Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DRB

One Too Many
Dave E said:
Got a second Fed IV today, Fawn to go with my Carbon Grey:

FawnFed3.jpg

FawnFed2.jpg

FawnFed1.jpg

I've gone for a slightly different crease, tighter pinch at the front, than the grey. Rather liking it so far!

Dave, I love Fed IV's and that color on yours is very nice. That is one practical and masculine looking hat!

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Dave E said:
Got a second Fed IV today, Fawn to go with my Carbon Grey:

FawnFed3.jpg

I've gone for a slightly different crease, tighter pinch at the front, than the grey. Rather liking it so far!

I also have the fawn Fed IV, but looking at yours, I forgot how great they look new - good choice!

Black Jack Strat...

Jack Walls, jwalls, made this with his 1941 Stratoliner flange for me. I will be posting a full review hopefully this weekend but here is a photo of it in the works. I received it in yesterday's mail but due to other stuff couldn't do more than look it over quickly, put it on my head & then back in the box. Known specs are Silver Belly, 2 5/8" brim, bound edge & matching 5/8" Antique Silver Belly ribbon. 7 5/8 LO, wind trolly (not present at this stage)...
stratclone.jpg

Spats McGee

One Too Many
gtdean48 said:
Jack Walls, jwalls, made this with his 1941 Stratoliner flange for me. I will be posting a full review hopefully this weekend but here is a photo of it in the works. I received it in yesterday's mail but due to other stuff couldn't do more than look it over quickly, put it on my head & then back in the box. Known specs are Silver Belly, 2 5/8" brim, bound edge & matching 5/8" Antique Silver Belly ribbon. 7 5/8 LO, wind trolly (not present at this stage)...
I'm looking forward to the review, gtd. That's a good-looking hat.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Borsalino Feather Weight Augusta

4688051077_05a9bd0e7b_b.jpg

4688087345_ccc0b673a4_b.jpg

Color is Bismuto(Bismuth) from the Borsalino Periodic Table of Elemental Hat Colors. Grays all seem to be Heavy Metals.

One Too Many
Nice hat ¡¡¡¡

rlk said:
4688051077_05a9bd0e7b_b.jpg

4688087345_ccc0b673a4_b.jpg

Color is Bismuto(Bismuth) from the Borsalino Periodic Table of Elemental Hat Colors. Grays all seem to be Heavy Metals.
Robert: one more beautiful, furthermore an authentic Napolitan, Congratulations ¡¡¡ I like it in S.L.P., Greetings from my small city.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
I recently received an 'Amiata' Borsalino. 'Amiata' is a mountain in Southern Tuscany, which is actually a similar color to my hat:

amiata01b.jpg

BorsRollFrontmed.jpg

rlk

I'll Lock Up
ScottF said:
I recently received an 'Amiata' Borsalino. 'Amiata' is a mountain in Southern Tuscany, which is actually a similar color to my hat:

amiata01b.jpg

BorsRollFrontmed.jpg
or: A Miata that is similar in color to your hat.
4689040405_6785557f5a_o.jpg

Nice hat whats the inside look like?

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Two hours ago the latest addition to my collection arrived:

Another very old (probably late 20's/early 30's) velour hat from Austria or Germany. It's not so easy to give a name or origin for this hat as the tag says G.J.M. while the (hardly readable) logo on the liner and the gray, unreeded sweatband says 'Favorit'. [huh] In the future, I'll refer to it as the G.J.M.

The jet-black, velour-finished felt is pretty thick and dense and seems to hold about every crease you throw at it (I went with a simple center dent for now). The ribbon was slightly wrinkled but I was able to remedy this with a bit of steam. No stains or other kinds of dirt. A good brushing was all it took to make the felt shine like new.

The hat is a bit on the tight side so it's going to be what I call a high rider.

Crown (creased): 4 7/8"
Brim: 2 3/8"
Ribbon: 2"

Here we go:

GJM.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Mario said:

Another very old (probably late 20's/early 30's) velour hat from Austria or Germany. It's not so easy to give a name or origin for this hat as the tag says G.J.M. while the (hardly readable) logo on the liner and the gray, unreeded sweatband says 'Favorit'. [huh] In the future, I'll refer to it as the G.J.M.

The jet-black, velour-finished felt is pretty thick and dense and seems to hold about every crease you throw at it (I went with a simple center dent for now). The ribbon was slightly wrinkled but I was able to remedy this with a bit of steam. No stains or other kinds of dirt. A good brushing was all it took to make the felt shine like new.

The hat is a bit on the tight side so it's going to be what I call a high rider.

Here we go:

Another beautiful hat.

Mario said:

Here we go:

Wow this one is even more fantastic! Two rare old rare German - Austrian Fedoras in one week! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Mario

I'll Lock Up
ScottF said:
Another beautiful hat.

mayserwegener said:
Wow this one is even more fantastic! Two rare old rare German - Austrian Fedoras in one week! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thanks. Yeah, I guess I can consider myself very lucky to have scored those two gems for...what? Peanuts! Just a tad under 10 Euros for both of them. Doesn't happen every day... :D

Mario said:
Thanks. Yeah, I guess I can consider myself very lucky to have scored those two gems for...what? Peanuts! Just a tad under 10 Euros for both of them. Doesn't happen every day... :D

Yes what amazing deals -> steals! I haven't seen 4 old German - Austrian Fedoras (no matter the size) of that quality - condition become available all at the same time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy