt is incredibly thin and soft, easily the lightest hat in my whole collection so far.

The seller gave the size with 54 (6 3/4) but it turned out to be a slightly large 55 (6 7/8)...and I am not surprised! :rolleyes:

Crown (creased): 4 7/8"
Brim: 2 3/4"
Ribbon: 2"

Looks like this:

Otto-Matt.jpg

Dave E

One of the Regulars
Got a second Fed IV today, Fawn to go with my Carbon Grey:

FawnFed3.jpg

FawnFed2.jpg

FawnFed1.jpg

I've gone for a slightly different crease, tighter pinch at the front, than the grey. Rather liking it so far!

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Mario said:
This arrived today: a very old Austrian fedora manufactured by Otto Matt Hutmacher, Bregenz (located at the Lake Constance).
That's really nice, and looks very much like something ScottF would own. :eusa_clap

Spats McGee

One Too Many
That's a beauty, Mario. I really like those diamond bashes you use. :eusa_clap Mine never come out that crisp. Somewhere around here, there's a Black Hat Brigade or something where this one seems to belong.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Mario said:
It's been a while since last I wandered here... ;)

Raw edge, unreeded sweat (with the name of ther hatter embossed in gold), no liner. Jet black. I gave it a good brushing for now, but I believe it could take a wee little naptha bath as well. There were a few light wrinkles in the ribbon but I was able to steam out most of them.

On the inside of the sweat there is a very faint, hardly visible stamp (no way I could photograph it) with a date in it. After nearly loosing my sight by staring at it for - well, way too long anyway - I believe that it says 1928, but I can't really be sure. Give or take a few years, I think the hat dates from the late 20's/early 30's.

If there ever was a 'soft' hat, this lid really deserves the name. I was in doubt if I'll be able to put a crease in it, but with some steam it eventually kept the bash I gave it (don't know why, but for some reason I went with a kite diamond [huh] :D ). The felt is incredibly thin and soft, easily the lightest hat in my whole collection so far.

The seller gave the size with 54 (6 3/4) but it turned out to be a slightly large 55 (6 7/8)...and I am not surprised! :rolleyes:

Crown (creased): 4 7/8"
Brim: 2 3/4"
Ribbon: 2"

Looks like this:

Otto-Matt.jpg

WOW!!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Goodwill finds today...$2 each

Top is by Botany 500, but I don't think it's vintage because it size label look newer and is sized 'M'

Lower is a vintage Park Royal. No size label, but they both are perfect fits and I am a 7 1/8

Also for sale there are two Stetson Open Roads and a Resitol with the same sort of style, but they're all $25 each...can't afford that.

hats100.jpg
[/IMG]

Mario said:
Thanks. :)

I really like the fact that this baby came to me for a mere (should I say whopping?) 4,06 Euro (just a tad under $5.00)...

Those are the prices I love! :D :D

Mario, I had a feeling that hat was going to be fantasic! Really love seeing the detailed pics. What a deal or should I say steal! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Mario

I'll Lock Up
mayserwegener said:
Mario, I had a feeling that hat was going to be fantasic! Really love seeing the detailed pics. What a deal or should I say steal! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thanks Steve. :)

Now I'm waiting for the black velour hat. Should be from roughly the same time as this one.

Mr E Train

One Too Many
'50 or so size 7 5/8 Royal Deluxe Open Road in, in rougher condition than I anticipated. You don't even want to see the inside. The sweatband was starting to dry rot and crack, so I had to have it replaced, which is a shame.

or1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy